rocket

HOTFIX 1.5.8.4 Rollng Update

These bandages can fit into the pockets of vest' date=' you would not likely keep them on the bottom of your backpack.

[/quote']

Sorry but this is just another carebear whine. There are many well documented cases of people being shot/injured and not even being aware they have been hurt in RL. In RL unless you are a medic in an army unit - you just dont keep bandages that easily to hand. I think the new system of - get scratched/shot, run deal with situation, assess damage in 3rd person view (a cheat in my view) or check blood level to see if it is dropping and then eventually dig out your bandage and fix it is spot on for realistic gameplay. I wish all the ppl whinging with the "I prefer the easier path" posts would just go back to COD or BF3 and leave us be with a reduced server load. These are the players people, that use walkthroughs, cheat codes and exploits.

This is all off topic of course. Well done on 1mil character imprints supported. I am sure the dev geniuses are learning more and more every day and imagining a way to deal with less characters or do it more efficiently. I wonder how large each players record in the DB is? I would have thought 1meg would cover it but knowing DBA's would probably say oh a lot more.

I agree 100%. This game Arma2 is a military "SIMULATOR". This mod is simply a expansion to it. The gear menu and using items through said menu is fine and adds to the realism. Through my experience you cannot simply just grab a bandage and put it on while in the middle of doing something. I have to take the time to open my IFAK and dig through it to find my bandage and then properly apply it if I get injured. This just simply tries to simulate the same thing.

If you dont like it go to your arcade FPS like battlefield and COD.

Hey

Great work on the last few updates Rocket

I'm wondering when the vehicles are gunnabe added in again , i'm running out of ideas on what to do . . .

And oh me and heli's ......... <3

Just like to say its running flawless for me, no save problem, good loot, no lag but the only annoying thing remaining is the... re spawning zombies.

They spawn way too close sometimes.

Funfact: More than half of all the derps that post things like "go back to cawadoodie or beef tri!" are those that got every COD since Modern Warfare on Steam and played for longer than 20hours on each game.

Can we still expect to see bandit skins removed today, or did the past few hotfixes put a delay on it?

These bandages can fit into the pockets of vest' date=' you would not likely keep them on the bottom of your backpack.

[/quote']

Sorry but this is just another carebear whine. There are many well documented cases of people being shot/injured and not even being aware they have been hurt in RL. In RL unless you are a medic in an army unit - you just dont keep bandages that easily to hand. I think the new system of - get scratched/shot, run deal with situation, assess damage in 3rd person view (a cheat in my view) or check blood level to see if it is dropping and then eventually dig out your bandage and fix it is spot on for realistic gameplay. I wish all the ppl whinging with the "I prefer the easier path" posts would just go back to COD or BF3 and leave us be with a reduced server load. These are the players people, that use walkthroughs, cheat codes and exploits.

This is all off topic of course. Well done on 1mil character imprints supported. I am sure the dev geniuses are learning more and more every day and imagining a way to deal with less characters or do it more efficiently. I wonder how large each players record in the DB is? I would have thought 1meg would cover it but knowing DBA's would probably say oh a lot more.

3rd person view should be there by default considering that there are only three stances: stand, crouch, prone. In prone, you see sh**t do to high grass and it's annoying to stumble across "frog zombies" or newly spawn ones because of it - sometimes even players.

Equipment should be distributed across available space as the player sees fit. So, I can put those bandages where I can reach for them as fast as I can. Also, magazine, clips, food, water bottles, etc., they all should be kept wherever the gamer wants to, not just "these go on the upper part, these go on the middle and those go down there".

Anyway, the whole "sim-inventory-changing/using items" thing on Arma is kind of broken. For instance, IRL I can change from my primary engagement system to my secondary a lot faster and without having a full stop. That's not CoD or other "n00bs" games, that just the way it is. Moreover, there is nothing stopping me from carrying two "main" weapons (M4+MP5 or AK+M4 etc) or two pistols/revolvers.

The best inventory/character movements so far I saw in a military shooter, were in Hidden and Dangerous 2. There were 5 levels of player's speed movement, 3 stances, jumping, leaning, climbing and by all of those (including shadows, day/night cycles), the view distance from which AIs could see you, was calculated.

"In other news", I've played for about an hour today, but there was nothing saved from that. Got some pretty nice items, but also died from a zombie's superman senses. I guess nothing was lost after all.

So, it seems that very few people are experiencing the same problem as me?

Have been running dayz since 1.5.6 I believe. That worked fine, as did 1.5.7. 1.5.8 was alright until 1.5.8.3 where I had the standard fps issue. But now since upgrading mod files to 1.5.8.4 I cannot get into any servers. The first time I tried it I think the mod hadnt been rolled out fully yet, and I loaded into a 1.5.8.3 server by accident. And that fucked stuff up good. Spawn was completely messed up, was on the right rooftop for a second, the glitched to this picture of like 8 peoples heads just popping out of some water, then it went back to the rooftop I was on but I was just looking at my character standing still in 3rd person (not normal 3rd person though, I could move the camera completely seperately to the model of myself) and yeah, then the warning came up abotu having the wrong version

Ever since then, any server I try (have tried a good 15-20 now) does the same thing. Connects as it has done up till now well, then when it goes through the requesting character data/getting player ID and comes to the "Loading" screen where the server chat disappears for a few seconds, I get stuck there. Unable to press esc and back out, and it really will not get any further. In the end I have to alt-tab out every time and close arma in task manager.

Pretty big bug really considering that up until 1.5.8.3 it worked like an absoloute charm, then 1.5.8.3 had the fps issue, and now...big things lol

Would love to hear anyones feedback on this, as it obviously means I (and quite a few others) cannot get into the game at all, but yet to hear any input from someone who might understand this stuff a bit better than us.

I have reinstalled all mod files from the 1.5.8.4 torrent

I am using the free version of arma where you need to copy across the folder "Addons" from the Arma free folder into the OA main folder. And I have deleted this folder and copied it across again.

And I have done "Verify integrity of game cache" with OA. It said it found one file that it was going to replace, and when I went to my downloads bit it said it had downloaded 1 a 1.4kb file.

Just to let you know!

Other than that, im running Arma free and OA both installed/downloaded through steam.

Cheers!

Tried to light a fire for the first time today. As soon as I light it, the flame goes out 2 seconds later on it's own. Do I need more wood? I had one bundle in my inventory when I made the fireplace. What am I doing wrong?

Tried to light a fire for the first time today. As soon as I light it' date=' the flame goes out 2 seconds later on it's own. Do I need more wood? I had one bundle in my inventory when I made the fireplace. What am I doing wrong?

[/quote']

I had the same issue, I found that if I tried to light a fire inside a building that spawned items that it would just snuff out the second I tried lighting it. Were you in a building that spawned items?

Funfact: More than half of all the derps that post things like "go back to cawadoodie or beef tri!" are those that got every COD since Modern Warfare on Steam and played for longer than 20hours on each game.

Sooner or later, everybody, even those who used to play it all the time, will realize that they are crap. Some just later than others. So don't hate!

Update, I have managed to get through to "server responded, creating character" on UK4. Bit of news I thought...

You're being pedantic. Of course the servers need certain server-specific files' date=' but the code file that was updated is also used by the servers.

[/quote']

Arma servers does not deals with the count-limit of characters in 3rd-party database.

I'm guessing the problem with the database could've been due to the type of storage string being used. If they had to change it to another format / type in order to store more than 1 million IDs, then it's also possible he would have had to change something in the code file to generate and report the character ID differently as well.

So' date=' it seems that very few people are experiencing the same problem as me?

Have been running dayz since 1.5.6 I believe. That worked fine, as did 1.5.7. 1.5.8 was alright until 1.5.8.3 where I had the standard fps issue. But now since upgrading mod files to 1.5.8.4 I cannot get into any servers. The first time I tried it I think the mod hadnt been rolled out fully yet, and I loaded into a 1.5.8.3 server by accident. And that fucked stuff up good. Spawn was completely messed up, was on the right rooftop for a second, the glitched to this picture of like 8 peoples heads just popping out of some water, then it went back to the rooftop I was on but I was just looking at my character standing still in 3rd person (not normal 3rd person though, I could move the camera completely seperately to the model of myself) and yeah, then the warning came up abotu having the wrong version

Ever since then, any server I try (have tried a good 15-20 now) does the same thing. Connects as it has done up till now well, then when it goes through the requesting character data/getting player ID and comes to the "Loading" screen where the server chat disappears for a few seconds, I get stuck there. Unable to press esc and back out, and it really will not get any further. In the end I have to alt-tab out every time and close arma in task manager.

Pretty big bug really considering that up until 1.5.8.3 it worked like an absoloute charm, then 1.5.8.3 had the fps issue, and now...big things lol

Would love to hear anyones feedback on this, as it obviously means I (and quite a few others) cannot get into the game at all, but yet to hear any input from someone who might understand this stuff a bit better than us.

I have reinstalled all mod files from the 1.5.8.4 torrent

I am using the free version of arma where you need to copy across the folder "Addons" from the Arma free folder into the OA main folder. And I have deleted this folder and copied it across again.

And I have done "Verify integrity of game cache" with OA. It said it found one file that it was going to replace, and when I went to my downloads bit it said it had downloaded 1 a 1.4kb file.

Just to let you know!

Other than that, im running Arma free and OA both installed/downloaded through steam.

Cheers!

[/quote']

Same problem here

Tried to light a fire for the first time today. As soon as I light it' date=' the flame goes out 2 seconds later on it's own. Do I need more wood? I had one bundle in my inventory when I made the fireplace. What am I doing wrong?

[/quote']

I had the same issue, I found that if I tried to light a fire inside a building that spawned items that it would just snuff out the second I tried lighting it. Were you in a building that spawned items?

No, I was outside in a small clearing in the woods.

[/quote']

Put the wood in the fireplace.

[/quote']

Put the wood in the fireplace.

If you have wood in your inventory when you create a fireplace, it puts the firewood into the fireplace for you.

I think if you create one without having any wood in your inventory (or if it's in your backpack) it will create the fireplace but won't stay lit when trying.

* [FIXED] Fires can't be placed in buildings

* [FIXED] Tent's cannot be placed easily (reduced object checking zone area)

I tryed to place Tent today, but still cannot place it hear different objects.

+Campfires not placing in buildings. not even in large hangars

I tryed to place Tent today, but still cannot place it hear different objects.

Reduced, not removed.

+Campfires not placing in buildings. not even in large hangars

From what I tested, they actually spawn, but on the ground. Since buildings have a slight floor elevation, the fireplace is below/in them. In some buildings with very small flooring and/or on a bit of a hill, the fireplace will pop out a wee bit.

As a bug report:

- Place a fire outside a building and light it. You regen normal fire regen.

- Go in the building and stay stationary. The building regen will take over on next building regen tick (around 30 seconds?), ignoring fire regen.

- Staying in the building while moving and remaining within fire range (that is outside still), you'll get fire regen.

New debug area where people can shoot each other?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/TSOShadow/ArmA2OA2012-05-2413-46-53-43.jpg

I spawned in.

Could look around, open my gear.

I think I could even open other peoples gear but I didn't test it.

Eventually 1 bandit appeared and started shooting someone.

I was hidden behind some standing people so I leaned around them and shot the bandit down.

Shortly after all survivors started moving and looking around and fearing my survival I disconnected back to lobby.

I was trying for well over an hour yesterday to place a tent in a wide open flat field. Never did manage to get it to place. What gives?

I keep getting the MOD CBA_MAIN ERORR everytime i start in a server i see nothing but plain empty hills as far as the eye can see can someone tell me how to fix this???

Yeah, I'm still unable to properly place tents. Perhaps this issue should be reexamined. I tried all over the place, in completely clear and flat areas.