Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

There's the unofficial versions of the mod/map.

But there's reason to speculate. Real Virtuality 4 has been confirmed for the standalone, Rocket's been talking about testing 1-200 players and Ivan Buchta has been talking about revisiting old maps, we might see something Limnos sized along the way. Atleast I hope, Chernarus with 200 players is going to feel a bit crowded. You'll be standing in line at the supermarket in Cherno.

Funny so many people call this a "new" map, its been around for ages, great map though and am glad some non Arma guys finally get to see some things out of the ordinary, maybe get some of you into the modding community. :)

Later on this year. I personaly would not mind urban map with hell of a lot zombies with Walking Dead-like experience. Seen one map like this actualy, although cannot remember its name. :huh:

Edited by eStecko

Sad thing is, because it isn't connected to HIve, you're dealing with a load more hackers than before. As well as not being supported past 1.7.4 code.

I encounter a hacker in the main hive almost every time I play the game. There are less hackers in lingor servers just because it is not well known. I'm guessing hackers banned in the main hive can still connect to lingor servers though...

I think the mods are mad that people want to try something else out for a change other than chernarus and can't handle the fact that it gets boring after 700 hours.

Thanks, I'll receive my locked thread now because you're mad.

i NOTICED THIS PROBLEM TOO, i prefer lingor island to that shitty ass chernarus , whoeevr chose that map sucks at life GAWD.

Because this site is for DayZ...Lingor is not DayZ. It is somebody who has used the DayZ code without permission to create his/their own copy..

answer enough?

Lingor =/= official support from the DayZ devs.

There is a particular thread for Lingor in the Off-Topic forum. It is not a supported map on this forum, by that we mean, we do not provide any support for it. Hosting discussion about it in other boards can confuse readers into thinking we do. The Lingor map project is entirely separate from Day Z, and as such it is Off-Topic and we only need one topic to discuss it.

Any further questioning of this will result in warnings.

Closing and merging with the Lingor Chit Chat thread.

How interesting that the DayZ wiki has detailed description on how to install and play Lingor Island

Even more interesting is that the DayZ wiki is run by fans, not devs.

http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/DayZ:About

And it's this exact kind of thinking that we are trying to avoid, and the reason the Lingor/Private Hive threads had been moderated.

I will say this now, and I will say this once;

• You can make threads on Lingor Island and Private hive. This is a new rule, however, so the moderators were right in moderating threads in the past.
  • Any problems relating to Lingor Island/Private Hive servers will be unsupported by the development team until further notice.

Edited by Griff

So, I'm currently downloading lingor island ,and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on where the best loot spawns. I'm taking a break from chernarus as it gets boring way too fast. I like variety, and that's why I'm downloading Lingor island.

Moved to off topic.

Threads related to unsupported maps do not belong in general discussion.

Moved to off topic.

Threads related to unsupported maps do not belong in general discussion.

Lingor island should be supported..... It's a pretty cool map.

Lingor island should be supported..... It's a pretty cool map.

Devs have enough on their plate right now

That's right ... but Lingor is not done by Devs ... all they have to do is let the community help ...

This can actually help them reduce the workload :)

I'm not sure you fully understand the process.

Private Hive and Lingor is made by the community, and in theory should be supported by the community.

It is not supported by the dev team, so issues with those things are not to be addressed to the devs or to other people in DayZ general discussion.