rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Love the game sir.

The artifact's have been annoying but I'm glad to hear that'll be fixed.

I've only started playing within the last 3 DayZ. Loving it & keep up the great work.

• Like 1

In my opinion tents should be temporarily taken out of the mod. Infinite gear is just ridiculous.

Apparently you can dupe using backpacks anyway. I run into people in full gear and ghillie suits all the time and I just realize I have to accept it's a part of DayZ.

It's almost like a ghillie suit combined with a high powered sniper rifle is a dead giveaway for a duper.

• Like 2

Noooooo

The end of endless ammo :(

Freakin sweet. Also please have a look at tents. Players love to grief others by placing them inside buildings. Just happened to be on a server with a tent inside the firestation blocking the main stairway as well as blocking entrances to enter-able buildings.

Edited by twix

Apparently you can dupe using backpacks anyway. I run into people in full gear and ghillie suits all the time and I just realize I have to accept it's a part of DayZ.

It's almost like a ghillie suit combined with a high powered sniper rifle is a dead giveaway for a duper.

So if you get killed you can just wait for a server restart and get shiny new gear from the backpack which you lost?

Edited by Ju Ju Bean

increase vehicle hitpoints by 500% please ^^

Someone got shot down in a helicopter, I guess? :P

• Like 1

Hell no. To easy = Not Dayz

And people like you were probably annoyed when they took it out.

I don't mind it, but a melee weapon would be nice. It's not like it's hard for vets to find a weapon and avoid zombies. However, it is incredibly frustrating for new players, who don't know where to go or how to do it, to defend themselves with just a flashlight. It causes tedium, and that's not good for a first impression.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff thanks rocket!

Could you please have a look at rearming choppers? Right now only server restarts rearm the M240 door guns but we could use m240 belts to do it instead. That would be much more fitting to DayZ anyway imo.

• Like 1

Tents and vehicles gear isnt saving at all now, its getting rolled back to a previous state.

Happened to my char inventory too but not all the time.

This is groundhog day now so pointless playing as cant make any progress.

• Like 1

I copy & paste my observations with the actual patch from last thread to emphasize the urgency of fixing this:

well if it is boring don't play...... here society gives you your two cents back and we humbly ask you to leave..... the planet. please find the nearest exit and show yourself out. thank you.

"To serial number every item with a unique ID would be incredibly taxing in every aspect. This would be the case, I believe, because best practice (I assume) would be to give each item a generic item code (which I'm sure the game all ready does) then give it a unique item code, like a serial number. That unique item code would then be bound to your account in the central server. "

Well I also don't know but I can take a stab at a reply

As far as Im aware HIVE is seperate to ARMA II. So the item creation / ID code should be under Rockets control. Also hes mentioned issues with ID no's over a million , so i have to assume items already have IDs. When you log on or a tent is instanced it already has to look up the items it has saved and instance them. So adding one check to catch duplicate IDs and not instance them or delete doesnt sound like a huge stretch. Yes it IS another operation but not a system breaking one I wouldnt have thought.

Id be interested in why Rocket says it's not possible in the MOD and requires sources access to Arma II.

• Like 1

Good job Rocket!

Please fix killing trees :) And bone breakers latrine doors :D

Pistols damage, now useless....

Thanks!

I have a thought. I changed my F key and I also changed the keys used to lean. They are now mapped to my mouse. Even if I have flares, grenades etc equipped, I don't get the option to use them unless I map them as default and I can lean, but I can't roll while prone unless I default. I mean, if you have a grenade, scrolling the mouse wheel and selecting it should work. I don't understand why the engine forces you to use another key binding for something like that.

Can this be fixed?

Also, I have a friend that still can't play the game. Gets stuck at loading forever, because of the last patch? Are these updates supposed to fix that?

I'm also interested in fixing tents. Losing too much gear. I looted two camping tents from someone's tent and over the past three days, moving them around, picking them up and disconnecting to try another server has deleted my tents from my inventory. It wouldn't be a big deal if camping tents weren't such a rare drop.

Edited by DAS1337

So recently:

- Zombie aggro was made alot more sensitive

- Weapons were nerfed (pistols and assault rifles especially)

Consequently players require lots more ammo, far more than would have been necessary a few patches ago

I appreciate you're cracking down on the ammo bugs but genuinely, without them most weapons besides common makarovs and enfields aren't worth the space to carry them.

Not to mention you're also cracking down things like d/c to avoid death / deaggro zeds

Just hoping that you also factor in some novel ways of relieving the ammo shortages because all this is going to do is encourage more camping and less adventuring and reduce the incentive to risk visiting military areas further... don't see how thats desirable for overall gameplay :-/

• Like 3

Rocket - Is there any chance of putting a limit on the Respawn button usage? Like, can only be used once every 1 or 2 hours?

This would still help both in reducing server load from people respawning constantly to get a favoured spawn point and would also give people a way out when they glitch into houses/traps etc.

Just a thought :)

they already did that try updating your game......... you can only respawn when you have a broken leg

can anyone confirmed if antibiotics are spawning since the last update? me and a friend try to find one but so far nothing in hospitals

I got one yesterday, so... yes!

Would it not be easier to remove barbed wire and tank traps completely?

They serve no purpose in the game as it stands now; other than to block off loot spawns for server hoppers.

Just remove them, please.

Edit:

Also, the duping of items needs fixing too, urgently.

They do serve a purpose, and it's exactly what you said. You think in a real apocalypse people who found valuable supplies wouldn't block them off so others couldn't come and steal them? Here's a tip, get a TOOLBOX and remove them yourself. Everyone constantly tries to make this game easy in ways that are just ridiculous. Do I need to reference the leave britney alone video?

Edited by KField86

"To serial number every item with a unique ID would be incredibly taxing in every aspect. This would be the case, I believe, because best practice (I assume) would be to give each item a generic item code (which I'm sure the game all ready does) then give it a unique item code, like a serial number. That unique item code would then be bound to your account in the central server. "

Well I also don't know but I can take a stab at a reply

As far as Im aware HIVE is seperate to ARMA II. So the item creation / ID code should be under Rockets control. Also hes mentioned issues with ID no's over a million , so i have to assume items already have IDs. When you log on or a tent is instanced it already has to look up the items it has saved and instance them. So adding one check to catch duplicate IDs and not instance them or delete doesnt sound like a huge stretch. Yes it IS another operation but not a system breaking one I wouldnt have thought.

Id be interested in why Rocket says it's not possible in the MOD and requires sources access to Arma II.

I am thinking the same (as previosly posted). But gonna wait for Rocket to see if we two are correct or not.

Edited by metalica24

Confirmed Changelog (WIP):

* [FIXED] Ammunition amounts not loaded in properly (Now records used ammunition correctly)

In Process Changelog (WIP):

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

i wanna have your children rocket

and im a dude....

looted a deer stand, found aks-74 kobra, threw away some loot from the backpack and took the cobra. Then relogged because I had to leave for a while. When I returned, there was no cobrai n my pack, and no loot at the deer stand. the shit I removed from my backpack was still there. Plz fix it.

Edit: TENTS STILL DONT SAVE. ALL THE STUFF IN MY TENT DISAPPEARED.

Edited by Kpekep2

Would it not be easier to remove barbed wire and tank traps completely?

They serve no purpose in the game as it stands now; other than to block off loot spawns for server hoppers.

Just remove them, please.

Edit:

Also, the duping of items needs fixing too, urgently.

a lot of people use them for creating a camp, so yes they do serve a purpose.

i've seen the graphical glitches occur with piles of rubble as well.

Noooooo

The end of endless ammo :(

Quoted for truthiness!

looted a deer stand, found aks-74 kobra, threw away some loot from the backpack and took the cobra. Then relogged because I had to leave for a while. When I returned, there was no cobrai n my pack, and no loot at the deer stand. the shit I removed from my backpack was still there. Plz fix it.

This. Same thing happens to me with a variety of items.