rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

They are a major headache to me, from a technical standpoint.

Please limit your thoughts to a single short sentence, starting with a yes (remove bandit models) or a no (keep bandit models). Also vote using the poll. Or neither. Or both.

By the way, your signature. You're my new personal hero.

Yes, scrap them, if it's keeping you from more important tasks. Ideally I'd prefer to see them replaced by a similar system with multiple tiers, given the time and resources, but even this idea is so low in my mind that it doesn't even exist in my wishlist.

I couldn't vote either. Not enough permissions.

Yes because it gives more freedom to players; should someone decide to play a bandit as one character and are then killed, they are still a bandit even if they want to change their ways.

I get a permissions error when I try to vote.

My vote is No. Currently that's the only indication/implication to being a mass murderer of noobs. If something else were to take the place of de-incentivizing killing newbs in the starter areas, then by all means take away the models.

I get a permissions error when I try to vote.

My vote is No. Currently that's the only indication/implication to being a mass murderer of noobs. If something else were to take the place of de-incentivizing killing newbs in the starter areas' date=' then by all means take away the models.

[/quote']

Agreed, my vote is no because it IS helpful when not everybody can communicate properly to determine of they're friendly.

However if it really is that much of a pain in the ass. Could you explain the difficulty you're having, Rocket? Maybe some of us "no's" would sympathize and understand why you want to stop implementing.

Yes, remove the bandit models.

I don't want to be a bandit, but if a player shooting me misses first, I have to wait for them to hit me to shoot back...which is pretty damn dangerous :)

Yes scrap them. It will create more realism. I would love to see a system where you can pick a skin yourself.

No. Visual cues are an elegant way to anticipate the actions of another player..., at a glance.

I'd like to see a range of skins from serial killer to lawman.

They are a major headache to me' date=' from a technical standpoint.

Please limit your thoughts to a[u'] single short sentence, starting with a yes (remove bandit models) or a no (keep bandit models). Also vote using the poll. Or neither. Or both.

Scrap them and introduce models you can choose on creation of that character. People are identifiable then.

Better feeling. Better for groups. Better for everything.

Yes scrap them. If there's technical issues with them just scrap them out, no need for headaches.

Also the poll is broken.

Cant vote either.

Tried to vote YES because it does more harm than good for gameplay.

Yes Scrap them. Bandits wouldn't dress up like a bandit or else they'd be out of business. I'd imagine they would try to blend in with the "norms" that way they can easily deceive/steal.

Yes, but make all the skins that are compatible with the backpacks available to players either by choice at spawn, or randomly at spawn. This wont be an issue in Arma3 since you can take the clothes off dead people which will made a bandit skin useless since they would just kill a civilian and nobody would know the difference.

I'd say keep them, but I would rather prefer if we could just choose our own skins. This is kind of a moot vote, but I think I'm gonna say we should keep them, if anything make it a little harder to become one (since people are having self-defense issues).

1. Remove them, but replace the player skin with a randomly generated post apocalyptic skin that doesn't make the player look like Ash Ketchum (as is currently the case), and makes us look a little bit more militaristic/camouflaged. Forest camo would really make the most sense.

2. Continue the bandit and humanity ratings. It would be cool to know after the fact whether or not a person was a player killer. It's usually fairly obvious to work out by virtue of their behaviour and consistency in communication.

Yes, we should scrap them. However, leave the ability to choose skins. After that self-defence case, I've come to love this neat kufiya that KSK Scout skin has.

No keep them, but if there is technical difficulties i would understand why it would be disabled.

I say scrap them as well, the model/textures itself does not add much to the game. Even in groups of mixed bandits/non bandits, they serve no purpose. Some bandits are friendly, some non bandits are deadly.

No. I find the bandit skin very useful in telling me who to give a wide berth.

Remove the bandit models. Possibly add a wider variety of player skins at server sign-in instead.

Yes, scrap them. It makes the mod feel too 'gamey' (like a Gmod RPG) for my tastes, has not served to eliminate PvP in the slightest.

The fact that it is taking your attention away from more pressing matters is reason enough, especially when there are a lot of features I think that almost all of the players can agree we want. The fact it is so polarizing and divisive is proof enough that it isn't working as it should.