Jeff (DayZ)

Food and water being used offline

Kill it. Supplies should only be used during playtime and for about an hour of game time after logging off, to prevent people from logging when they're about to die, waiting for a friend to bring supplies, and then rejoining.

I think you might be over reacting, its not that bad...

if (r_player_blood > 0) then {

//Kill if ran out of food

if (_lastAte > SleepFood) then {

r_player_blood = r_player_blood - _lastAte;

diag_log ("HUNGER: " + str(_lastAte) + " points taken off blood - " + str(r_player_blood) + " remains");

};

if (_lastDrank > SleepWater) then {

r_player_blood = r_player_blood - _lastDrank;

diag_log ("THIRST: " + str(_lastDrank) + " points taken off blood - " + str(r_player_blood) + " remains");

};

//Ensure player has SOME blood when they login

if (r_player_blood < 1200) then {

r_player_blood = 1200;

};

} else {

r_player_dead = true;

If there is EVER a misquote, it is the above.

You missed the /* and */ above and below.

That means the entire section is commented out. I.e. it does not run.

@OP:

Agreed. Personally, I think it's a bug and they will fix it. I mean... it has to be a bug, right?

If there is EVER a misquote' date=' it is the above.

You missed the /* and */ above and below.

That means the entire section is commented out. I.e. it does not run.

[/quote']

So food and water being consumed offline doesn't work at the moment?

What of becoming hungry/thirsty? I'm not much in the way of knowing of coding, so anything that isn't blatantly obvious in that up there is lost on me.

You dont die if you log on with flashing red, but if you dont get food or water soon, you will die. And if the game has been consuming your food and water while offline, sounds like the only safe thing to do is keep your food and water inside your pack so that it cant be used. When you log in with flashing red, move from pack to inventory and use the items needed.

Did I get this right?

I just lost character I had played for 10 hours to this.

This kind of design choice makes the game possible for only unemployed people who never go on vacation or visit their relatives.

Water and food should not be consumed at all when player is logged out. Lot's of people are going to permanently quit this game if this is not fixed because Summer vacations are starting soon and you can't really expect people to be able to play the game while they are on trip or visiting relatives...

Characters should login in exactly the same state as when they logged out. Everything else is rather pointless.

The idea of slowly becoming dehydrated or starved while offline is a silly one. You practically feel punished for leaving the game because of the sudden stress of having to find water before you die.

Personally, I'd go further than recommending that water and food be consumed automatically - I say hunger and hydration should not change at all when you're offline

I really hope they remove this. A whole demographic of people with jobs and irregular schedules are being screwed over by this. I absolutely love this game, but it shouldn't feel like I'm nursing a Furby or Tamagotchi.

Some people simply can not play every day...

It wont anymore use drinks or food of your inventory while offline.

So just make sure, you have at least like 1-2 drinks and 1 food with you, before you log off.

It wont anymore use drinks or food of your inventory while offline.

So just make sure' date=' you have at least like 1-2 drinks and 1 food with you, before you log off.

[/quote']

So you can't die of hunger and thirst while offline? You'll simply be very hungry and thirsty when logging back on? Wether it has been 1 day or 7?

You should be rewarded when coming back after not playing for a while, never the opposite. look at wow and their resting system, that is what the game needs. I can only play games on weekends and it sucks that i should be puniced for it.

I quit until its fixed.

can you actually die if you dont log in to eat/drink?

No, apparently not. I thought this was the case which was my biggest gripe with it.

If you're offline for a while you'll be hungry and thirsty when you login. So you just have to make sure you have food and drink in your inventory when you log off. So you can drink and eat as soon as you log in again.

I'm perfectly fine with that.

Well, I don't really like this game mechanic, but as long as I don't die while I'm on vacation or something I can live with it.

Punishing the player for not being able to play enough is, unfortunately, straight up poor game design.

I just want to log off and not be forced to stay online long enough to make sure I have food and water for the next time I log on.

Got to be a better way. Food I find is reasonably scarce but fizzy pop is everywhere. It's like pepsi sponsored the apocalypse.

I love everything rocket has done with this mod except this. It just doesn't add anything positive to the experience. The state of my character should only change when I'm online.

I'm for removing it; hunger/thirst shouldn't go down while I'm offline.

But until then I'll just keep some food/drink in my pack, so I still have it when I log in.