rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

Where should heatpacks spawn guys? fucked if I know. What you think?

hospitals and supermarkets of course. maybe even deer stands and military camps

Yup!

That being said' date=' though, what exactly does a cold do? I got one last night, and so did my brother. We've been coughing for the good part of an hour in-game, but nothing else has happened, despite our temp level being below 28.... Is there anyway to remove the coughing? Apparently, antibiotics are about a .22% drop in a hospital....

[/quote']

I'm increasing antibiotic drop rate in the patch. The infection doesn't do much yet - it is more annoying, gives away your position, can increases the chance someone around you will get infected.

But what I would like to hear, is how you dropped down to below 28. Was it reasonable how you got to that low temperature?

Well, we mostly play at night, and we don't have a strong enough connection to play on servers that are in other countries (i.e. other timezones), so every time I log on, my temperature is the same from the last time, so over two days (about four hours, roughly) of playtime, our respective temperatures dropped. I've found one thing of wood, but no matches, and I dropped the wood afterwards to make room for some food that I found. I've never had time to play in the day, and no luck finding fire materials at night...so...constant temperature drop... then infection/cold. My brother, who travels with me, has the exact same issue.

Along with this, playing only at night has its own risks, obviously enough. The constant pitch-blackness, combined with the paranoia of dropping a single flare, makes it so that we constantly run for up to half an hour with little to no idea where, in fact, we are until we hit a building/town/zombie/etc. As for the temperature thing, I can't help but feel that it's a little overpowered at the moment, seeing that our temperature was dropping about 1% every five minutes outside, and rarely seemed to increase when we were inside. Without a fire, there seems to be very little we can do to survive in this apparently verdant frozen wasteland...

I still believe that the temperature factor is an interesting idea, but given the amount of wildlife wandering the wilderness, and the bugs, butterflies, and so on, I never feel like I'm wandering through a cold night when I see a rabbit merrily hopping alongside me, and bugs flitting this way and that....and my character coughing and wheezing at 28% temp value. Perhaps there could be lootable clothing, like winter coats or something? That would increase your resistance to cold, or remove it?

As for the bugs that are around right now. Adapt and Conquer. Getting butthurt about stuff not being fixed yet doesn't get you anywhere its still in Alpha. Beta is where all the bugs will get fixed. Alpha is about adding new features testing shit out removing things that dont fit or just dont work for the mod.

Lets get something straight. From my understanding, the issue with "Save Camping Tent" etc has been fixed as well as most of the vehicle problems. There is a HUGE problem needing to reload in to do any middle mouse functions without this fix.

This prevents you from:

Fueling Cars

Fixing Cars

Harvesting Meat

Performing Blood Transfusions

Bandaging a Friend

Giving Morphine to a Friend

Giving Painkillers to a Friend

Taking Down Wire

Taking Down Tank Traps

Putting this fix out would help out much considering how reloading in is taxing on servers. I am not saying stop adding new stuff. I am not saying to fix stuff. I am merely requesting the code that is already complete and functional be released.

Heatpacks:

I think the best place for heatpacks to spawn would be stores and deerstands. Hospitals already have enough "emergency" items in them. Please, what ever you do don't make them spawn in the barracks or airfields. These places already ofter exceptional loot and are nearly impossible for solo players to access (I play with 2-3 others).

Tents:

The tents are weird, I followed the advice to spam the "pitch tent" button (lol), and was able to successfully pitch a tent. It worked pretty well, I actually was able to place it three times in close proximity before I finally found a semi-suitable spot before the server restart. The problem, was after the server restarted, everyplace that I pitched a tent earlier now had a tent, I had successfully created a camp ground. After seeing this group of tents (highly visible now), I attempted to remove them but was unable too and all of the items that we put in the final one had vanished even though we popped on immediately after the restart.

Was this just a freak bug or are others experiencing the same?

DayZ Mod:

Awesome, the mod is awesome. I can't bring myself to play anything else at the moment. Please don't give into any of the "xyz is too hard threads". Make it even more challanging and expand on the survival aspect, I want to cry irl when I die and shit myself when I get zombie aggro.

As for the female skins, I might suggest that they remain changable per character on respawn (then once when the patch rolls out).

This isn't a reflection of you, people always like to play differently at some stage and I can say that I don't play the exact same each time I respawn. Perhaps once time I might want to be with a group of people, we all use the same skins and we just bash about, other time I might just play a more loner character.

Also, being an alpha and all this selection seems for the best, because if there's any sort of bug with female (or even male) people can just respawn back to the opposite and avoid those bugs till they're fixed.

Changing a variable to set you male/female shouldn't be restricted when it's easily done, games aren't copys of real life, some try hard to be that way but in the end, there isn't a reason to rob people of the choice. People'll still pick female if they want to, aswell.

This IS 1.6

And to the haters' date=' there is only so much the mod can do for the capacity type bugs. We need to wait till the new ArmA2 Beta is out for the delays with waiting for server response. Generally now people aren't having a problem anyway.

[/quote']

hey man, we all hope you're fixing the vehicle problems with this build. no1 can repair vehicles atm. also frickin' allow vehicles on newer servers plz.

grocery store, hopitals and houses.

Military base too, we had shittons of those things laying around in the medic platoon and with the supply guys. It's a fairly common item.

Rocket, any chances the work you do on girl bodies could trickle back down to arma2 OA? or maybe arma3?

Rocket, you should just say fuck it and release this patch Monday. You should hire me as your emotional burden because right now even I'm getting annoyed with all the people asking "R VEHIKLS FIX?" That way I'll be angry for you and you can focus on doing your job.

Give everyone one heat pack at spawn, that way it'll become pretty much like the cans of beans.

meaning you're going to have to kill someone for their heatpack, or make em give it to you.

The people bitching about vehicles fixes, probably won't even get to use a vehicle or have never used one in the first place.

This IS 1.6

And to the haters' date=' there is only so much the mod can do for the capacity type bugs. We need to wait till the new ArmA2 Beta is out for the delays with waiting for server response. Generally now people aren't having a problem anyway.

[/quote']

Not sure if this was a response to my question or not (as I was the last to mention the waiting for issue).

I'm not a hater - I'm a supporter.. I was offering help if it was needed I'm all for this mod and would do anything to help even if it was to provide some server racks as I have resources/access to this in multiple countries.

Don't mistaken help from criticism, many years in development will teach this. Criticism is actually a blessing in the development industry, helps us grow.

heh, I don't think Rocket needs any lessons on the development industry... as I understand he is an old hand.

I didn't say he needed it, it was an offer. Companies who provide RLT Software don't do so on a one man team. Microsoft isn't a one man team. Productivity grows with help. The help I was offering was also Server racks in multiple countries for free for a good period of time.

I've been developing real time critical software for longer than I care to imagine and I would never turn down help. I can understand if he does due to an attempt at making a name for himself to possibly further his career (that is more than understandable) but again, I was offering more than actual 'development industry help' :)

Rocket' date=' you should just say fuck it and release this patch Monday. You should hire me as your emotional burden because right now even I'm getting annoyed with all the people asking "R VEHIKLS FIX?" That way I'll be angry for you and you can focus on doing your job.

[/quote']

Your fucking funny man. Veichles r pretty important on 200 sq km map. if you understand this. ppl here like to play and like the dynamics of game. veichles make finding your buddies easier on map. without veichles this would be walking simulator 2012. understand? i like hiking and walking but that i do in RL and here it would be nice when you spend 3 hrs getting to broken car and than 4+ on getting all the parts and than 1 hr going pack to car wreck. it would be nice to fix it and make even 200 m with it. you know. so i can speak for myself cos i played arma since ofp and i played pretty much every mod in this game+ i played dayz while there has been no servers in europe and us,i can say veichles are realy fucking important.

rocket if your job requires relaxation your free to be my guest on croatian adriatic coast. just for vacation mod. and here we have veichles:)

good work ofc modding this almost dying game.

The people bitching about vehicles fixes' date=' probably won't even get to use a vehicle or have never used one in the first place.

[/quote']

omg is this some kind of counter logic?

I dont like that player bodies are being deleted so fast. It changes the dynamics to something more stale and worse forcing players to either kill other players or to go focus on loot locations more.

1. It makes life much easier for "bandits", no sign of their deed after 15 minutes which gives no warning to anyone entering the area.

2. No happy surprises for survivors coming onto more unfortunate survivors and making use of their gear.

3. The feeling of carnage and apocalypse will be less if there are no dead survivors around and will lower the immersion of the game.

whats the logic behind this decision?

I think hospitals and at certain military structures would be good for it. Would make sense for the military to be properly geared for cold weather if need be.

I'm having big problems server responses both from the server I'm playing on and the character server.

I know quite a few people who are - sadly, from the sounds of things this won't be resolved until Arma 2 Beta.

Hmm' date=' I would like to see this video...

It sounds like you either have a really REALLY crappy connection, or some other host of black magic

[hr']

Thread is moving so quickly its hard to remember what page Rocket posted the changelogs on.

Eventually I'm sure we'll see final changelogs posted in stickies per, instead of this mish-mash where a changelog gets posted 45 pages in

Just because you don't experience an issue doesn't mean it's not so...

That's what the forums/repoting issues is about man, so quit arguing with me plx.

You are just detracting from the issue to post your non-sense opinion...aka pointless man.

Me and 20+ people on my gaming clan have been experiencing these "issues" across multiple servers.

I'll post a video if I could log into a server today (can't get into a single server yet) :P

I do not understand why heatpacks should spawn in hospitals, it is not a medical item.

They should spawn in stores, deer stands, military tents and houses. With the highest probability in deer stand, then stores then tents and then houses.

I dont like that player bodies are being deleted so fast. It changes the dynamics to something more stale and worse forcing players to either kill other players or to go focus on loot locations more.

1. It makes life much easier for "bandits"' date=' no sign of their deed after 15 minutes which gives no warning to anyone entering the area.

2. No happy surprises for survivors coming onto more unfortunate survivors and making use of their gear.

3. The feeling of carnage and apocalypse will be less if there are no dead survivors around and will lower the immersion of the game.

[/quote']

its probably good practice to assume that restrictions in certain areas is an exchange for server stability or refined gameplay

I do not understand why heatpacks should spawn in hospitals' date=' it is not a medical item.

They should spawn in stores, deer stands, military tents and houses. With the highest probability in deer stand, then stores then tents and then houses.

[/quote']

How is it in any way a non-medical item. It's used to warm up the body to prevent hypothermia correct? That's a medical issue.

1. It makes life much easier for "bandits"' date=' no sign of their deed after 15 minutes which gives no warning to anyone entering the area.

[/quote']

I have to say I agree with what MasLegio is saying allot, I'm not gonna add anything because all his points are right on the money. I think a better time for bodies to stay in world would be at least one hour. Please take what MasLegio is saying into consideration.