AllTheWhine

population on the decline?

I know my clan has stopped playing until the artifacts and hacking have been addressed, just not fun spending hours playing legit to get it all taken away in 1 sec by a hack. Never minded dying for legitimate reasons, but this last week really turned us off to the game. We'll start playing again once the environment gets a little more friendly to people who want to play it as a zombie survival game though I'm sure. Coupled with the fact that our group generally sticks things out when most people run off, I wouldn't be surprised if people were leaving tbh.

I am waiting until 7.2.5 before I start kicking this beast back on. Right now with the graphical glitches and other small problems I don't really want to be getting shot because barbwire wants to block my vision from 600+ meters away...

About time :)

I'm like shooting people all the time and they were getting more. This mod was like a f*cking Buddhist convention >:(

Edited by Ankhenaten

I used to be on everyday but once you have done everything eg, heli, bus, NVG's,gillie banditry, help noobs, fix stuff, raid camps etc.

There's not much else even if there were more people it just more of the same.

Im waiting for new content or new features the gameplay is great but once you master dodging zeds and battling and hunting people. Theres not much left in the game. It's quite lite in its current form of how you can expand your expiernce.

Once you master the paranoia aspect and the not being attached to gear thing. The raw craving of the first time you played dayz is kinda gone so once rocket implements some new aspects and though provoking and expandsive gameplay. I think I'll wait for stand alone were the game can really thrive.

Though I'll always comeback for the updates to see how the game is progressing.

Would love to hear other people who are at this points thoughts as well

• Like 1

I am fine with glitches and such since I am one of the few that KNOW this is in alpha stage. That being said, hackers and dis-connectors have caused me to stay away for awhile. I decided to make my private server with friends/family/coworkers and I know I am not the only one that knows how to do that, which makes me think others have decided that route as well. And I just got my beta key for WarZ which will cause more of an absence. It is sad because this was one of those few games I had to play everyday for hours on end. I will be happy to pay for the end result when it becomes stand alone, so see you then.

Script kiddies are may bane. I used to play maxed out high population servers then after running into them 2 to 3 times a night tried doing the medium population and now that's a no go...No today on 2 servers with less than 10 people each what do I find....It's nuts. Will it stop me from playing NO cause its a Alpha beta so I don't play like it as hard core as I'd like. More or less just screw around now...

P.S. I do my best to report hackers when I can. You don't always live love enough to find out who it is....

I think everyone here has hit on many of the reasons why the pop. is in decline. I have steered two friends away from the game because of the hacking. The graphical issues around the military areas doesn't help either. Also Noogsta is absolutely correct, there is not much to do after a while. The game needs base construction or something else to strive for. There is not alot to keep people playing long term. I am waiting on WarZ and hoping it lives up to the promises.

There are just more servers, I have been playing since late MAy and the amount of servers has grown as fast as the player count. Plus more servers seem to be using ping limits more, which cuts down on playing on servers outside one's own country to an extent. Look at how many played in the last 24 hours and you can see little decline in actual amount of players playing.

You'd be quite deluded to actually believe that. The overpowering amount of threads on this forum alone sort of sum up how displeased people are with this MOD in it's current state. Horrible graphic issues, hacking beyond belief, wonky functionality issues that will never be repaired. In short, this piece of shit turned into a real piece of shit.

• Like 1

i feel bad for you guys, cause i got 99 problems, but artifacts,hackers, and video problems sure as hell....Well, they aren't my problems.

i feel bad for you guys, cause i got 99 problems, but artifacts,hackers, and video problems sure as hell....Well, they aren't my problems.

You must not own the game then.

• Like 2

I've only run into one hacker, but i also don't go in very high populated servers. I fixed the artifact problems myself, but for other it is just temp fix..I got lucky :). My biggest problem is glitched zombies one hitting you and coming out from dog houses or noclip through walls. Frustrating because I usually die from that, not people, but it's tolerable.

Rocket - "I have fixed, and tested all the artifacting areas BUT I am going to be adding more content with it so everyone will have to suffer while I allow some people into closed testing then finally release the artifacting fix to the public."

So annoying. You don't wait to add a game breaking hotfix. You put it in ASAP.

Rocket - "I have fixed, and tested all the artifacting areas BUT I am going to be adding more content with it so everyone will have to suffer while I allow some people into closed testing then finally release the artifacting fix to the public."

So annoying. You don't wait to add a game breaking hotfix. You put it in ASAP.

This is code for "I have no clue what I'm doing and unfortunately, I probably never fixed the problem anyway but since I don't really keep any of my millions of "testers" in the loop, well fuck you guys lol"

Id say there are 4 major reasons for the decline:

1. Hacking

2. Once you get so far there are no new challenges in the game, experienced players leaving.

3. Graphical bug

4. More hacking.

There are just more servers being created. Not to mention the majority of the players are leaving hacked server and filling up ones that are legit.

Between the hackers, graphical glitches and extreme loot inflation the game is nigh unplayable at the moment.. this is coming from someone who is an eternal optimist about DayZ and runs a fan site.. They are way too slow on fixing game killing issues like this - Hacking being the main one.

Almost my entire 12 man clan has stopped playing DayZ at the moment due to hacking.

well if you guys a looking for a game without bugs then this mod isnt for you right now. Pretty much playing this game you are not a gamer you are a tester.

just to make that clear in its current state.

the bugs in the game currently will not go away until it is standalone, zombies wall clipping and everything else.

hackers/scripters is another whole other situation, where in arma 2 they are allowed, and since we are actually playing arma 2 they are kinda allowed.

there doing everything they can to stop it but here is were they stand "should we put our energy in hacker/scripter in a game that allows it (battle lost pretty much from the beginning)

or should we work out how we can do things and experiment on the things that when this game comes out standalone will set it apart from every game that is played these days?

im guessing you guys can work out the answer unless you really want me to say it.

So if you keep playing dayz understand that you are a free quality assurance tester of a game and that your job is to report bugs and realy messages to the dev team about your opinion towards

the features/playability/bugs(not known would help more) etc.

hence the reason im not playing at the moment there is not much to really report on the features in the current version have been in there for along time.

main difference with the latest realease was the no respawn button which is awesome in my opinion, since it bring back the searching scavenging process to wherever you spawn

and not the im not near cherno/electro spawn death inse repeat gameplay.

so as testers understand that some of these problems will not go away until standalone and if you happen to get done by it embraces the fact that now you can go survive and meet new people over direct

or whatever style of gameplay that tickles your fancy.

even though i play with friends i still talk to people in game when im a new spawn and see if they want to join our band of guys.

just makes it way less boring when your by yourself in this game.

but as i said earlier in the thread prolly wont be on this game much till some new things come out in it.

-Screen tearing/artifacts

Will get fixed soon and doesnt bother me so much. But many players are bothered.

-Hackers

Havent encountered a single one, but apparently many have.

-Boredom/No end-game content

Geared up? Good. Now sit in a forest and wait for your hunger to grow and eat a beef.

-Not enough challenge

My biggest gripe. Guns are so common and ammo even more common. The game should have like 20% of the ammo and weapons that it currently has.

-Duplicating

Even more guns, ammo and everything. Makes the game super easy.

Have stopped playing and waiting for further fixes. Or just DayZ for Arma3 in the best case.

Edited by Shaimou

As far as I can see the Dayz unique player number is rising as is the day to day user count. I think the OP is just another troll.

Yep! decline in the number of player

(i actually dont play a lot since 1.7.2.4, im waiting for new features and bug/hack fix)

i'm probably not the only one

• Like 1