rocket

HOTFIX 1.5.8.4 Rollng Update

so the game is still not playable if you do not want to risk your current character due to patch bugs?

You should probably stop playing it until it's out of ALPHA.

and maybe you should stop being a dick

im aware the game is an alpha but the latest issues are quite severe in comparison to the previous alpha state

Chances are though too, that at some point a new build could even reset everyone... hahaha... Watch this place explode with angry deluded people then... Rocket would need to start bottling some of those tears for future moments of retrospect..

so the game is still not playable if you do not want to risk your current character due to patch bugs?

You should probably stop playing it until it's out of ALPHA.

and maybe you should stop being a dick

im aware the game is an alpha but the latest issues are quite severe in comparison to the previous alpha state

Chances are though too' date=' that at some point a new build could even reset everyone... hahaha... Watch this place explode with angry deluded people then... Rocket would need to start bottling some of those tears for future moments of retrospect..

[/quote']

Yes, entitlement + reset = huge headache.

How can the community communicate any clearer, though, to everyone that these things are part of what is being done?

I think that the server code should, every time someone dies and respawns, give them a screen with a link or message making reality clear to them.

L

Just checking in' date=' I can't seem to see dead bodies(player), and when I can, they are standing as if they are still alive. Not sure if this has been resolved already, but I'm checking here anyway.

[/quote']

I have seen this this morning also. I shoot at the bandit ones and they don't get hit or do anything.

Also spawning with no movement possible like froze. I spawned on a server and had 3rd person view but my body was invisible as were other alive players. very scary.

And lastly the spawning but going back to where i had started in the last session and everything in between gone.

I love the unexpectedness of these patches but i cannot help think that with an alpha there must be a way of having a pre test environment on a few servers before the patch gets rolled out. My vote would be to go back to 1.5.7 until all this is sorted out.

But then what do i know? :sleepy::-/:D

What's wrong with this mod? Now it's just impossible to play.

1) Zombies spawn right in front, after the killing of one group immediately spawn a new batch.

2) What was to take able to use bandages and so on through the quick action menu? Now, if any bleeding player loses almost half of the blood. It is not realistic, these items are not as big a player to open inventory out for them.

3) Is not it be better to introduce a system of case definition of self-defense? For example if the survivor kills another survivor who some time ago caused damage to it, the humanity of the character is not reduced. It is possible to implement?

4) Wood for fireplace is realistic, but why should they be introduced without the possibility to get them in the woods by yourself?

5) In my opinion the system calculate the temperature and the disease is unnecessary, you can simply leave a slight chill when the player is in the rain.

Also noticed, I could not extinguish a flare. Not sure on the chemlight

Yep Zombies Now Spawn in front of me, my 2 friends and I died.... I Really Like this Mod but i think there come more Bugs with every Single Update =/

That Sucks huge

Funny to read 8 pages full of "still didn't fix XXXXXXX" when the changelog says:

* [NEW] Support for more than 1,000,000 characters

But support more than million that's epic :D

To be honest, the inventory system now is extremely clunky, the old version was alot better.

Funny to read 8 pages full of "still didn't fix XXXXXXX" when the changelog says:

* [NEW] Support for more than 1' date='000,000 characters

[/quote']

Yes, I also think that new features enough, it is best to solve all the problems to begin with.

Otherwise it may turn out so it would be a huge list of features, but it eventually will not be playable due to the bugs.

To be honest' date=' the inventory system now is extremely clunky, the old version was alot better.

[/quote']

The old system, as said previously, was causing server performance issues because it caused the system to do checks ALL the time, for everyone.

With the new system, it's a "on need you activate" basis, which means it's a lot less stressful.

Plus I don't see what's clunky. Press G, right click/click...done.

some feedback:

fps totally fixed for me after x.x.x.4. ty for your timing, is not common to see a hotfix / patch every night!

still the servers are overloaded so hard, wonder if we'll ever get good enuff hardware to fully enjoy this!

* [NEW] Support for more than 1' date='000,000 characters

[/quote']

Yes, I also think that new features enough, it is best to solve all the problems to begin with.

Otherwise it may turn out so it would be a huge list of features, but it eventually will not be playable due to the bugs.

You don't iron out bugs during alpha, you test mechanics and see how the core settings are handling things. Only real show stoppers are cleared out, like Rocket's doing lately.

Once you're in beta, then you freeze new core features and spend a shitload of time clearing up bugs, polishing and whatnot.

Alphas are MEANT to be buggy as shit, crashing everywhere, wiping/corrupting characters, destroying servers and databases, etc. If it's not happening, you're not doing a proper alpha run.

In an emergency action menu is much better, especially since it is not realistic, because all the things like bandages are in unloading vest, and get their momentary thing.

Also, large changes in performance is not noticeable, so it was not worth it.

To be honest' date=' the inventory system now is extremely clunky, the old version was alot better.

[/quote']

The old system, as said previously, was causing server performance issues because it caused the system to do checks ALL the time, for everyone.

With the new system, it's a "on need you activate" basis, which means it's a lot less stressful.

Plus I don't see what's clunky. Press G, right click/click...done.

I agree it's not too bad, but to balance survivability and performance, more critical context menu options, like Bandaging yourself would be appreciated.

I dont mind going into the inventory screen to drink, or take painkillers, but when I'm bleeding, I want to be able to just mousewheel it, consider a situation that your very low on blood, those extra few seconds are critical.

But then again, It's all on rocket, maybe he wants to simluate the process of in real life, you'd need to open a bag, get the bandage out to use it...

These bandages can fit into the pockets of vest, you would not likely keep them on the bottom of your backpack.

These bandages can fit into the pockets of vest' date=' you would not likely keep them on the bottom of your backpack.

[/quote']

Sorry but this is just another carebear whine. There are many well documented cases of people being shot/injured and not even being aware they have been hurt in RL. In RL unless you are a medic in an army unit - you just dont keep bandages that easily to hand. I think the new system of - get scratched/shot, run deal with situation, assess damage in 3rd person view (a cheat in my view) or check blood level to see if it is dropping and then eventually dig out your bandage and fix it is spot on for realistic gameplay. I wish all the ppl whinging with the "I prefer the easier path" posts would just go back to COD or BF3 and leave us be with a reduced server load. These are the players people, that use walkthroughs, cheat codes and exploits.

This is all off topic of course. Well done on 1mil character imprints supported. I am sure the dev geniuses are learning more and more every day and imagining a way to deal with less characters or do it more efficiently. I wonder how large each players record in the DB is? I would have thought 1meg would cover it but knowing DBA's would probably say oh a lot more.

The only thing I noticed when spawning this morning was I was in a totally different place :) I spawned out near the southern barracks in the NW Airfield and appeared today in some woods (wilderness was the location on the lower right) north of Kamenka. Loot and kill-stats are all apparently fine, though I appear to be wearing a new skin, I couldn't see it (Expert server) and when I finally caught up with my mates they told me I was invisible (not a latency issue) to them so couldn't check it then either...

I'm only seeing 1.5.8.4 on the aramafiles. Does that mean 1.5.8.3 is included? Or do I need to download that file seperately?

Since being killed last night, I've been unable to respawn properly. I always spawn in the location I died, bleeding, and die within 1 second. I've tried clicking restart, respawn, and reconnecting etc.

I thought this was likely related to the 1m character issue, but I'm experiencing the same problem today using this latest patch, so I'm still unable to play :(

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any advice?

<3,

Niraia

For myself, though I haven't respawned, I've played a bit. Everything seems good, temp want back up from 8 to 100 while checking out some buildings in daytime.

Pickup seems ok (though I haven't tried a new backpack, yet). I haven't been in a fight yet, though I did distract a zombie with a smoke grenade.

From here, (playing on Dallas 11), all seems well.

L

I understand the point of view of third-person view is unrealistic - and I agree, but I must say that the delightment to see yourself from the outside adds a cinematic pleasure and increases the affinity with the character. That satisfaction is stronger than my urge for realism. Can't help it.

Since being killed last night' date=' I've been unable to respawn properly. I always spawn in the location I died, bleeding, and die within 1 second. I've tried clicking restart, respawn, and reconnecting etc.

I thought this was likely related to the 1m character issue, but I'm experiencing the same problem today using this latest patch, so I'm still unable to play :(

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any advice?

<3,

Niraia

[/quote']

This was happening on my server (EU16) before updating the servers Hive apps to the latest version

Tried today for the very first time, and works perfect to me. I'm using the beta OA and no FPS drops or problems joining the servers (less than a minute. Btw, I'm from Spain, I'm talking about EU servers) and also I've tried the save inventory issue, and I have no problem. Tried on severals servers and the game saves my inventory. Also, I have noticed the bug from dead body players. They seem to be stucked, but they're already dead.

A great mode with such a good future :)

Tried today for the very first time' date=' and works perfect to me. I'm using the beta OA and no FPS drops or problems joining the servers (less than a minute. Btw, I'm from Spain, I'm talking about EU servers) and also I've tried the save inventory issue, and I have no problem. Tried on severals servers and the game saves my inventory. Also, I have noticed the bug from dead body players. They seem to be stucked, but they're already dead.

A great mode with such a good future :)

[/quote']

Hmm, I can't seem to use OA Beta - can't login on servers. Get rejected with a "wrong version"-message. What did I miss?