omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Why the hell are there so many guns?

Allot of the guns have low spawn rates and are mostly flooding the game because of dupers and lack of an item sink, shotguns and Ak's would be way more common on players otherwise. as for the weapons themselves I imagine most are carry overs from arma which is a military sim so there weren't many civilian hunting rifles and pistols to work with.

fair enough, but there shouldn't be (as someone said earlier) anti-material guns.

fair enough, but there shouldn't be (as someone said earlier) anti-material guns.

I agree, the enemy is unarmored zombies, Anti-material rifles would be completely unnecessary for the military to use, and its not like they drive vehicles or anything.

It would be cool if there was even more weapons... At the moment there is a shitload of variations. I dont even know how fucking many M4 or M16 variations there are. I would be happy if they removed all these advanced military weapons with thermal scopes, silencers, foregrips and holo sights. They kind of take away the rough survival feeling of the game when you are equipped like a Special Forces soldier.

• Like 1

It would be cool if there was even more weapons... At the moment there is a shitload of variations. I dont even know how fucking many M4 or M16 variations there are. I would be happy if they removed all these advanced military weapons with thermal scopes, silencers, foregrips and holo sights. They kind of take away the rough survival feeling of the game when you are equipped like a Special Forces soldier.

more guns but with less attatchments would be good. but not too many guns, as stated before.

I've always been under the impression that DayZ takes place following the events in Arma 2, so everything that's in game, makes sense to me. Until someone ie: a Dev (or a quoted Dev) tells me otherwise, I'll continue to think that. If you have never played Arma 2 at all, just bought this for DayZ, that's awesome, but this is an Arma Mod and therefore military weapons will be in it. It's not some stand alone zombie game with baseball bats and meat cleavers. Besides, who doesn't want military weaponry, especially when there's no one around to tell you that you can't have it? You bought a military simulator first and foremost, with a free zombie apocalypse mod in alpha testing. I for one would be disappointed if it didn't retain some of the aspects of the former.

.50 cals are in the game because there are vehicles in the game, genius.

Yes, but you don't need a .50Cal to take out a Vehicle. All you really need is to take out the tires or drop enough shots into the engine block.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Weapons Five LMGs. Nine snipers.

Someone messed up the wiki. Half of those entries are duplicates. M249 and M249 SAW are the same, Mk48 and Mk48 Mod 0 are the same, AS50 listed twice, CZ550 twice, M14 AIM and M14 EP1 are the same... and those M14s are battle rifles, not sniper rifles.

The M14, FN FAL and Lee Enfield should have a separate category on there, as they are neither sniper nor assault rifles, but Battle Rifles.

Three LMGs, six sniper rifles.

I'm not a player killer....I have an AS50.

I use it to kill zombies and to cover any friendlies who go into town for supplies. Even then, I don't fire at the stranger. I let my friend know so they can tell the other person to freeze, and walk away. If that person refuses to comply, they get dropped.

• Like 1

Okay, before you start bashing your head against the keyboard out of spite for the outrageous title, read the whole post.

Why are there so many different guns in DayZ? Now, i'm not suggesting that all the guns should be limited to pistols and shotguns, but hear me out.

My best point to be made here is: Why are there FIVE types of LMGs!? And NINE sniper rifles?? What happened to the realistic zombie apocalypse simulator? Okay, yes. Overrun military camps DO have military weapons in them. Fair enough, that makes sense. But why is there armament of light machine guns to choose from? If anything, there should be one or two types, not five. Same for sniper rifles, I can understand the existence of the CZ550 and M24, but why do we need a fucking 50. caliber sniper rifle in this game? What's the point? Nobody uses it for zombies; the entire purpose of this gun is to promote playerkilling.

However, the shotguns and pistols seem to be right on par with realism, save for the PDW. I'm pretty sure the russian military doesn't have UZIs, considering it's an Israeli gun. The crossbow spawn should be far lower, but only if the arrows stack. Until then, leave the crossbow as is.

I DO think that there are far too many assault rifles in DayZ, also. But many of these are traditional guns found in zombie apocalypse scenarios, like an AK. Some guns that should be removed include: Bizon (yes, i know it's an SMG), FN FAL, L85 AWS, M16A2 M203. These weapons seem very unfitting for a zombie apocalypse, because it's guns like these that serve no purpose but to playerkill. Are you really going to use your L85 AWS on a zombie? No. What about the Bizon? Good for zombies, right? Being silenced, and all? Nope. The rarity of these guns and the ammo they require (save for L85 AWS using silenced STANAG) is so high that it seems they don't really serve a purpose in this game other than to kill someone with your cool gun.

TL;DR: The number/variety of guns is too many for realism's sake, and i don't want to hear the "It's super realistic/It's not realistic BS from anybody. The game is not realistic now. Now. It's changes like the ones i suggested that would make it more realistic. If i didn't say that a gun you pwn some n00bs with all the time should stay, then STFU. Nobody cares if you want the AS50. You never use that on zombies anyway. Nobody is going to use a 50. caliber sniper rifle on something they could one-shot with a makarov.

edit: I don't think M16s should go. No, M16s should stay. It's the underbarrel grenade launcher that shouldn't be here. As for Bizon, the only reason it should be removed is because of the fact that the weapon and ammo is only found at heli crash sites, so it's instantly the last gun you want to use for something so abundant, like zombies. You want to save it for something else.

edit2: I think there should be more police weapons, as well as more shotguns; plenty of people in the country own different shotguns.

Implying the world isn't full of guns? you would think that in a zombie apocalypse, where every one is dead but a few survivors, there would be thousands of guns lying around military camps, on the roads where military personnel where holding up and where civilians collected weapons and held up as well. This post is RETARDED.

Less guns and make them a lot rarer. So you run around with a melee weapon forever.

I would be happy then, it's too easy at the moment. No tension, and no fear. Sure doesn't feel like a zombie apocalypse to me.

Gun is impressive, but now Minsc leads. Swords for everyone!

• Like 1

so take out all the guns and just promote shooting zombies right? the only fun thing to do at end game is to shoot newbies with a 50 cal. shooting zombies is boring and just surviving is boring

Edited by BaitedHook

Iv read basically this whole thing.

Conclusion = There are no rules in real life. If you are in a post soviet war torn state with zombies and some guy has an AS50, you can't stamp your foot declaring it unfair. There should be no nerfs, no elimination of weapons. Because in reality, if you get shot in the chest with a sniper rifle, you die, pretty much instantly. In this game, DMR to the chest and you'll be fine. The .50 calls are how a sniper should be. If it exists in reality it should exist in the game.

I think the basis behind this thread is that people don't like getting killed with one shot when they didn't even see it coming, they want to have gun battles etc. Sorry, but in reality that just wouldn't happen.

Keep all current guns and add more.

Edited by dougie12345

Less guns and make them a lot rarer. So you run around with a melee weapon forever.

I would be happy then, it's too easy at the moment. No tension, and no fear. Sure doesn't feel like a zombie apocalypse to me.

Sure rocket do that and lose 95% of players haha

Edited by dougie12345

well. i dont think the number of gun types in game is wrong. because both the US army. the sorviet army. and the brithish army where in battle just before the apocalypse started. you know military's got many diffrent variants of guns.

the only problem is duplication and hacking. see the AS50 got 0,89% loot chance on crashed helicopters. that means you need 110 loots spots of crash sites (i think) there are 10 lots spots per heli. that means you need 11 crash sites to find one. and that means that you can find 1-3 AS50 per day per server.

but for some reason. every clan seem to have them

well. i dont think the number of gun types in game is wrong. because both the US army. the sorviet army. and the brithish army where in battle just before the apocalypse started. you know military's got many diffrent variants of guns.

the only problem is duplication and hacking. see the AS50 got 0,89% loot chance on crashed helicopters. that means you need 110 loots spots of crash sites (i think) there are 10 lots spots per heli. that means you need 11 crash sites to find one. and that means that you can find 1-3 AS50 per day per server.

but for some reason. every clan seem to have them

Dupeing, hacking and Hopping Servers no doubt.

Are you bloody fool? How the hell you can't find real weapons that exist realistic, lmao. And you ranting about army bases having more than 2 guns... YOU BLOODY FOOL! Go to army and come back. I didn't even read your full post before I got bored and could estimate what you were ranting more about towards the end.. Your points are more than INVALID. If there was zombie apocalypse, people would use ANY guns they could get their hands onto.

M203 launcher shouldn't go man, that's bullshit. I use it to illuminate large areas in the night with flares. Try shooting a flare directly in the sky above and it's like daylight. Also good for shooting smoke Gs accurately and at a great distance.

.50 cals are only excusable for anti vehicular use but they should go as should other weps like Mk48 mod 0 etc. Zombie apocalypse equals pistols, shotguns, SMGs, small caliber snipers and some rare assault rifles.

Speaking of the 203...I have a SS somewhere of a LOT of dead zombies that spawned at a chopper I was at. They just *poof* all in one spot. Ran away, fired, BOOM! Lot's of dead zombies. I think I counted 12.