rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

Yeah but a hospital will soak a limb in warm liquid or apply an electric blanket.

Actual heater packs are purchased over the counter, most typically by hunters or military personnel working in ECW climates.

I do not understand why heatpacks should spawn in hospitals' date=' it is not a medical item.

They should spawn in stores, deer stands, military tents and houses. With the highest probability in deer stand, then stores then tents and then houses.

[/quote']

How is it in any way a non-medical item. It's used to warm up the body to prevent hypothermia correct? That's a medical issue.

it is more common as an outdoors & survivor item than as an item (not) often found in hospitals. Hospitals have blankets and maybe electric heating equipment for hypothermia but not heat packs that often are used outdoors by hunters etc.

Ma

I do not understand why heatpacks should spawn in hospitals' date=' it is not a medical item.

They should spawn in stores, deer stands, military tents and houses. With the highest probability in deer stand, then stores then tents and then houses.

[/quote']

How is it in any way a non-medical item. It's used to warm up the body to prevent hypothermia correct? That's a medical issue.

Maybe because hunters, campers, and military personnel use heat pads quite often?

Edit: Also, hospitals in game already have loot that can only be found there. Imo the heat packs should be found in deer stands exclusively to give them something unique.

You can buy hot hands at the grocery store. I don't think hospitals normally keep that sort of thing in stock.

I'd say they should spawn at grocers and deer stands. I always use hot hands when I go hunting so it makes sense.

I dont like that player bodies are being deleted so fast. It changes the dynamics to something more stale and worse forcing players to either kill other players or to go focus on loot locations more.

1. It makes life much easier for "bandits"' date=' no sign of their deed after 15 minutes which gives no warning to anyone entering the area.

2. No happy surprises for survivors coming onto more unfortunate survivors and making use of their gear.

3. The feeling of carnage and apocalypse will be less if there are no dead survivors around and will lower the immersion of the game.

whats the logic behind this decision?

[/quote']

You are aware that any bandit can hide a body leaving no trace of his "deed", right?

Guys, honestly stop talking about the goddamn heatpacks. We're past that issue.

All I see is like 10 pages on heatpacks you would think MAYBE just MAYBE survivors would care about something more serious than where they could locate a fucking heatpack.

Shit, I say give them a 0.001% to spawn on top of a building because anyone using a heatpack should just jump off of it.

Guys' date=' honestly stop talking about the goddamn heatpacks. We're past that issue.

All I see is like 10 pages on heatpacks you would think MAYBE just MAYBE survivors would care about something more serious than where they could locate a fucking heatpack.

Shit, I say give them a 0.001% to spawn on top of a building because anyone using a heatpack should just jump off of it.

[/quote']

The reason people are discussing it is because Rocket asked us where they should be spawned.

Yes. But they dont have to make the same suggestions 100 times.

Where should heatpacks spawn guys? fucked if I know. What you think?

General stores, hospitals, and rarely in apartments, just my opinion :D

Any other questions about game ideas? :huh:

Hmm' date=' I would like to see this video...

It sounds like you either have a really REALLY crappy connection, or some other host of black magic

[hr']

Thread is moving so quickly its hard to remember what page Rocket posted the changelogs on.

Eventually I'm sure we'll see final changelogs posted in stickies per, instead of this mish-mash where a changelog gets posted 45 pages in

Just because you don't experience an issue doesn't mean it's not so...

That's what the forums/repoting issues is about man, so quit arguing with me plx.

You are just detracting from the issue to post your non-sense opinion...aka pointless man.

Me and 20+ people on my gaming clan have been experiencing these "issues" across multiple servers.

I'll post a video if I could log into a server today (can't get into a single server yet) :P

+1.

I play with a group of five other people, we ALL experience this issue. This bug turns any attempt to hide in a building into a fucking death sentence. I've seen zombies run through a wall, across a room, out the other wall, then start trying to attack me though the wall.

Don't start trying to call bullshit on someone for having a bug or saying "it must be your connection blah blah" just because you haven't played enough to experience said bug, this is an alpha.

true this sometimes happens to us aswell!

honestly why do I see 20 pages of freaking heatpacks and nothing about tents/vehicles!

I don't know about you guys but I will trade a 100 heatpacks for 1 freaking working tent!

true this sometimes happens to us aswell!

honestly why do I see 20 pages of freaking heatpacks and nothing about tents/vehicles!

I don't know about you guys but I will trade a 100 heatpacks for 1 freaking working tent!

i would say there has been enough posts about tents and vehicles too, how about discussion revolving around the new dynamic female skins will bring in? its going to be fun hunting white knights..

I dont like that player bodies are being deleted so fast. It changes the dynamics to something more stale and worse forcing players to either kill other players or to go focus on loot locations more.

1. It makes life much easier for "bandits"' date=' no sign of their deed after 15 minutes which gives no warning to anyone entering the area.

2. No happy surprises for survivors coming onto more unfortunate survivors and making use of their gear.

3. The feeling of carnage and apocalypse will be less if there are no dead survivors around and will lower the immersion of the game.

[/quote']

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Original post says 5minutes.

If I get involved in a long distance shooting or sniping, and I kill a guy,

I want to make sure the scene is safe before I loot.

But 5 minutes means I have to go there immediately.

Also bandits don't even need to hide bodies after this fix.

But I guess there's reason for changing it:/

please fix the server response message this time rocket.

its not even playable at this point

thank you

I very seldom get that message anymore....it has vastly been improved....please move along.

I very seldom get that message anymore....it has vastly been improved....please move along.

Once again, stop basing your development advice on what you alone are experiencing. Just because it's working for you doesn't mean it's working for everyone. I've been trying to join ANY server for about an hour and am just stuck at waiting for server response.

Many of other people I also play with have noted that this has been vastly improved....

[/quote']

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

But I guess there's reason for changing it. Just hope to hear what rocket has to say.

I think rocket said that this increases game performance significantly.

Once again' date=' stop basing your development advice on what you alone are experiencing. Just because it's working for you doesn't mean it's working for everyone. I've been trying to join ANY server for about an hour and am just stuck at waiting for server response.

[/quote']

I understand where you are coming from, I have the same issue a lot of the time, but not all the time.

I just wish (and I think some other people wish the same) that people would stop asking such stupid questions and use the "search" function. It's there for a reason and there have already been several such posts about the "Waiting for server response" problem.

Not sure if these bugs have been mentioned or not...

-Must relog to get the refill option for jerry can

-Must relog to get the fuel vehicle option.

-Removing wire option doesn't work every time.

-When used, the removing wire option bugs and stay in your scroll wheel menu until you relog.

-In some instances looking through your binocs while aimed level with the ground or at the ground can cause a huge drop in FPS. The last time this happened to me I was out in a clearing about 75 yards from a deer stand looking at the deer stand and wooded area behind it. When I'd aim the binocs straight ahead or at any sort of a downward angle my FPS would drop to below 15, but would jump up to 60+ when I aimed at an upward angle or at the sky.

Once again' date=' stop basing your development advice on what you alone are experiencing. Just because it's working for you doesn't mean it's working for everyone. I've been trying to join ANY server for about an hour and am just stuck at waiting for server response.

[/quote']

I understand where you are coming from, I have the same issue a lot of the time, but not all the time.

I just wish (and I think some other people wish the same) that people would stop asking such stupid questions and use the "search" function. It's there for a reason and there have already been several such posts about the "Waiting for server response" problem.

I concur, but this is a separate issue. I'm just tired of people saying "Nah, that doesn't happen to me so don't worry about it." The goal of any alpha test is to make the game playable the largest segment of the community possible, not to custom tailor it to any particular individual. We need to stop discounting other people's complaints and bug reports simply because we are not experiencing those bugs ourselves.

I think rocket said that this increases game performance significantly.

Oh ok:-/ I thought it was something like that.

[/quote']

I concur, but this is a separate issue. I'm just tired of people saying "Nah, that doesn't happen to me so don't worry about it." The goal of any alpha test is to make the game playable the largest segment of the community possible, not to custom tailor it to any particular individual. We need to stop discounting other people's complaints and bug reports simply because we are not experiencing those bugs ourselves.

I'm not saying we should ignore it, in fact I'm trying to say the complete opposite, just that they should read threw the forums more thoroughly and post them in the appropriate forum topics/threads before asking questions that have already been asked multiple times. And as long as one individual is getting the issue, it could be an upcoming issue for others, so it most likely will be dealt with until it is completely eliminated.