omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Why the hell are there so many guns?

If we reduced the amount of guns we had, we'd have to reduce the amount of ammo we'd find due to the fact on what makes this game tough is you'll find, say, a CZ550, but oh no, you have M24 Rounds. It's a matter of choice, logic, and making sure we all rage at the lack of Winchester ammo.

Why? I have been sniped maybe 5-10% in all of my deaths. Maybe you need to change your tactics if you getting dominated by snipers all the time.

I have never been killed by a sniper. Ever. I state as an observation that there are too many snipers. i think CZ550, M24, and one other military grade sniper should be in the game.

My bad. Even still, let's cut the snipers down to two or three.

Remove the .50 cals. They take no skill to use whatsoever.

But add more variety of weapons, more SMGs, more assault rifles (or more realistic types for the setting). Replace the American/European LMGs and rifles with Russian counterparts. PKM, RPK for LMGs, replace the L85 and FN FAL NV with the AK-74 Goshawk. If a .50 cal is really necessary then let it be the Russian KVSK.

The huge variety of guns in ArmA 2 allows for this. It's just lazy game development from rocket.

• Like 3

I have never been killed by a sniper. Ever. I state as an observation that there are too many snipers. i think CZ550, M24, and one other military grade sniper should be in the game.

It should be the CZ550, SVD and KVSK imo. Why do we have an abundance of American and European weapons in a Soviet post-apocalyptic setting?

It should be the CZ550, SVD and KVSK imo. Why do we have an abundance of American and European weapons in a Soviet post-apocalyptic setting?

Maybe because the map is in RUSSIA

Edited by Natedog9145

.50 cals are in the game because there are vehicles in the game, genius.

And how are sniper rifles directly linked to vehicles? You can use any gun on a car.

This game is not a shoot em up. The variety of weapons currently available is fine, but more weapons would be appreciated as well. First of all, you have to consider where exactly Chernarus is.

Due to how spread out russia really is, many of the half-baked laws there only are enforced heavily in cities. If you have seen Long Way Round, the movie where Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman travel the world on motorcycles,(which is actually a documentary film), you should remember that the man they met in a small russian town to the south east owned an ak-74 and a m1911. He even showed it off to the two famous actors! This leads me to believe that many of the weapons in DayZ could actually be found in the huge landscape fairly easily.

Secondly. You also should remember that even though these guns DO exsist in DayZ, most are not very common. Even if you happen to get an AS50, generally speaking, you will keep it only for a few days unless you stash it somewhere, and even then there is a good chance it will be found by another curious survivor. Currently, the balance of weapons in DayZ is good as is, regardless of anyone's opinion. As previously stated, this mod wasn't meant to be realistic, as many people mistake it for that. It was just a side idea of rocket's that he actually expected to die down around 2000 players. Besides, who cares if its realistic or not? its a goddamn game. The whole point of it being here is to provide enjoyment.

• Like 2

.50 cals are in the game because there are vehicles in the game, genius.

That makes no sense. Vehicles can be easily taken out with small arms, especially the LMGs.

.50 cals are really in the game because rocket is too lazy/unable to fix alt+f4 and dcing in combat. His solution is to give players the ability to 1hit kill each other so that there is no opportunity to alt+f4.

• Like 1

That makes no sense. Vehicles can be easily taken out with small arms, especially the LMGs.

.50 cals are really in the game because rocket is too lazy/unable to fix alt+f4 and dcing in combat. His solution is to give players the ability to 1hit kill each other so that there is no opportunity to alt+f4.

Is that why? I thought it's just another OP weapon in games. It seems like a good idea, in theory.

Well, that's just my own theory. It's either that or he did it to attract the CoD kiddies.

Really, anti-material rifles are completely out of place in this game. And what with duping being so easy, they've become ridiculously prevalent. Fire fights aren't even firefights any more. It's just a 1-hit-1-kill-dead-before-you-know-it sniper war.

I'm using the AS50 right now, but only because I'm not going to put myself at a disadvantage against other players. I'd be MORE than happy to see it go, along with the M107.

• Like 1

DayZ is not a zombie-survival simulator.

It has the window dressing of zombie-survival as a hook. Zombie-survival is the window dressing to draw players in. But the gameplay focus of the mod is: sorta-persistent-world deathmatch on an enormous map.

The zombie-survival aspect rapidly becomes a hoop to jump through so you can pvp over l33t weapon spawns and vehicles.

The pvp itself is fun. But that's just the base ArmA pvp at work.

Edited by jonahcutter
  • Like 1

Well, that's just my own theory. It's either that or he did it to attract the CoD kiddies.

Really, anti-material rifles are completely out of place in this game. And what with duping being so easy, they've become ridiculously prevalent. Fire fights aren't even firefights any more. It's just a 1-hit-1-kill-dead-before-you-know-it sniper war.

I'm using the AS50 right now, but only because I'm not going to put myself at a disadvantage against other players. I'd be MORE than happy to see it go, along with the M107.

pff...i don't pick up snipers. i use my main weapon for CQB and zombies. which is why an M4A1 is the ideal weapon for me.

These weapons seem very unfitting for a zombie apocalypse

I'm sure if there was a real life zombie apocalypse nobody would use specific guns because they are powerful.

Really, anti-material rifles are completely out of place in this game.

Yeah they don't even use them in the armed forces because killing a soft squishy human with one shot isn't fair.

A real question is why are there millions of hatchets and windshield glass all over this virtual world? At times I feel like Russia's main manufactured goods are hatchets and windshield glass.

My suggestion to you is to take a deep breath and get over it. I personally enjoy the large amount of guns in the game. I have made it a goal to find and collect all the guns in the game with ammo.

A real question is why are there millions of hatchets and windshield glass all over this virtual world? At times I feel like Russia's main manufactured goods are hatchets and windshield glass.

My suggestion to you is to take a deep breath and get over it. I personally enjoy the large amount of guns in the game. I have made it a goal to find and collect all the guns in the game with ammo.

Finally someone mentioned it! We need way less hatchets in this game. I swear, every time I'm a new spawn and I go to a barn to find a decent lee enfield or winchester, it's hatchets. 3 or 4 of them in ONE BARN!

Less hatchets, more consumables/starter guns/crossbows.

• Like 1

I have never been killed by a sniper. Ever.

give it a week

The FN FAL and the PDW/Uzi are fine, considering they're so widely used by almost every dictator in the world and their cronies.

There is a distinct lack of Russian weaponary though, agreed. Every LMG is a Western one, whilst there are no Russian ones. The RPK and the PKM should definitely be added. Love dem gunz.

Anti-materiel rifles should remain, but the ammo should be much scarcer.

I do get your point in all this, but having more options does provide the chance for players to choose for them self. Some people doesn't always go for the biggest and the best, some chooses a gun that fits their personality.

Edited by (FiM) Steve

the fuck? theyre meant to shoot out engine blocks in vehicles, not to blow apart humans. if people use them against other people fucking deal with it. its not their purpose but their purpose still exists as long as vehicles are in the game.