omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Why the hell are there so many guns?

more choices = bigger endgame.

yes however why limited the choices to mainly guns?

Variety is a good thing, why is this a thread?

Edited by smasht_AU

AWDFSVdezrfszrfsghgw\s

you cant tell me what i can and can't do fuck you

also, didn't read

Edited by unknownuser

AWDFSVdezrfszrfsghgw\s

also, didn't read

Then why post this at all? Stupid spammer. (coming from the guy with 3 active posts right now lol but seriously they're worthwhile.)

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Then why post this at all? Stupid spammer. (coming from the guy with 3 active posts right now lol but seriously they're worthwhile.)

there is no rule against it

+1postcount

there is no rule against it

+1postcount

well there should be

• Like 1

Except nope, 3 LMGS, 7 Snipers, learn math please.

Should be six sniper rifles though... a battle rifle with a non-magnified close quarters scope on it is not a sniper rifle.

There are so many guns we need to have combinations! I think if Rocket implemented dual wielding this game would be much better!!!

It's not a zombie shooter, it's a one sided PvP match. If you're in Cherno for supplies and not to be on the edge hunting said supplies hunters, you're playing it wrong.

and no, you can't tell other people how to play, that's wrong, you just have to snipe on a hill and camp bodies because that's the only way real men play. See the problem there?

There is only 3 LMG's ...

M240 - M249 - Mk mod 0

FACTS BRO FACTS

And we need 50cal's vs vehicle's

Edited by Jemoeder

Makes sense that Russians would have Bizons, as they are as Russian as a Kalashnikov or Dragunov. I use one for awkward zed moments, and an m1911 as my main killing tool because of power and easy to stock ammo. The mag capacity means I don't have to treasure each and every round, or save them for PKs. I've found that just the sound of suppressed rounds is enough to scare many players into retreat (read alt-f4) even if you don't intend to murder them.

If there is a reason why there are M4/M16's in Russia, then it would stand to reason that whoever left them around would prolly have M203s. Otherwise in terms of realism they shouldn't be around at all. We don't yet know the back story though. It could be that there was a battle in Chernarus involving American troops.

I do agree though, that exotic military weapons are a bit too common, rare as they are. The variety of them is kind of fun however, even if they are mostly the same stats wise. For a game in which there isn't much to do once you have a strong hold on survival, finding a gun you've never shot can be gratifying.

Any weapon that can be used to kill innocent players can also be used to defend them. The heavy weapons are a bit much for zombie hunting, but when there's a chopper terrorizing the coastal cities they can be instruments of justice and glory.

Also, though I would eventually regret it I'm sure, I wish that guns had a chance to jam.

It's not a zombie shooter, it's a one sided PvP match. If you're in Cherno for supplies and not to be on the edge hunting said supplies hunters, you're playing it wrong.

and no, you can't tell other people how to play, that's wrong, you just have to snipe on a hill and camp bodies because that's the only way real men play. See the problem there?

yes I do see the problem here, hence why I haven't left the forums ;)

At first I thought having few guns (such as only pistols, shotguns and cz's) to be harder on the shooter would be best but the player should have the fear and dread that comes with the knowledge that he could be a target at any time.You don't get that feeling from other games. Even in an ArmA2 pvp match, there's just not enough opportunity for a dedicated sniper to get into position and you usually don't have to worry about it.

At first I thought having few guns (such as only pistols, shotguns and cz's) to be harder on the shooter would be best but the player should have the fear and dread that comes with the knowledge that he could be a target at any time.You don't get that feeling from other games. Even in an ArmA2 pvp match, there's just not enough opportunity for a dedicated sniper to get into position and you usually don't have to worry about it.

Do a night scenario with limited intel on both sides?

Im with the OP here. The endgame right now is completely retarded and weapons that you can get are a major reason for this.

You can play any way you want. That doesn't mean you have a right to survive just because you like to stand in an open field screaming: "friendly!"

You can play any way you want. That doesn't mean you have a right to survive just because you like to stand in an open field screaming: "friendly!"

while I agree, I also don't think a player has the right to just kill them, and gloat about in on GD ;)

I personally play this game for the PVP/surviving aspect. If I wanted a limited amount of guns and hordes of zombies(different thread) I would go play Left 4 Dead. PVP makes this game, not the zombies. The variety in all the equipment you can get makes this game interesting. Fact is that there is no realistic zombie survival game.

So i signed up just to post in this thread really.

If this game was to become realistic, it would probably become boring to most. I wouldn't mind personally if it did, but ALOT of things would need to change.

1. Items can't respawn in real life.

2. Servers would have to be 1 huge world.

3. GL getting ammo in a realistic apocolapyse without people already there camping it for survivors. Or even people just looking to kill.

You get where im going with this, pretty much it wouldn't really be a game anymore, and everything would be limited. Even animals and such. GL living without any food :< lol

one thing i would hope they'd fix when the full game is out is the amount of ammo that is found (hopefully they solve duping bugs and such by then) more melee weapons such as hatchets and possibly other weapons such as knifes and machettes* would be used while ammo would be scarce... (sorry for typos too tired to actually fix any of them atm)

* i know theres not a machette in this game, and you can't use knives for combat, but in the full game release, they could add pretty much anything i would think. Utentials and such

Edited by Krytical

If there were 3 guns in the game, the "end game" would be a walk around Cherno.

That *IS* the end game, once you get your AS50 you come back to cherno and snipe noobs. That's it.