TheMachine

Every kill in DayZ is fair

You're an idiot in this thread too? Shocking.

I was just simply stating that not all kills are fair, cause how can one not die due to a hacker executing a script that kills everyone in the server? Now in terms of PVP based deaths, its fine and understandable. Also there is no need to call me an idiot.

Edited by Orthus

I was just simply stating that not all kills are fair, cause how can one not die due to a hacker executing a script that kills everyone in the server? Now in terms of PVP based deaths, its fine and understandable. Also there is no need to call me an idiot.

Does the truth hurt?

It's pretty obvious cheating and hacking does not factor into this. Those are entirely different issues. You can't moan about the game design in relation to someone who is breaking the game design via hacking. Moan about hackers seperatly, this is not the thread for it -- This is a thread about PvP in dayz in which every legitimate non exploiting / hacking kill is "fair".

@ people moaning about "killing on the coast" -- A good 90% of the high end equipment I've ever looted in this game has been from players. Usually 15 minutes~ after I spawn on the coast. So what are you all doing wrong? I'm pretty average.

Edited by itputsthelotion

Does the truth hurt?

It's pretty obvious cheating and hacking does not factor into this. Those are entirely different issues. You can't moan about the game design in relation to someone who is breaking the game design via hacking. Moan about hackers seperatly, this is not the thread for it -- This is a thread about PvP in dayz in which every legitimate non exploiting / hacking kill is "fair".

However the Title refers to every kill not just PVP related kills :P.

Guys, let's not get it personal okay? Restrain from offences.

It's pretty obvious cheating and hacking does not factor into this.
It's pretty obvious that you can't have a discussion about the fairness of death without discussing hacking and cheating.

Since most of the deaths in this game are related to exploits or hacks, when you put that condition on the statement in the title, it becomes:

“Every kill in DayZ is fair, except most of them.”

It's not difficult to see the flaw in this rule. Even if you still want to argue in favor of such a flawed premise as the OP, I'm going to tell you right now that you can't have this conversation without also discussing hackers.

Can you seriously not wrap your tiny mind around the fact that in this discussion hackers are completely out of the equation?? Yes of course they are an issue and a big one and NO ONE FUCKING said otherwise however when talking about the fairness in the actual game you can ignore them. Like holy shit use your fucking brain you think when people are balancing a game they are gonna say "well hurp drup gosh darns it wes has not balanced game cuz haxors can exist and its breaks it :o", NO! they will treat the two SEPARATE they will balance the game for those playing without hacks and than SEPARATELY adress the issue of hackers by trying to simply reduce the amount of them at no point in time will they say: "hmm but wow :o what if we have a hacker in this situation". I shall repeat the point for the fourth time for you numbskulls Hackers are a whole different issue here. Also use brain before post please...

I'm sorry, did I not say DUPERS AND HACKERS? Read before you try and flame please.

Ok, for the absolute idiots who want to argue semantics, I'll write an addendum to my original post.

Every kill in DayZ that is NOT a result of hacking/cheating is FAIR.

Every PvP kill is fair, we all have the same chances, and if you don't take them (or make them) it's because you aren't a good player - simple as.

And trust me, no one is sitting 'sniping noobs on the coast', perhaps in cherno or elektro, but no one shambles around the coast looking for painkillers from new spawns.

I've been killed as a new spawn lots, and it was fair.

No matter how I'm killed (and I die a lot), it's fair.

Same for you and every other player.

Some people can't accept this, and wait artificial safezones and PvP blocks to cushion their ineptness.

They want a team vs. zombie co-op without the danger and excitement of DayZ.

To these people I say, chernarus apocalypse or warz.

These games seem more up your ally.

Each time I see someone asking for DayZ to be easier and safer, I know that person is weak, probably both mentally and physically.

9 times out of 10 I will spawn in fucking Kemenka. There is nothing fast or quick about arming yourself when you basically have to make the long trek to the airfield and hope you stumble upon something (you won't)_ then make another long hike to cherno. The mod should be renamed to the "Hiking simulator: highway robbery edition"

Then don't die next time. This is why the game is awesome. High risk for high reward.

I guess You right man folk want it to easy PvP button lol WoW days

Id like to team up with folk but just get shot atm :(

But every kill fair depend where you roll man folk who kill new spawns for the hell of it are just Dicks

Me up always up north hit run hide Highland way lol

But have some beans

• Like 1

Ok, for the absolute idiots who want to argue semantics, I'll write an addendum to my original post.
So now the thread title should be:

“Every kill in DayZ is fair except most of them.“

This isn't some tiny semantic distinction you're making. The majority of kills are due to cheating and/or hacking.

So now the thread title should be:

“Every kill in DayZ is fair except most of them.“

This isn't some tiny semantic distinction you're making. The majority of kills are due to cheating and/or hacking.

You literally lack any understanding or intelligence.

I don't get bummed out now when i get killed because I know the guy who got my stuff is going to cry when he gets shot in the face eating some beans...

You literally lack any understanding or intelligence.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy, more precisely an informal fallacy and an irrelevance.

• Like 1

cause theyre tired of losing their winchesters and never finding a vehicle

duh

average life expentency: 49 minutes

if this doesnt tell you majority of people suck at this game i dunno what else will lol

Lol, this

Hackers have nothing to do with this, obviously that's game abuse.

Who cares why they kill?

It's always fair.

You have the same chance to kill them.

No its not, fresh spawns have absolutely fuck all to defend themselves with............so how is that always fair?????

..........Thought so?????

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy, more precisely an informal fallacy and an irrelevance.

You know, he failed to grasp that concept last time. What makes you think this time will be different?

To be fair, I chuckled a little. ;)

Edited by Falcrist

Killing with the help of hacks isn't fair.

Dying because you broke your leg on a doorway isn't fair (but neither is it the fault of the killer).

Personally I love unfair when hacks and bugs are aside. It's unpredictable, ever-changing, exciting, raises stakes and gives developers more flexibility over the things that are actually interesting.

In a game like this, saying "it's not fair, he has more range than me" is like a 5 year old saying "it's not fair I was reloading". Take better care of yourselves!

Hackers have nothing to do with this, obviously that's game abuse.

Who cares why they kill?

It's always fair.

You have the same chance to kill them.

Every non-hacker kill is fair, yes.

Except in the last two weeks I've been killed by 4 hackers, and zero non-hackers. Of course I know how to protect my shit, and I never once actually lost everything for more than a couple hours.

Agree with OP, though it should read "every non-hack kill is fair". You create your character in this game you accept that there are no rules in Chernarus. As soon as safe zones, or any sort of hand-holding is introduced it will just be the start of the end of DayZ as we know it.

You know, he failed to grasp that concept last time. What makes you think this time will be different?

To be fair, I chuckled a little. ;)

Are you serious? I apparently understand that much better than any of you since max silly guy is again using it incorrectly and you seem to agree with him showing you dont understand it either. argumentum ad hominem is if I said something like you smell like a pig therefore you dont know what you are talking about. Me simple stating something like "you lack intelligence" is not argumentum ad hominem. before I wasnt sure if max Planck was miss using it or not but it apears he was indeed miss using the term. I guess every internet forum has to have its Pseudo-intellectuals you sir and max Planck fail big time... :thumbsup:

Edited by AS50_is_the_new_makarov

Actually, no.

If you disconnect, go to another server, move to a spot that has an advantage, and come back to kill the guy, that is not fair, that is in fact abusing the system.

And using scripts to commit server-wide genocide, is not fair, its cheating.

Why does everyone want so much hand holding in DayZ?

Wah wah, give me safe zones, wah wah, let us have agreements where we can't shoot each other, wah wah wah, the tears pour.

There's no such thing as camping.

There's no such thing as griefing.

There's no such thing as right or wrong.

There's no such thing as abuse.

It's always fair if you were killed, it's your fault.

You have the same chance as everyone else.

People just want easy mode, they want it safe.

Hell if they had their way there'd be a button that said 'PVP MODE' and they'd flick it on and off when they felt like it.

Every kill is not fair, and no there is such thing as abuse, and grief. People will jump you, and dc when you actually start to kill them. Also hacking is abuse, and griefing. so there for making your post completely retarded, which I guessing you are. Btw sucking rockets dick isnt going to get you anything.