AllTheWhine

population on the decline?

I've noticed since I started having the artifact problems like a lot of people that the servers are 1/2 full as they use to be.... anyone else think people just aren't playing as much?

I expect it would with the amount of hacking combined with artifacts

• Like 7

i think the graphic glitch is the problem.. since i cant go to a lot of places i'm not playing..

i love the game and i'm crazy for not play.. but i'll w8 until the 1.7.2.5 update

:D

Are you insane? That's no reason to quit playing. It's clearly boredom. I mean geez... not being able to see shit, then turning into a goat has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

/sarcasm

~Sol

Hackers and graphics glitches at some of the favorite hotspots has taken a lot of the fun out of the mod for a lot of people. I suspect people have stopped promoting the game via word of mouth as well due to one or both of those issues, I know I have. Can't honestly recommend it to anybody in its current shape.

I'm sure it'll pick back up once things are a bit better.

preach

It is clearly hacking. You can't join a decently populated server without running into them. I know I have about reached my limit.

Well hacking/artifacting combined with 5 minute load times on some servers make for a very shitty experience. Especially for new players.

Edited by Mr Radar

I'd play, but getting teleported into the air and falling to my death isn't attractive. Also I can't really get into any of the military spawns right now, due to the texture glitch, so that's also a major turnoff.

There are just more servers, I have been playing since late MAy and the amount of servers has grown as fast as the player count. Plus more servers seem to be using ping limits more, which cuts down on playing on servers outside one's own country to an extent. Look at how many played in the last 24 hours and you can see little decline in actual amount of players playing.

• Like 1

There are just more servers, I have been playing since late MAy and the amount of servers has grown as fast as the player count. Plus more servers seem to be using ping limits more, which cuts down on playing on servers outside one's own country to an extent. Look at how many played in the last 24 hours and you can see little decline in actual amount of players playing.

This

If you just wait for the new update, you may be waiting for a whole new set of glitches, in this stage of development, if you really like the game, you should play anyway to help test....unless you are bored.

• Like 1

There are just more servers

we have a winner

The hackers are frustrating. I wish you could only use one name, that way the average player could report these bastards better. If they did this and hooked your cd key to your forum account, then the hackers could be delt with better, at least after the fact.

I felt like this was the most exciting game since EQ in 1999 but the continuous problems have started to make me look deeper and not like what I see.

I felt like this was the most exciting game since EQ in 1999 but the continuous problems have started to make me look deeper and not like what I see.

Would you say you are a glass half empty sort of person then?

• Like 1

Would you say you are a glass half empty sort of person then?

He might be a glass half full type of person. Problem is a large group of people have shit in whats left in the glass.

• Like 3

I've noticed since I started having the artifact problems like a lot of people that the servers are 1/2 full as they use to be.... anyone else think people just aren't playing as much?

One word. Hackers.

People are tired of it and simply don't care anymore. They have better things to do. So until the arma engine is fixed and moderators become more strict . The decline is going to continue.

preach

Your probably a hacker. Keepin an eye on you ;) Or at the very least your one of the 14 y.o children who buy the hacks.

Yup, hackers. I don't play as much anymore either. When I do play, I'm usually cleaning up after a hack attack.

I have to have retardedly good luck or something because I have only seen one hacker in the time I've been playing...I'm not calling bs or anything but I feel like it is not nearly as bad as what people are claiming.