Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

I really think Rocket should consider HIVE support for a few more maps once he gets a very stable release going. People obviously love Lingor and adding even more variety could only be good.

• Like 1

has rocket said anything on lingor island mod yet?

its a bit hypocritical to blanket talking on a mod of a mod... but its also not nice to copy someones code for your own mod..

tried it for a bit, lots of military gear (like SHITLOADS).. bit too much if you ask me. Unless the map is intended as sort of a deathmatch thing.. But would sort of make sense if the island was meant to be a military oriented one with the homes and shit for the families.

I see a lot of Lingor posts on here, and sorry if this has been brought up, but as I understand it, Lingor Island is not officially sanctioned by the Dayz team.

I honestly think we all ought to sit down and plead, beg, do whatever it takes to get an official version of this map running on official servers.

This map is just amazing, it is so much more fun then Chernus.

Like 90% of the buildings are enter-able, that is pretty much an epic win by itself.

The loot spawns just make more sense. I cant explain this one except to say that you wouldn't for example find a pile of wood in a grocery store, or in slum areas you find "slum" weapons or Civ weapons, in bases you find Mil weapons, and I guess it just feels like the spawn areas make more "sense"

The zombies. I dont know why exactly, but it seems that the zombies are a much bigger threat on this map. They just seem to mob/swarm better, dont get stuck in buildings trying to chase you as often.

And the map design overall just presents more opportunities for player interaction. A lot more natural choke points, neat areas, and places to run into player, where as in cherno you just have a lot of woods.

I had an awesome time playing a game of cat and mouse in a village with another player trying to kill me.

You could enter every single building in the village, and some of them connected on the roof tops with planks. all the while trying to get the upper hand in position I was avoiding zombies as well.

Good times... anyway felt like sharing that.

• Like 1

Zombies even harder? That's not good, considering that they Zig Zag way too much. Rocket will fix both Zombie pathing and make more buildings enterable in Standalone

I tried Lingor very briefly and I don't know why but it seemed to me that it had the same feel as fan made maps for old Duke Nukem 3D. Maybe it plays good but the quality is just not the same as original maps.

I would like to see an official support for it.

I play it, my friends won't. Not enough servers with it near us, to high of ping.. ect.

I tried Lingor very briefly and I don't know why but it seemed to me that it had the same feel as fan made maps for old Duke Nukem 3D. Maybe it plays good but the quality is just not the same as original maps.

And that's your opinion which you are entitled to, but if you want my frank and honest opinion, the quality on Lingor just blows chernus away. Attention to detail is a big part of it. Hard to explain until you have spent a lot of time on Lingor and start noticing all the little things that just make it a better map overall IMO.

Yeah it's not official, I suggest waiting for rocket to say something about custom maps before you go getting some.

PPL like you make me SICK

PPL like you sit back and watch people like me, keep it up.. I like the crowd

• Like 1

there is something like 8-10 barracks on the map, there is a fair few airfields as well and pretty much every town is covered in military spawns.

Haven't seen any barracks yet...

So I am watching videos of Dayz on Youtube. I have come across about 4-5 videos of Dayz on Lingor Island, which is a place I have never seen and their characters are using different models...are these old videos or is Lingor Island a new map for Dayz?

No, it is the fan-made map, the dayz devs don't support it i think and are against it

So much for Rocket having appreciation for those who try to do the same thing he's doing.

So much for Rocket having appreciation for those who try to do the same thing he's doing.

they aren't doing the same thing as rocket they hijacked his mod and put it on a new map. thats not innovative or game changing thats stealing and disrespectful to rocket.

Lingor is not official or supported, but you are free to discuss it in the off-topic board, where this thread is going.

Hey guys I've been hearing rumours of a new map to be released in DayZ. Can anyone either confirm or deny this? or just add what you've heard?

Lingor Island is what you heard, its a custom map, smaller then Chernarus and uses private hives, therefor your character will be unique in Lingor and the old one will stay in Chernarus.

• Like 3

Lingor Island is what you heard, its a custom map, smaller then Chernarus and uses private hives, therefor your character will be unique in Lingor and the old one will stay in Chernarus.

Thanks For the help

so this a non official map?

Yes, its not official, but you can play it anyway. The server have some old things enabled, like bandit skins and side chat, so you can make contact with friendlies more easily or find a bandit pretending to be friendly. ;)

Yes, its not official, but you can play it anyway. The server have some old things enabled, like bandit skins and side chat, so you can make contact with friendlies more easily or find a bandit pretending to be friendly. ;)

Thanks for the help mate i was wondering for quite a while about this just decided to finally find out about it :)

Something else if anyone knows the answer is there anything that needs to be done to get this or will the new map just be running on certain servers?

Edited by Crazy9601