TheMachine

Every kill in DayZ is fair

Can you seriously not wrap your tiny mind around the fact that in this discussion hackers are completely out of the equation?? Yes of course they are an issue and a big one and NO ONE FUCKING said otherwise however when talking about the fairness in the actual game you can ignore them. Like holy shit use your fucking brain you think when people are balancing a game they are gonna say "well hurp drup gosh darns it wes has not balanced game cuz haxors can exist and its breaks it :o". I shall repeat the point for the fourth time for you numbskulls Hackers are a whole different issue here. Also use brain before post please...

I agree with you, sir.

OnT: I'm not quite sure why people keep bitching about "trusting a guy" then get killed by that player. It's a survival PvP shooter. Players kill other players to increase their chances of surviving for a longer time. YOU have to make your choice to trust, or not to trust other players. That's just how the game works.

So from this logic, if I'm fully gear'd at the starting area killing people, that's there fault? Alright...

If play another game an FPS and I'm spawn camping them, that's there fault for spawning? Sounds good, great game.

Most if not all those flies and bodies are from people respawning, now that there is no more respawn you will not see such things. As to the second part of what you said I shall not even respond to that because its too silly.

You are literally dumb as fuck.

Ok, ill point out all the retarded things about what you said. First of all sniping at the coast probably almost never happens. Imagine trying to do it lol. so u have to pick one of the many spawn locations and than you sit there and once every 2 hours someone spawns at your location the kill is meaningless since you get nothing out of it.Now imagine being the victim, so you spawn get sniped and erm... where the fuck is the big deal???? If it happened to me id literally not give the smallest fuck since you can either just spawn in a different location or change servers.

I guess it only happens to me and players I know then since you've plainly stated the fact its universally wrong in everyone else's experience then. Thanks for setting me straight with such a compellingly intelligent response. You can tell when people hit respawn several times because there names come up as dying multiple times, and it's no where near as common as you claim. Only a few players do it and generally they are trying to spawn near a buddy or they want to spawn in the city to get back to deathmatching. I don't do it because the load times makes it not worth it.

No one claimed they had a logical reason to do it, it happens because people like to grief people. And a two hour wait is ridiculous, position yourself west of cherno or east of elektro and you're guaranteed several people in a short time making their way from outer coast spawn into the city. It's why they are called high traffic areas.

Edited by lobo1845

Can you seriously not wrap your tiny mind around the fact that in this discussion hackers are completely out of the equation??
Can you seriously not wrap your tiny mind around the fact that your exception is more common than the rule? You've put a qualification on the statements in the OP that makes them inapplicable in the majority of circumstances. Therefor, the entire premise of this thread is in question. Much like the rule: “‘i’ before ‘e’ except after ‘c’.”, this rule is also invalid.

Then there's the fact that the OP doesn't mention any exceptions. It contains unqualified statements such as “There's no such thing as abuse.”

Somehow you're surprised that people disagree because of hacking. I suppose that's to be expected, given the trollish nature of your posts.

If hackers were rare, then maybe they could be excepted. As it stands, they're SO common that you can't make statements like the ones in the OP without bringing hacking into the discussion. You need to get used to it unless you want to continue being angry for the duration of the thread.

Once again: the person you quoted is not “pretty retarded”. He's absolutely correct in pointing out the giant gaping hole in the premise of this thread.

• Like 1

People like you always talk about killing people on the coast I dont get it ive spawned loads of times never got killed on the coast never heard of anyone getting killed on the coast. Is that really such an issue? Getting off the coast and arming yourself is easy and quick to do and from that point onwards its a fair fight anyone even a hatchet guy can be dangerous in a city.

9 times out of 10 I will spawn in fucking Kemenka. There is nothing fast or quick about arming yourself when you basically have to make the long trek to the airfield and hope you stumble upon something (you won't)_ then make another long hike to cherno. The mod should be renamed to the "Hiking simulator: highway robbery edition"

9 times out of 10 I will spawn in fucking Kemenka. There is nothing fast or quick about arming yourself when you basically have to make the long trek to the airfield and hope you stumble upon something (you won't)_ then make another long hike to cherno. The mod should be renamed to the "Hiking simulator: highway robbery edition"

Humm, I started in kamenka and on my way to the Northwest airfield, I got: Crowbar->Makarov->Hatchet->Doublebarrel->Enfield->M1911->AKM->FN FAL then I reached the airfield and it was M16A2->FN FAL NV->M4A3 CCO before ending with G17, I suspect you are doing it wrong.

Oh and a AS50 from the days 3'rd chopper crash.

Now I kitted with: G17 + M4A3 CCO and AS50 in backpack with a FN FAL Nightvision hidden in a tent, about to go into day 1.

Edited by Tweakie

Can you seriously not wrap your tiny mind around the fact that your exception is more common than the rule? You've put a qualification on the statements in the OP that makes them inapplicable in the majority of circumstances. Therefor, the entire premise of this thread is in question. Much like the rule: “‘i’ before ‘e’ except after ‘c’.”, this rule is also invalid.

Then there's the fact that the OP doesn't mention any exceptions. It contains unqualified statements such as “There's no such thing as abuse.”

Somehow you're surprised that people disagree because of hacking. I suppose that's to be expected, given the trollish nature of your posts.

If hackers were rare, then maybe they could be excepted. As it stands, they're SO common that you can't make statements like the ones in the OP without bringing hacking into the discussion. You need to get used to it unless you want to continue being angry for the duration of the thread.

Once again: the person you quoted is not “pretty retarded”. He's absolutely correct in pointing out the giant gaping hole in the premise of this thread.

I repeated my argument about hackers and this thread 5 times and you seen to be immune to logic ;( I seriously dont know what to tell you accept read throught the thread again and use the brain ;(

So from this logic, if I'm fully gear'd at the starting area killing people, that's there fault? Alright...

If play another game an FPS and I'm spawn camping them, that's there fault for spawning? Sounds good, great game.

yet another penis monkey that cant read the thread before posting a dumbass comment ;(

Edited by AS50_is_the_new_makarov

Humm, I started in kamenka and on my way to the Northwest airfield, I got: Crowbar->Makarov->Hatchet->Doublebarrel->Enfield->M1911->AKM->FN FAL then I reached the airfield and it was M16A2->FN FAL NV->M4A3 CCO before ending with G17, I suspect you are doing it wrong.

Oh and a AS50 from the days 3'rd chopper crash.

Now I kitted with: G17 + M4A3 CCO and AS50 in backpack with a FN FAL Nightvision hidden in a tent, about to go into day 1.

I probably am doing it wrong by searching the same buildings multiple times on multiple characters while you cite one extraordinary example. Gonna go ahead and ask you to make a like a tree and fuck off.

lol so you must be the guy who killed me when i respawned on the beach and alt-tabbed to bring up the map on google of cherno....ya that sounds about fair. my fault for dying a fresh spawn with nothing on me but my bandages and a flashlight..and i was afk for about 2 mins to look up a map just to come back to someone standing over my body :/

i guess just wondering the beach side waiting for respawns is fair game right?

to me alt tabbing to look at a map is pretty much cheating. but thats me. and dying at game start you lose nothing.

if you are bitching about that i wonder what will you say when you learn to play and die all geared up to someone you havent noticed and you have to run 40min just to get to where your body was just to realize its not even there anymore.

Edited by white

I repeated my argument about hackers and this thread 5 times and you seen to be immune to logic ;( I seriously dont know what to tell you accept read throught the thread again and use the brain ;(

Looks like you didn't actually read my post. To be honest I'm not particularly surprised.

As for your “argument”: you can repeat it another hundred times if you like. It still won't be valid.

Edited by Falcrist
  • Like 1

Looks like you didn't actually read my post. To be honest I'm not particularly surprised.

As for your “argument”: you can repeat it another hundred times if you like. It still won't be valid.

people as ignorant as you should literally be banned from society and flushed down a toilet.

people as ignorant as you should literally be banned from society and flushed down a toilet.

So basically what you're saying is “You're correct. I'm a troll, and have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.”

Noted.

It's a pity that you're incapable of actually responding to my points. It could have been an interesting conversation.

Edited by Falcrist
  • Like 2

Who cares why they kill?

It's always fair.

You have the same chance to kill them.

Yeah right, because all those people armed with bandages and flashlights getting sniped from the seaside hills had the same chance to kill the sniper.....come off it...

People like you always talk about killing people on the coast I dont get it ive spawned loads of times never got killed on the coast never heard of anyone getting killed on the coast. Is that really such an issue? Getting off the coast and arming yourself is easy and quick to do and from that point onwards its a fair fight anyone even a hatchet guy can be dangerous in a city.

It happens all the time if you play on a server with more than 30-40 people....the ocean is literally red....just griefer, losers behind the scope trying to grow out their e-peens....

So basically what you're saying is “You're correct. I'm a troll, and have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.”

Noted.

It's a pity that you're incapable of actually responding to my points. It could have been an interesting conversation.

again

Can you seriously not wrap your tiny mind around the fact that in this discussion hackers are completely out of the equation?? Yes of course they are an issue and a big one and NO ONE FUCKING said otherwise however when talking about the fairness in the actual game you can ignore them. Like holy shit use your fucking brain you think when people are balancing a game they are gonna say "well hurp drup gosh darns it wes has not balanced game cuz haxors can exist and its breaks it :o", NO! they will treat the two SEPARATE they will balance the game for those playing without hacks and than SEPARATELY adress the issue of hackers by trying to simply reduce the amount of them at no point in time will they say: "hmm but wow :o what if we have a hacker in this situation". I shall repeat the point for the fourth time for you numbskulls Hackers are a whole different issue here. Also use brain before post please...

You make a bunch of points about things im not talking about than after I explain to you how hackers are not a part of balancing a game you just say hurhruhruhrurhruh but they are so importants cuz i dieds to haxorsersersrs once... and you are telling me that im ignoring your arguments?? you have zero arguments you are just saying well haxors are so importants cuz they ares lolz. WTF dude you are either a master troll or a fucking idiot no other option...

You make a bunch of points about things im not talking about than after I explain to you how hackers are not a part of balancing a game you just say hurhruhruhrurhruh but they are so importants cuz i dieds to haxorsersersrs once... and you are telling me that im ignoring your arguments?? you have zero arguments you are just saying well haxors are so importants cuz they ares lolz. WTF dude you are either a master troll or a fucking idiot no other option...

I'm not saying you're ignoring my arguments. I'm saying you still haven't actually read my post at all. If you have, your comprehension of it is so bad that I would actually have pity on you.

Anyway, I have to go now. Have fun trolling. :)

• Like 1

Dumbest post ever.... You are literally dumb as fuck... Holy shit you are pretty retarded... you are unbelievably stupid... wrap your tiny mind around... holy shit use your fucking brain... you numbskulls... use brain before post... yet another penis monkey that cant read... people as ignorant as you should literally be banned from society and flushed down a toilet... you just say hurhruhruhrurhruh... you are either a master troll or a fucking idiot no other option...

Listen guy.

Treating people with opinions differing from yours in such a way does not make you look any wiser, make you appear any more masculine or whatever you are trying to achieve by hurling insults. It does not reinforce your position in any way.

It makes you irrelevant to the discussion.

• Like 2

I usually hang out near the coast and shoot the newbies. Some of the the time, they scream I'm a fucking asshole through the voice communications channel. I agree. I am glad you don't agree with me!

Edited by Vitdom

Listen guy.

Treating people with opinions differing from yours in such a way does not make you look any wiser, make you appear any more masculine or whatever you are trying to achieve by hurling insults. It does not reinforce your position in any way.

It makes you irrelevant to the discussion.

Wow please explain wise man how it makes me irrelevant? *facepalm*

Its quite funny to be honest because you saying that it makes me irrelevant is as idiotic as if I said that it reinforces my position too bad for you i never said that, you on the other hand came up with some bullshit, congratulations to you sir.

Wow please explain wise man how it makes me irrelevant? *facepalm*

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy, more precisely an informal fallacy and an irrelevance.

• Like 1

In my first 5 gameplay hours of DayZ I became a bandit

From the beginning I knew that I would die when I let my guard down

The bandit skin didn't help making the paranoia go away either

After the bandit skin removal I kept playing this way

Never had a problem will "Kill on Sight"

If you screw up someone will take advantage of it and kill you, deal with it

But one thing:

There's no such thing as abuse.
Hackers have nothing to do with this, obviously that's game abuse.

Uhm....yeah

Ghosting to flanking position is abuse too btw

Edited by Hawk24

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy, more precisely an informal fallacy and an irrelevance.

O...K... you just proved me right by saying that you used a logical fallacy. Not sure if you know that you probably do but who knows with the amount of idiots around...

Actualy, not sure sorry if im wrong but you might be trying to say that me using insults is argumentum ad hominem therefore you actually think my whole argument is a flawed and meaningless? If you are indeed trying to say that than you are wrong because while indeed the insults themselves are meaningless the actual argument stands strong.The thing is that you saying my whole argument is wrong because I used bad language, NOW that is a prime example of argumentum ad hominem hence I facepalmed and hence you saying that im wrong because I use bad language is a logical fallacy.

Why does everyone want so much hand holding in DayZ?

Wah wah, give me safe zones, wah wah, let us have agreements where we can't shoot each other, wah wah wah, the tears pour.

There's no such thing as camping.

There's no such thing as griefing.

There's no such thing as right or wrong.

There's no such thing as abuse.

It's always fair if you were killed, it's your fault.

You have the same chance as everyone else.

People just want easy mode, they want it safe.

Hell if they had their way there'd be a button that said 'PVP MODE' and they'd flick it on and off when they felt like it.

SO even the kills due to hackers are fair?