Jackftw

Take out .50 cals

Holy shit, have some fun.Guns like 50cal are great.

Not everything has to be up to your "realism" standards.

If it's only about imagination then you would be okay with it if Rocket added miniguns, I guess.

And every fresh spawn had a rocket launcher. haha :P

F0TQu.jpg

• Like 2

WTF is this? More stupid ideas? Good. We didn't have nearly enough of those around here.

• Like 1

OP doesn't seem to realize he is playing in Rockets version of Zombie apocalypse.

Seeing how OP has a different version of the apocalypse he should create his own MOD. No one has first hand knowledge of what the hell would be laying around in a Zombie apocalypse because there is no such thing in real life. So for all we know it could be like Shaun of the Dead. Or maybe its like Resident evil with one Super-hero girl with super powers able to duplicate her self and a Evil Head of Umbrella named Wesker who is able to teleport and hard to kill throws missles.

Why, so nobody can kill you in one shot before you disconnect?

Hohohowhowh Right on the money my friend, this is why people don't want those guns.

• Like 1

OP doesn't seem to realize he is playing in Rockets version of Zombie apocalypse.

Seeing how OP has a different version of the apocalypse he should create his own MOD. No one has first hand knowledge of what the hell would be laying around in a Zombie apocalypse because there is no such thing in real life. So for all we know it could be like Shaun of the Dead. Or maybe its like Resident evil with one Super-hero girl with super powers able to duplicate her self and a Evil Head of Umbrella named Wesker who is able to teleport and hard to kill throws missles.

What I do know, is that military facilities would be stripped clean within a matter of hours. And in DayZ's case, I think its safe to assume you're spawning in weeks, maybe months after the outbreak.

And it's just rude to assume Rocket isn't interested in the communities feedback/suggestions.

Edited by Jackftw

Hohohowhowh Right on the money my friend, this is why people don't want those guns.

You must have missed my post where I said ''more guns should be 1 shot kills''.

Poor OP didn't realize that DayZ was a finished product and that everything was here to stay and that feedback was pointless.

• Like 3

What I do know, is that military facilities would be stripped clean within a matter of hours. And in DayZ's case, I think its safe to assume you're spawning in weeks, maybe months after the outbreak.

And it's just rude to assume Rocket isn't interested in the communities feedback/suggestions.

Wrong! No way they would be stripped within a matter of hours there is to much stuff in a military facility. Seeing as how most servers are only 50 people they couldn't even strip one company's worth of stuff from a military facility in a few hours unless they had a Ural. Even then they would have more than they need. 50 people don't strip a military facility in a few hours lmao.

Care to try again?

I am in the Army, 50 people would have more than what they needed just from my companies arms room seeing as how it is stocked for around 200 people.

This is why this kind of logic and post fails because the people posting it seem to have no idea how much stuff a military base has. Its easy just google the population of one Military base (probably going to be hard to find exact numbers but you should be able to get a estimate.) That is at least 1 gun per soldier not counting side arms, fixed gun emplacements, tanks, grenades, your 50.cals, your military vehicles etc. If anything DayZ has less than what it would REALLY be.

Edited by oZiix

Care to try again?

Yup.

While we don't know when the events of DayZ take place, we do know that Zombies don't eat cars for lunch.

Which is longer? For looters to empty entirely an army base of its weapons or for the weather to completely destroy 90 % of the vehicles in a whole region? (You also didn't take in account in your post that looters don't only take what they NEED.)

Edited by Nucleqrwinter

im not sure people realise just how abused the duping is....almost every tent i find has some evidence of duping...

A friend and I found a truck crashed at Stary Sobor on a quiet server with 23 ghillie suits, 4 M249 SAWs, 2 FN FALS, an M107, 3 or 4 L85s, bear traps, 2 AS50s, 25 NVGS, around 6-7 rangefinders, huge amounts of ammo for all. So yes, duping is ridiculously easy and rampant. We took what we could carry and blew that shit up.

I say remove the .50 cals. And this is coming from someone who is currently using an AS50 and L85. Remove them. They make the game ridiculously easy for the people who have them. 1 shot kills (at any range) take away from the game, especially when you factor in how long it takes for legitimate players to gear up. All that time and effort can be taken away in a second by some scrub bushwookie 900 meters away.

Edited by -NGR- Larkinto

If it's only about imagination then you would be okay with it if Rocket added miniguns then?

I don't give a fuck what he does. It's his mod, his idea. I'll still play regardless.

Wouldn't be as big of a problem if everybody didn't cheat and dupe every weapon they find, completely ruining the game by making every rare gun extremely common.

Also, the odds of you finding this stuff in a military area when there's no governments is nil, history shows the military steals everything and sells it, especially in the part of the world where this game is based.

Yup.

While we don't know when the events of DayZ take place, we do know that Zombies don't eat cars for lunch.

Which is longer? For looters to empty entirely an army base of its weapons or for the weather to completely destroy 90 % of the vehicles in a whole region? (You also didn't take in account in your post that looters don't only take what they NEED.)

You failed to take into account storage space and man power and size. Military Vehicles are designed to withstand weather far more than your garden variety Chevy Blazer.

There are 4 companies in my building for each of those companies the MTOE(Modified Table of Organization and Equipment) is around 200 soldiers. Which is 800 primary weapons, that doesn't count the side arms, grenades, fix gun emplacements. My company has about 3 50.cal fix gun emplacements. Even if looters take more than what they need and loot my entire building. There are 4 more building right next to it at least carrying the same thing probably more depending on that companies MTOE.

Again back to what the op is saying it doesnt matter if looters take more than they need they still need people to move it even still there will still be a ton of stuff still there. You don't loot a military base in a couple hours impossible unless you have a Army. The OP is trying to establish that it isn't realistic that there are so many 50.cals running around when in fact it is and probably less than what it would be really.

TL&DR

Realistic argument doesn't work with DayZ.

It is an interpretation of what Rocket believes a Zombie apocalypse would be. Realistic comes into play with the fact that you have some realistic gameplay aspects, but DayZ is not an attempt to be the most realistic game ever created.

Edited by oZiix

It's very hard finding rare items. Problem is, once you get used to the drop area and start hording then it becomes too easy.

In the end people just end up hoarding the best stuff and never run out of good weapons/equipment.

I don't give a fuck what he does. It's his mod, his idea. I'll still play regardless.

Thank god the community isn't full of people like you or we'd end up shooting lollipop launchers on pink dinosaurs.

Again back to what the op is saying it doesnt matter if looters take more than they need they still need people to move it even still there will still be a ton of stuff still there. You don't loot a military base in a couple hours impossible unless you have a Army.

Yeah actually what I meant is that it would take several years for the weather to destroy all the vehicles the way it did in DayZ and if the events of DayZ are indeed several years after the initial infection then the base would actually be empty.

• Like 2

It's very hard finding rare items. Problem is, once you get used to the drop area and start hording then it becomes too easy.

In the end people just end up hoarding the best stuff and never run out of good weapons/equipment.

Amen to that, we have 1 or more of almost everything at base camp.

well in a zombie apocalipse this would be the first thing i would do:

Wrong! No way they would be stripped within a matter of hours there is to much stuff in a military facility. Seeing as how most servers are only 50 people they couldn't even strip one company's worth of stuff from a military facility in a few hours unless they had a Ural. Even then they would have more than they need. 50 people don't strip a military facility in a few hours lmao.

Care to try again?

I am in the Army, 50 people would have more than what they needed just from my companies arms room seeing as how it is stocked for around 200 people.

This is why this kind of logic and post fails because the people posting it seem to have no idea how much stuff a military base has. Its easy just google the population of one Military base (probably going to be hard to find exact numbers but you should be able to get a estimate.) That is at least 1 gun per soldier not counting side arms, fixed gun emplacements, tanks, grenades, your 50.cals, your military vehicles etc. If anything DayZ has less than what it would REALLY be.

The 50 survivors are people leftover from the (like I said before) week's or months after the infection. You can bet your life that when the infection first broke out, there were more than 50 people.

Actually, no. I would like them removed because being sniped from 800 meters doesnt really qualify as fun in my book. Most of the times I have been killed have been by other players. About 75% of those times I have been sniped, one shotted and killed. The other times have been real fire-fights or engagements where I actually got to SEE the person who killed me.

Being sniped by random .50 cal ghillie gankers in DayZ is about as fun as being sniped by random AI's in ARMA - that is, not fun at all.

Keep sniper rifles but get rid of .50 cals. That would require snipers to actually have enough skill to hit a vital area in order to one shot, instead of just hitting you in the hand and killing you.

It's a fucking zombie apocalypse in the middle of some random shitty country/area. You're not going to be finding anti-material rifles just laying around.

You bloody retarded, Think abit about shit before you post it. There is many millitary bases around....gg