Sign in to follow this  
Scutticus

Favourite Weapon in DayZ?

Take into account things like rarity, noise, effect on both zeds and survivors, ease of use, spawn location etc...

Personally, I prefer the Lee Enfield overall (see profile image xD) because even though it brings entire towns upon you, ammo is rarely in short supply and it just makes easy work of players/zombies alike.

What do you guys prefer?

I prefere my M16/M4 variants.

Poor for zombie killing, poor for player killings, but I like their iron sights, the entended magazines, ROF, even if the reduced damage allows people to disconnect before dying. Probably the 203 version if I had to chose.

Edited by Dallas

Close/Medium Range:

MK48; just pried out of someones cold, dead hands yesterday and I already love it. made short work of another player today, sadly he turned out to be my brother who failed to communicate his position while approaching someones car in the woods^^

A hatchet. Not my best weapon and it wouldn't be my weapon of choice, but it's fun just to get around hacking at zombies.

Come on guys, Lee Enfield! Loud, and proud xD

M14 far surpasses it's counterpart, the MK48. The MK48 may have a bigger magazine, but with rarer ammo, and poor accuracy, it is sub par compared to the M14. Although the situation really depends, but for the most part in this game you will be in long range encounters, rather than short range. They also have about the same fire rate if you can click somewhat fast.

You guys know that the lee enfield's damage and audible range has been lowered by 50%?

i picked up a M4 holo the other day. i cant let it go...The EOtech sight is good. Plus i gotz a Grenade launcher.

I haven't played them all, but the M14 is an awesome weapon.

Absolute honesty? Lee Enfield.

I recall hearing that it's called the "Dinner Bell", and that firing it is akin to ringing a dinner bell when zombies are around(I think I read that somewhere; I could be mistaken). That's perfectly fine by me. My zombie kills have skyrocketed thanks to that weapon. They think they're gonna get a mouthful of flesh. Instead, they get a bullet.

Edited by Nesstrodamus
  • Like 1

Absolute honesty? Lee Enfield.

I recall hearing that it's called the "Dinner Bell", and that firing it is akin to ringing a dinner bell when zombies are around(I think I read that somewhere; I could be mistaken). That's perfectly fine by me. My zombie kills have skyrocketed thanks to that weapon. They think they're gonna get a mouthful of flesh. Instead, they get a bullet.

You, sir, may have my beans xD

Hunting knife!! ;)

I live in the woods you see! <_<

No really any fucking weapon I can find is my favourite!!! :D

Edited by Itchy

AK-74 Kobra. I love the sound, the looks, and the overall feel.

I's such a shame they tuned down the damage for a moronic reason.