rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the humanity solution hes come up with on the tracker, go bandit and expect a lot of tin cans at loot locations. Brilliant...

Please fix "Save old camping tent" bug' date=' it just stuck after you see it. And it blocks a lot of options to heal your mates in-game.

[/quote']

Fixed in 1.5.9

Best fix in the update. Hands down.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the humanity solution hes come up with on the tracker' date=' go bandit and expect a lot of tin cans at loot locations. Brilliant...

[/quote']

Sorry pal, this thread hs already hit it's quota for successful trolls.

[NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests

holly crap.... this game is getting serious...

now all we need is toilets. :)

Need to have working transportation. Kinda sucks some servers have them and some dont.

I'm a little confused at the moment. There's two issues (maybe three if I can think of the third one before I end this post) that are bothering me.

1) Servers seem to be really inconsistent with their times. For example Chicago 20: Earlier today I went in and it was only one hour behind my time zone (I'm in EST), but then I went in later and it reset to about 4 or 5 hours behind my time zone. Bashur's server was like 8 hours behind, and then another server was almost 10 or 12 hours behind. I don't know if it's server admins messing with the time of day.. but I noticed that most of these servers with odd times also have shoddy loot, i.e. only bags spawning, or even nothing at all.

2) I haven't seen my TempVal go down at all since the hotfix that fixed temperature decreasing while inside a building. I mentioned this one a server and someone said some servers have it disabled. Is this true that some servers are allowed to disable it? I have a feeling it's more or less a bug.

3) Someone else mentioned in another thread - or earlier in this one, can't remember - that people were placing barbed wire all over the place in some good loot spawn locations to keep people out. I don't see a problem with this because it can be easily removed; however, sometimes the barbed wire is placed ABOVE ground and you can't step over it with 'V'. Is this intentional or did they get lucky and place it on an invisible brick or something? Or was it supposed to be where you couldn't vault over it the whole time?

Also just wanted to show my appreciation for all the hard work you guys are doing for this game. Can't wait until beta rolls around to iron all these bugs out and make this the most enjoyable game I've played in years.

I'm a little confused at the moment. There's two issues (maybe three if I can think of the third one before I end this post) that are bothering me.

1) Servers seem to be really inconsistent with their times. For example Chicago 20: Earlier today I went in and it was only one hour behind my time zone (I'm in EST)' date=' but then I went in later and it reset to about 4 or 5 hours behind my time zone. Bashur's server was like 8 hours behind, and then another server was almost 10 or 12 hours behind. I don't know if it's server admins messing with the time of day.. but I noticed that most of these servers with odd times also have shoddy loot, i.e. only bags spawning, or even nothing at all.

2) I haven't seen my TempVal go down at all since the hotfix that fixed temperature decreasing while inside a building. I mentioned this one a server and someone said some servers have it disabled. Is this true that some servers are allowed to disable it? I have a feeling it's more or less a bug.

3) Someone else mentioned in another thread - or earlier in this one, can't remember - that people were placing barbed wire all over the place in some good loot spawn locations to keep people out. I don't see a problem with this because it can be easily removed; however, sometimes the barbed wire is placed ABOVE ground and you can't step over it with 'V'. Is this intentional or did they get lucky and place it on an invisible brick or something? Or was it supposed to be where you couldn't vault over it the whole time?

Also just wanted to show my appreciation for all the hard work you guys are doing for this game. Can't wait until beta rolls around to iron all these bugs out and make this the most enjoyable game I've played in years.

[/quote']

1) I assume when the server crashes it resets to a default time like when you unplug your alarm clock and it resets to 12:00.

2) I don't think servers can disable this, but rarely will your temp go down during the day unless it's raining, It goes down during the night, and if you go swimming.

3)Get a Tool Box and then you can cut the barbed wire that is "placed ABOVE ground".

I know you can remove it with a toolbox, but before the hotfixes came around, it seemed to were able to vault over placed barbed wire. Now it's impossible to vault over barbed wire. I'm just wondering if this was an intentional fix or there's some exploit people are using to raise barbed wire off the ground.

If it's a bug' date=' it's a server-side bug. My TempVal definitely still drops and drops very fast in the rain.

Yeah, this annoys the crap out of me. Lots of people are just putting tonnes of barbed wire fencing everywhere to grief. On one server the whole NW airfield was covered in it and it was 3 rows deep into the barracks (meaning it was impossible to get in). This would be ok except that it was impossible to remove them. I've found that it's significantly more likely that I wont be able to remove a barbed wire fence than that I will (and yes I have the toolbox). It means that if I want to enter whatever building has been fenced off, I have to go to another server. It's clear that people are just griefing with it, since it would also be impossible for them to get through the barbed wire or to remove it.

I haven't yet seen barbed wire used in a legitimate way - it's either been placed randomly (presumably by people testing it out) or its been placed in a way that permanently blocks off a building (usually with multiple rows of barbed wire for good measure). I think it should be completely removed from the mod until it's fixed so that it can be easily removed by players with toolboxes.

barbed wire is really pointless anyway, it serves no purpose in game other than to be annoying, using it to cover your tent site really does nothing but increase the campsite location visibility, its easy to remove and it doesn't stop zombies

1) I assume when the server crashes it resets to a default time like when you unplug your alarm clock and it resets to 12:00.

Game time is tied to the system time on the server. If someone changes the time on the Windows server and then restarts the server, the game will change to the new system time.

edit: It is possible to change the system time via windows powershell. Admins could be setting a script to reset the time and restart the server on a regular basis.

barbed wire is really pointless anyway' date=' it serves no purpose in game other than to be annoying, using it to cover your tent site really does nothing but increase the campsite location visibility, its easy to remove and it doesn't stop zombies

[/quote']

This guy has it right, except for the easy to remove part. Placing it in buildings often means the stakes are located inside walls, thus it's irremovable. With it being persistent over server restarts, its a bitch.

I love all aspects of this game , but what makes the game complete for me is the Heli's and cars.

Who doesn't want a quiker way of transportation , a search/adventure looking for these rare driveable things .

Since the vehicles got removed i've started playing less , i hope they are added in again soon and the respawn on them is fixed.

Somehow this is the most fun part of DayZ for me , getting vehicels !

freelance.png

barbed wire is really pointless anyway' date=' it serves no purpose in game other than to be annoying, using it to cover your tent site really does nothing but increase the campsite location visibility, its easy to remove and it doesn't stop zombies

[/quote']

This guy has it right, except for the easy to remove part. Placing it in buildings often means the stakes are located inside walls, thus it's irremovable. With it being persistent over server restarts, its a bitch.

Glad to see I'm not alone on the barbed wire front. It seems most people are placing barbed wire in a way you can't get over them, as every once I've come across I can't vault over. It is incredibly lame when someone uses it to block off spawn points (especially in the airfield when you take the risk to get there and get out)

Here is the current changelog' date=' I'll update it as I go:

Changelog:

* [FIXED'] Bodies being deleted immediately (now will stay around for a while)

* [FIXED] Player profiles sometimes corrupting and causing stuck in loading issues (error handling by engine)

* [FIXED] Temperature listed in percent and not degrees (now displayed in degrees)

* [FIXED] Loosing temperature inside vehicles (now will slowly gain or be static in vehicles)

* [FIXED] ItemPainkillers popup error (no longer happens: thanks Norbert!)

* [FIXED] Spawning in Ocean when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)

Any chance of fixing losing your inv when you go into the water. Makes boats next to impossible to fill

About zombies, is it possible to fix that they bite through walls and running through walls aswell. Or it will be fixed later?

And In which patch we should expect Bandit/Survivor Morphing removing? How about making all players in survivor skin and later adding patch with skins?