Sign in to follow this  
andrestander (DayZ)

My 1.7.2.5 patch notes

Your patch would have the playstyle of 'find gun, kill players, looting is now a complete waste of time if i can't find food/water reliably let them do it for me then kill them'

oh I know wouldn't it be such a drag if they did this? /endsarcasm

OK no to be honest, you don't want to game to be what it already is? lawl, funny joke good sire.. gave me a laugh

• Like 1

oh I know wouldn't it be such a drag if they did this? /endsarcasm

OK no to be honest, you don't want to game to be what it already is? lawl, funny joke good sire.. gave me a laugh

I was meaning it would make it worse than it already is, banditry will always be rampant, always. Making it actually the best way to play only hastens the slow change into every single person turning to it.

Your patch would have the playstyle of 'find gun, kill players, looting is now a complete waste of time if i can't find food/water reliably let them do it for me then kill them'

I have to second...how is this different than the game now? In fact I'd like it more if people had more reason to loot me after they kill me. The OP's idea for military grade scarcity makes ammo much more valuable. I'd go further to totally remove ammo crates from chopper crashes. You'll see a lot less sniper griefers when they only have 3 clips. (Providing hacks and duping are toned down if not eradicated)

dude this was so funny....it just cracked me up good job...ohhh wait...whats that face....ohhh so u are serious ? ok im sorry.... :(

The problem is that most of the things that will make survivor playability more profitable are the harder things to add in: underground bases, town reclaimation, etc. are furthur down the line.

I've been playing for almost 2 months now and I have 4 murders total. I shoot at threats, and I run away or hide like a kitten even when I'm armed to the teeth. Still Alive, Still Playing.

My 1.7.2.5 Patch notes

* [NEW] Beans, sardines and pasta cans now come in supermarket basic brands for the poor

* [NEW] Soda cans can now fizz and splash all over the consumer

* [NEW] Bloodbags have a chance to spawn with AIDS

* [NEW] Millitary grade sniper rifles except SVD Have a chance to spawn in pink. includes M107, AS50, DMR and M24

* [NEW[ Military weapons such as M4 and FN FAL have a chance to fire a bang sign out the barrel.

* [NEW] Players spawn with a random bloodtype, some with AIDS, others with Herpies.

* [NEW] A syringe equipment now spawns in Hospitals, it allows you to bang up heroin. You can not bang up a dead body for shits and giggles

* [NEW] You can kill other players by draining their blood and stealing it for yourself, also, you can wear goth clothes and run around pretending to be a vampire

* [NEW] De-coloristation only happens if you're below 5000 blood now, some characters spawn colour blind for added realism

* [NEW] Alice in wonderland lunch box now available

* [NEW] Players now spawn with a Czech vest pouch with a hole in it.

* [NEW] Sowing kit now added to fix the hole in the Czech vest pouch. Rare find.

* [NEW] Coyote Patrol Packs now spawn with a real Coyote inside

* [FIXED] Zombies physics defying zig-zaggy motion. They now do the correct moonwalk from the thriller video as previously intended.

* [FIXED] Zombies no longer have super human speed but they can fly.

Sad thing is that this is better than OP

I have to second...how is this different than the game now? In fact I'd like it more if people had more reason to loot me after they kill me. The OP's idea for military grade scarcity makes ammo much more valuable. I'd go further to totally remove ammo crates from chopper crashes. You'll see a lot less sniper griefers when they only have 3 clips. (Providing hacks and duping are toned down if not eradicated)

Everyone cries for the banditry to be toned down, give reason for people to play friendlier, if supplies are more scarce, then coastal killing will become common place.

I can agree that having my loot be taken rather than just killed for fun would be preferable, but i'd still disagree with this suggested change in regards to loot as it make banditry the best way to play, in my opinion. Risking zombies and bandits to loot a supermarket is a lot more effort for less reward than just killing players from a safe spot.

Just my opinion though. I can appreciate the OP's intentions but i disagree on some points, not all but some. Ammo scarcity is something i'd like, it would encourage more restraint on shooting than we have now.

Okay, my first response wasn't 'nice' so yeah, let's try proper critism.

* [NEW] Beans, sardines and pasta cans spawn chance decreased

* [NEW] Soda cans spawn chance decreased.

A Slight decrease wouldn't hurt, but I think a change more in the way of locations it spawns would be better, no more Soda and canned foods in military areas, ruines and industrial areas

* [NEW] Bloodbags spawn chance decreased.

Agreed mostly, you can find them by the dozen at any hospital, but I doubt a change would mean anything unless it's a significant decrease in ammount,

* [NEW] Millitary grade sniper rifles except SVD spawn chance slightly decreased, includes M107, AS50, DMR and M24

* [NEW[ Military weapons such as M4 and FN FAL spawn chance decreased.

The Anti-matiriel rifles and the DMR should be more rare, considering the M24 is generally considered worse then the DMR and is less common it should change.

While some of the military grade weapons should be more rare the base line bare bones should stay common, the ones with advanced optics and grenade launchers on the other hand.

* [NEW] Players spawn with a random bloodtype

* [NEW] A syringe equipment now spawns in Hospitals, it allows the transfusion of blood from yourself to other players or the opposite. You can not transfuse blood to yourself off a dead body.

* [NEW] You can kill other players by draining their blood and stealing it for yourself.

Al tough an interesting idea I don't think this would be feasible within the game at the point, not to mention, how would you know what blood type you are? or the person next to you?

* [NEW] De-coloristation only happens if you're below 5000 blood now.

I'm all for anything that stops you from going greyscale at 9000 blood.

* [NEW] Alice pack back spawn chance decreased.

* [NEW] Players now spawn with a Czech vest pouch

* [NEW] Coyote Patrol Packs now spawn and could be found as a loot. Assault back pack spawn chance increased.

This would increase the ammount of people with Chech backpacks at most, I doubt this will change the game significantly either positive or negatively.

* [NEW] ACE mod feutures and ST_Movement and ST_Collision added to Dayz

All for the ST mods to be added, but ACE altough intresting is not really meant for the DayZ survivor gameplay, not to mention it would drive a lot of people off, call them CoD kiddies for all I care but the extreme realism of ACE is for a verry niche audiance and even most of those people that I know only dip into in it now and then.

* [FIXED] Zombies physics defying zig-zaggy motion

* [FIXED] Zombies no longer have super human speed

Both of these changes would make zombies less of a threat which could only be compensated by increasing zombie counts.

Increasing zombie counts is not possible due to engine limitations.

It's been suggested before but it's just not viable.

* [NEW] Sidearm damage against human players now back to its original stats.

* [NEW] Sidearm damage against zombies is the same. Now you have to either aim for the head or the legs of the zombie (Would be easier since their zig-zaggy motion and their superhuman speed is fixed).

* [NEW] Primary weapons such as the AK-74 damage increased against zombies. (Now you actually might think of using your primary weapon against zombies)

Rocket stated he doesn't want to change the weapon damages personally and keep the default ArmA2 stats.

* [NEW] Increased Matchbox spawn chance

Already common, what's the point?

* [NEW] If you re-fill canteen from a lake, water must be boiled before drinking. You'll need an empty tin can, the canteen and a fire. The action automatically boils all the water in your canteen and re-fill them making them good for drinking again.

Would be to complex for most people to bother most likely, not to mention can this feasibly be programmed into the mod?

* [NEW] Enfield spawn chance slightly decreased.

Doesn't seem like a great idea, considering most people run around with military grade sniper rifles (and even with spawn rate changes will still do) this weapon gives even fresh spawns a fighting chance against bandits and murderess.

Besides, it's been nerfed.

* [NEW] Animals spawn chance decreased

Well, they spawn very often now, but I doubt anything but a significant change would be anythign but meaningless.

Besides, as long as the meat duplication bug still exists it's very easy to get 20+ meat from a single cow.

* [NEW] Cooked meat refils 400 blood only instead of 800. Canned food refils 100 blood isntead of 200.

Combined with the spawn rate decreases this would be a bad idea, you already need dozens of food cans and a bag full of meat to recover your health, with a decreased spawn rate this would nerf blood recovery way to much.

* [NEW] Vehicles and bicycles are now generally more common. (More spawn locations for them. Would be needed since ACE mod removes the unlimited stamina bullshit. No more olympics marathon running, find a vehicle)

Vehicles would still be hoarded and if everyone had a vehicle we would need a way bigger map.

I would like to see more bicycles tough, and have them (re)spawn more often.

* [NEW] A huge variety of civilian skins now spawn and have a high spawn chance. Allows easier recognition of friendlies and diversity in player looks.

I'd like to see both more civilian and more military clothing, more variation is always good.

However this shouldn't stand in the way of normal loot, we don't want to find a fifth police uniform while we are starving because we have no beans.

Current Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Soda cans spawn chance decreased. (REDACTED)

* [NEW] Millitary grade sniper rifles except SVD spawn chance slightly decreased, includes M107, AS50, DMR and M24

* [NEW] A syringe equipment now spawns in Hospitals, it allows the transfusion of blood from yourself to other players or the opposite. You can not transfuse blood to yourself off a dead body.

* [NEW] You can kill other players by draining their blood and stealing it for yourself.

* [NEW] Coyote Patrol Packs now spawn and could be found as a loot. Assault back pack spawn chance increased.

* [FIXED] Zombies no longer have super human speed (REDACTED)

* [NEW] Sidearm damage against zombies is the same. Now you have to either aim for the head or the legs of the zombie (Would be easier since their zig-zaggy motion and their superhuman speed is fixed).

* [NEW] Primary weapons such as the AK-74 damage increased against zombies. (Now you actually might think of using your primary weapon against zombies)

* [NEW] If you re-fill canteen from a lake, water must be boiled before drinking. You'll need an empty tin can, the canteen and a fire. The action automatically boils all the water in your canteen and re-fill them making them good for drinking again.

* [NEW] Cooked meat refils 400 blood only instead of 800. Canned food refils 100 blood isntead of 200. (REDACTED)

* [NEW] Vehicles and bicycles are now generally more common. (More spawn locations for them. Would be needed since ACE mod removes the unlimited stamina bullshit. No more olympics marathon running, find a vehicle)

* [NEW] A huge variety of civilian skins now spawn and have a high spawn chance. Allows easier recognition of friendlies and diversity in player looks.

Ok to all you "Nay Sayers" players, please feel free to explain why you dislike the post. Elaborate a little on your disapproval so we can get a better understanding of the community's state of mind. This is ALPHA for a reason, were all here to test and try and make the game better.

Now my opinion:

A few things I think need to be removed from the "patch," and why!

* [NEW] Cooked meat refils 400 blood only instead of 800. Canned food refils 100 blood isntead of 200. (REDACTED)

The current healing from food system is fine, it enables players to be able to play alone if they don't have friends who play the game.

* [FIXED] Zombies no longer have super human speed (REDACTED)

Keep this, the Zombies need to be able to run faster or the players will just be able to avoid them all together, therefore making Zombies a laughable joke.

* [NEW] Soda cans spawn chance decreased. (REDACTED)

Keep soda cans the way they are, They aren't harming the system as of currently the way food is. Food is too easy to find as is, and unless you can milk cows now I think the drinks are plenty rare enough.

* [NEW] Animals spawn chance decreased. (REDACTED)

Keep the animals spawn chance the way it is, it allows players to be able to avoid towns for food for a while which is ok. Players need a second food source that is easy enough to get your hands on without having to worry about starving to death every five minutes.

Now my opinion on the rest:

1. Military weapons are a joke, I cant walk around without kicking over a rock and finding a M16. There is no rarity for any of those items, they need to be harder to find because every guy and his brother having an M4, an AK, and an m107, is the reason this game is easily turning into nothing but deathmatching. Death is supposed to have a consequence, if someone knows what the punishment is for death is currently please fill me in. With the way guns are currently spawning (military grade weaponry that is) getting shot for what ever reason isn't punishable, you just go get your guns back in 20 minutes.
  2. The new blood system would bring unity to people, you would have a reason to be friendly because you would need players of your own blood type. This would add a reason to not shoot everyone on sight because you could possibly need them in five minutes.

I WILL BE EDITING THIS AS I GO!

Whats with all the keyboard warriors shitting all over this guy's suggestion? Get a fucking life and learn to stop being american and start to listen, intake and digest change.

He is not a developer but rather just a member of community like all of you and (unlike your lazy 300lb ass) has put some time into making a list of things (which for one I like) for developers to look at and maybe implement

Just because you love call of duty so much and want everything to be pussy-friendly does not mean the game should follow the path you want it to keep. Nor should a game ever keep same mechanics as those get boring extremely quickly (anyone with over 100hrs played will agree)

Learn to stop being American?

Fuck you and the high horse you rode in on, pal. I like how you disagree with a few posts about bashing/not listening to another player and then you spout off some unintelligent babble and start assuming and generalizing.

Seriously, go fuck yourself. You're no different then the people ragging on the OP.

Get a fucking life and learn to stop being american and start to listen, intake and digest change.

Hey now, lets not be a total ignoramus and lump all americans into one derogatory category. Don't forget we're back to back world war champions - pretty sure that took some listening, intake, and evolution on our part. We do pretty well when it counts.

Edited by -Evo

I enjoyed a few, disliked a few ideas. I like how food and water and ammo will be more scarce. One of my most tense moments was frantically searching a town for food, running out of ammo, and running from zombies! When I finally found dem beans, it was da best beans evar! I think it makes seine you have to boil water. Almost ALL stagnate water is filled with bacteria. The mechanics of it can work just the same way like cooking food.

I don't enjoy the blood type/draining. I think that is too iffy/complex. I do like seeing gray at 5000 blood though.

I think zombies should not zig-zag, but they should still be able to run, just a little slower then you.

Other then that, thanks for putting your thoughts into post that someone can take away from it. I rather see a post like this, then someone QQ'ing about the issues and not creating solutions!

whats up with some of these guys above... really bad behavior.

Good suggestions, most of them. But sounds more like 1.7.4.3 :D

Was thinking about this post, with reference to incrasing scarcity of food, and have come to the conclusion that it's a good idea.

At the moment we have the hunger meter, but I cannot think of any occasion when I've been so hungry I've started to lose health. Thirst is different, as it depletes quicker and there have been times when I've been on a long wilderness wander (looking for camps to plunder hehe) when I've suddenly realised I had to find a coke.

But with hunger I can't say it's a problem, and a game mechanic you can ignore is one that's not working properly.

Might be annoying as currently implemented. - So maybe you could stretch out the time between being required to eat to give you more time to search?

Focus:

-Surviving is way too easy

-Dayz is turning into Resident Evil Operation Raccon City, a deathmatch 3rd person shooter with zombies.

-Basic survival tools are way too common and easy to find.

-Banditing is a part of game nevertheless.

Current Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Soda cans spawn chance decreased.

* [FIXED] Zombies no longer have super human speed

* [NEW] Cooked meat refils 400 blood only instead of 800. Canned food refils 100 blood isntead of 200.

This one is the best and original!

Actually I dont think the blood type / blood stealing thing is a good one myself but most of the rest is pretty solid. Have some beans.

I think these are good suggestions for the game as it is. But there's a LOT of features as yet unimplemented - base building, missions, etc. I think that instead of balancing current 'issues', we'd be better off if they introduce a few more features first. Lets accept right now that banditry is common - but you can at least live off the land sneaking into small villages inland instead.

Lets wait for Base Building (farms anyone) and missions and then give a little more feedback - my 2c.

Literally laughed out loud at each one of those points. I'd play that game.

:D Thanks, I chuckled a bit while typing it.

...are we vampires now?

Some ideas are good from balancing point of view, but it doesn't make sense to decrease e.g weapon spawn as long as duping is not fixed. Otherwise exploiters will get even bigger advantage over normal players.