rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

Where should heatpacks spawn guys? fucked if I know. What you think?

Military tents near dear stands, they shouldn't be available in normal med camps in towns.

:0 I suggested this! This is great!

Although I reckon it was just done off Rockets intuition,

I think heatpacks should spawn in the wooden houses.

Hospitals hold too much loot considering there are like only 3 in game and bandits hold monopoly on them:

Epi pens, Antibiotics, Morphine, Blood bags (I know morphine etc spawns elsewhere but its very low chance)

Heatpacks need to be out there, shops and huts deffo - or even a new loot spawn location?

Hunters use them, the military would use them in cold climates, they can be bought at certain stores, and hospitals have them for hypothermia related emergencies.

Extremely common in Hospitals and low Chance (<5%) in residential buildings.

They should be valuable and rare, but you should know where they are if you want/need them.

My 2cents.

EDIT: Actually more like <2% after I compared it to other items.

Heat packs... probably in hospitals, stores and deer stands?

Well, where you can find other first aid stuff you should be able to find heatpacks. Not perfectly logical solution but it will do?

Is it possible to spawn loot by/in car wrecks?

Chimining in for heatpacks;

Hospital sure

Supermarkets

Varied random houses

Deer Stands

Some of us prefer to stay away from the cities, so we need accessability to these items from the outer edges, be it a small village or a deer stand.

What we really need is drinkable Whiskey bottles to gain some heat :D

id rather have some Vodka

the map is supposed to have been part of the Soviet union right?

Heatpacks are found in camping stores, or hunting stores. so i guess the stores in towns would be a good place. Also the hunting stands.

Am I the only one who would rather have the fix out for all the horrible bugs than wait on the new crap like skins and hand warmers?

Agree with some posts above.

Heat blankets are not rare IRL and should not be in dayz either.

My thoughts are it should have high spawn rates in supermarkets and hunting towers.

Lower but still possible in residential houses and hospital.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Bodies being deleted immediately (now will stay around for 15 minutes)

* [FIXED] Player profiles sometimes corrupting and causing stuck in loading issues (error handling by engine)

* [FIXED] Temperature listed in percent and not degrees (now displayed in degrees)

* [FIXED] Loosing temperature inside vehicles (now will slowly gain or be static in vehicles)

* [FIXED] ItemPainkillers popup error (no longer happens: thanks Norbert!)

* [FIXED] Spawning in Ocean when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)

* [FIXED] Loosing gear when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)

* [FIXED] Wrong M107 is spawning on occasion (Correct one spawns)

* [FIXED] Crashed heli uber-loot not spawning (does now thanks to GhostBear!)

* [FIXED] Wire Fencing Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)

* [FIXED] Tank Trap Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)

* [FIXED] Invisible character models occuring (No longer invisible models)

* [FIXED] Panic not being activated (Your character will sometimes panic)

* [FIXED] Blood washout sometimes not being displayed (now will always wash out color depending on blood level)

* [NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests

* [NEW] Wire Fencing kit model by Artyom Troshin

* [NEW] Tank Trap kit model by Artyom Troshin

* [NEW] Construction options moved to items in gear menu (right click wire fencing kit to use etc...)

* [NEW] Hospital Loot Spawn probabilities changed

* [NEW] Players can choose to be a female survivor (once only per CD-Key)

* [NEW] Heat packs for increasing temperature in an emergency

* [NEW] Bandit Skin for low humanity is removed

At this point you might as well hold off and add some more new features and just call it 1.6

Am I the only one who would rather have the fix out for all the horrible bugs than wait on the new crap like skins and hand warmers?

I'm fairly sure the point of alpha is to implement features to see what is best, with bugs being semi secondary, or something of the matter. With beta being focused on getting rid of the bugs. I may however be wrong.

Come on... Let the creativity flow. Or come back later.

Yes. You also seem to be one of many that doesn't understand what Alpha means.

Stores,Gas stations, and Hospitals?????

Very rarely on housing........

This IS 1.6

And to the haters, there is only so much the mod can do for the capacity type bugs. We need to wait till the new ArmA2 Beta is out for the delays with waiting for server response. Generally now people aren't having a problem anyway.

Yeah, now is the time to cram as many features into this as possible.

Let us the players work out what is best and what isn't, so he can trim the chaff.

After that comes the bug squashing phase known as beta.

A lot of developers get this backwards these days, which is why we end up released games that have loads of bugs, from features added at the last minute.

Any chance of making it so you can bandage someone while they are unconscious. The long like 2 min hour glass not the short one. As you can't bandage them while they are in that state so if they are bleeding they are basically fucked.

You can bandage someone who is unconscious' date=' but you can't bandage yourself when you're unconscious.

[/quote']

I think we need to get back to original menu style for bandages, morphine and painkillers. Having these in menu makes healing yourself much more obvious rather than taking a guess what you need to do in your Gear menu or how to fix your bones\shaking screen. (I saw streams with newbie players taking all their morphine and painkillers for no reason) I stopped to notice that I got bleeding wound because usually having "Bandage yourself" in menu gave me a hint that I was bleeding and right now I can loose lots of blood because flashing white cross is not enough to warn me about bleeding. Eating food\pitching tents\making fires\etc. from Gear menu is fine but healing actions are available by the context and they should appear in menu.

I would have to agree with you, I liked the older style for using medical supplies.

I like that as well...