rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

The idea of the bandit system is great but right now it causes more problems than its worth, Ive shot a player that was snooping around my tent today and got the black screen while it changes model which ive waited in for 3 minutes then i just disconnected because it was clearly bugged, the whole transition into a bandit is very immersion breaking not to mention the fact it wipes your backpack.

Remove it please.

Strelok tallied up the votes. The survivors have spoken...remove the bandit skin.

No beans, no justice, no peace. We didn't land on Chernogorsk, Chernogorsk landed on our beans. Give us liberty, or give us beans. All for one and one for beans.

If a skin is to be implemented for behaving in a certain way, I think it should be implemented across the board for a number of behaviors -- adding a significant amount of depth to the game (medic skins, "guide" skins, "good guy" skins, bandit skins, etc). If having the bandit skin alone is causing trouble, scrap it and wait until later when you have the time to implement are more complete "skin" system.

also, keep up the fantastic work.

Scrap them for now, and come back to the concept later if you get bored. My opinion is that work should be spent on getting the core features of the game done, to include major features, like missions, or building of forts or whatever else your planning on doing. Having skins change to reflect how somebody plays is neat, but there is no real gameplay impact at this point, due to the threshold of becoming a bandit being so low.

I do think that having a set of default skins for players, and then some achievable skins for good/bad/medical, etc players is a neat idea, but there are more important things.

No?

I assume you're talking about the bandit models that are currently being used? I <3 my Bandit model :(! I look so, "Survivalist" :D

I was originally against the idea of scrapping them but now that I've turned into one for protecting myself from one, I am FOR scrapping the bandit models until a more robust system is created.

I'm all for being able to identify people but until you have time to rework the humanity system to distinguish between defense and deathmatch, let's put it aside and focus on other things.

Please get rid of the bandit models. I'm tired of people knowing that I'm a murderer. I just want to go back to shooting people in the back and pretending it wasn't me.

Thank you.

Update

Original post

Page 8:

MrWeed: No

Cpl Taylor: No

Pte.Robinson[6th AB]:no

--v--(update)--v--

LanceUppercut: Invalid

Kouassi: Yes

Mugen: Invalid

Malarky: Yes

Page 9:

SF Bandit: Yes

Braxton: No

Pale_Rider: (changed to a YES)

Saboteur: Yes

Total (page 1 to 9):

YES: 46

NO: 15

Invalid: 13

Feel free to count and read again

I'm human after all

All they do is encourage PvP.

YES to scrapping them. For some reason, I get an error when trying to vote.

Fear of losing humanity has been the only thing stopping me and my crew from killing anyone and everyone we see. If you scrap them, then there will be nothing preventing us from shooting everyone on sight.

I vote no.

Yes, Keep The Bandit Model!

****I typed a more then a sentence below. You don't have to read it XD.****

There has to be something in line to prevent constant death matching. Way to many people will just go crazy if they have nothing to lose (in real life when you die, you being a crazed murderer would end. The bandit model is the only thing that is close enough to that).

Unless you want to have another solution (i.e- Respawn time of 10 min extra per player kill for example), otherwise I consider the bandit model a necessity.

Another option, if you ever do come up with a skill system making people lose a skill point for killing a High Humanity player would be sufficient in my book. Little message blaming the loss of skill points on the stress that comes from killing another person is what I have seen done. Seems like a realistic option to me.

All in all, I agree that the bandit model may be unfair to player killers, but obviously a lot of you people die more then the average non-player killer. Being able to respawn and just start shooting again is unfair to other players. There has to be some sort of punishment system to counter balance it.

I cant vote, but I say no, if you continue working on the system that it applies in. Killing in self defense doesn't make much sense to take from humanity and consequently making you closer to bandit skin. I can see, however, how such actions would take away from a persons humanity, as such. Just imagine yourselves.

No, because removing the bandit skin will turn this game into an overly stressful PvP extravaganza where shooting first and asking questions later will become the default response to meeting anyone you don't instantly recognize.

Make a WANTED board and have players put up items for offer for the killing of certain player killers. LOL would be funny and kinda cool.

Yes, remove them.

Although it is nice to be able to visually identify a player as hostile, this could be done with mouse-over text or other simpler methods.

The people has spoken Rocket.

Scrap em' bandits out.

Hope your headache will be gone now.

No. Realism has priority when positively affects gamplay or doesn't affect it at all, and as far as the gameplay goes it's already much much easier to play a random killer than a paragon survivor. I'm open to alternatives, but the survivor/bandit balance is already one of the most glaring problems and doesn't need to be made worse.

No, don't scrap them but make the skin change back from bandit to survivor voluntary or much harder (remove the regenerating humanity). There should be a way to visually identify PKs, otherwise the game will devolve in TDM with zombies when there's no visual cue on who is dangerous and who may not be so dangerous.

I'm a bandit, proud of it. I've only murdered on American servers though, which few Aussies or Kiwi's would hold against me (most would probably buy me a beer). I mean that's what most of them do when they're on our servers.

Doesn't seem fair when I go play on a local server, I'm still branded a homicidal bandit.

Please don't scrap the bandit skins. Without them this mod quickly devolves into a situation where you run away from other players, and the zombies are just mere inconveniences you try not to step on.

Just leave it the way it is now. If bandits can't handle it they can simply stop PVPing it's not like you have to PVP in this considering how abundant supplies are.

The whole self defence thing doesn't fly with me either, don't go where you have to defend youself. People go into towns and airports and then are suprised when people start shooting at them, common sense please.

I actually would like to see it removed. It just makes no sense that you have to look like a killer if you are one.

What i would like to see aswell on it's place is a way to chance how you look (your model basically), maybe find army uniforms at airfields/military camps? If it is possible, that is.

Edit: Can't vote.