rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

yeah rocket should start us with an m4a1, a secondary, a grenade and some flash bangs.

Would be incredibly useful.

Also how about a knife button on V and why doesn't rocket charge us $60 a year for the game with slightly different weapons and skins each time?

The game seriously needs to become a bit more balanced, having food and a pistol and a bike with you when you start makes sense and the spawn of items in small towns is retarded. you should be able to find a knife,watch,etc in a fucking house or a low tier weapon. he has to make the game make more sense and it will really just make the game a bit less of a chore.

Edited by fate1122

Great fixes, thank you!

It the light of future disappearance of “re-log for ammo” would it be possible to include some more conversions to ammo clips to add much needed versatility??

Examples:

2x M9 mags <-> 1x MP5 clip or 1x PDW clip

2x M9 SD mags <-> 1x MP5 SD clip

200Rd belt M249 <-> 7x STANAG clips (with one of those clips missing 10 bullets(left to right) or being left out with 10 bullets in it (right to left))

8x Makarov mags <-> 1x Bizon SD mag (RL version of suppressed Bizon - Bizon-2-03 - uses standard 9x18mm Makarov rounds)

Or maybe, ‘add bullets to a clip’ feature? A great way to be able to use ammo you cannot in your current weapon or consolidate it to liberate the much desired inventory space.

For example: add a Makarov mag to a Bizon SD clip or a STANAG clip to a 200Rd Belt M249 or a M9 clip to a MP5 clip resulting the current bullet counts from initial clips to be added to latter ones. I am guessing this one would be a bit burdensome to code but would greatly advance in-game experience.

This would be nice.

Additionally, now that people will run out of bullets as a part of the gameplay, would it be possible to address how we switch to a hatchet? The ‘drop the primary weapon on a ground while being mobbed by zombies’ routine is far from being effective, especially at the time when it becomes the last option available. Is there a technical issue that prevents making the primary weapon being ‘shouldered’ while hatchet in use? It would be great to be able to switch to a trusty hatchet without parting with the rifle you carry, especially if you have no means of stashing it in a backpack.

FeroMax

Rocket has talked about this. Basically, you have to remove the rifle and replace it with a melee weapon due to the animation system - this will generate network traffic. That said, we do somewhat the same thing with moving the axe to/from toolbelt, but I suppose we would do that a lot more often if we could toggle between melee and regular firearm with a key press (storing the rifle in the toolbelt while the axe is used).

The ACEmod for ArmA 2 has a similar feature where you can carry a second primary in addition to a rucksack/launcher.

• Like 2

Good to see a new update. Hopeing it fixes a lot of the loading issues to that I seem to be having, and no luck on finding a fix for it at all.

Eliminating duping in the mod is impossible.

I can improve things better than they are, but this must be solved in the engine source.

Is it impossible to assign a unique serial for every weapon that is spawned/generated and disallow duplicates of that serial?

Apparently you can dupe using backpacks anyway. I run into people in full gear and ghillie suits all the time and I just realize I have to accept it's a part of DayZ.

It's almost like a ghillie suit combined with a high powered sniper rifle is a dead giveaway for a duper.

This isn't true at all. My buddy and I have basically everything you could ask for excluding rangefinders and we did not dupe anything.

Is it impossible to assign a unique serial for every weapon that is spawned/generated and disallow duplicates of that serial?

That seems like a lot of data to track...

Edited by AllFoggedUp

Great fixes, thank you!

It the light of future disappearance of “re-log for ammo” would it be possible to include some more conversions to ammo clips to add much needed versatility??

Examples:

I'd be happy just to be able to load 2 slugs into my remington 870 instead of being forced to find 8, then convert to 8rnds of slugs. I can have an 870 and 6 shells of 12 gauge slug and be completely useless.

• Like 1

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Does this mean you will be able to create a 5 round DMR mag from a single M24 clip? Or will you still be required to gather 4 M24 clips before combining the into a DMR mag?

Just got another PM from the person (it was a group of 3) and he said they didn't even see my direct communications chat even though I was well within direct comms distance. So definitely a bug.

I look at it like in the Walking Dead, how they can kill zombies with screwdrivers by shoving it in their eyes and destroying the brain.

meh, those kind of things tend to rely on low probabilities. I'm sure we can all think of scenarios where someone could stop a zombie with a hunting knife, but IRL you probably wouldn't want to take the chance getting so close to the zombie. let alone more than one zombie

can anyone confirmed if antibiotics are spawning since the last update? me and a friend try to find one but so far nothing in hospitals

Yea I found a box yesterday in the hospital at Elektro.

If you have to do extensive research on a game to learn how to play, that is a flaw in development. By not giving brand new players something to defend themselves with in a new and harsh environment is a flaw in design. It does nothing but frustrate and push new players away from the game. We already know how to play, so not having a weapon isn't a big deal. Try thinking from something than your own biased point of view. Melee weapons on startup does not exist in the game. And unless you only read my post, there are dozens of people asking for things in this forum that aren't in the game.

Talk about ignorance.

oh my goodness look everyone an einstien! wow look if you want a simple game to play look at the NES system and play mario bros it has simple controls it has a direction pad and two buttons A and B. have fun and as far as your request again for a weapon...... HATCHET it has a wood handle and a chuck of metal at the end that has sharp edges that is red.... find one equip it to from your toolbelt and press R then use the left mouse button to use it..... they are found everywhere just look.... wait why am i trying to teach a retard how to play a game and is to stupid to use google or youtube to learn.... better yet dumbass uninstall and go play with your my little ponnies. dipstick

Just got another PM from the person (it was a group of 3) and he said they didn't even see my direct communications chat even though I was well within direct comms distance. So definitely a bug.

well I'll point out that he could be mistaken of full of crap (perhaps embarrassed he didn't know how the chat works, or maybe just upset he ended up dead)

I'm not trying to say anything conclusive, but you should always consider these things.

Ahhh! Fix the zombies! They still dont hear gunshots no matter what the range.

Hackers?

Whilst playing the server admin types "Stop hacking beep you beep or i'll close the server" (not to me to the whole server and whoever was hacking.

He also repeast the same verbally over the mic.

Later in the North East airfield i'm "sniped" this dosen't sound odd except it has happened 3 times in a row in as many days on the same server. So what you say, you were sniped fair, so i thought the 1st time though i was in the tower and the windows didn't break, the second time i was on the roof so that seems legit, though before the 'You are Dead' screen appeared i was able to look around in zoom and saw no one so if it were a legit snipe it would have been at least 1km to the nearest forest.

The 3rd time it had to be near impossible to shoot me unless in the same room as i always tuck in the corners when searching and i was in the aircraft hanger corner!!

The 3rd time I also had a aghillie and sat on a hill for 10 minutes with binoculars and saw no signs of anyone at all.

On my next char i wedge the W key down (anyone else do this? :) )and watch netflix my intention toi find my dead body and retrieve the AKS 74 u andshoove it up the a55 of the "sniper" only this time I miscalculate and end up in North East airfield (oops recognised the wrong areas...) so as I run around I notice the hangers aren't "there" well they are but all demolished same with the firestation, i think "hacker" and run expecting to be "sniped", i dodge left n right and then finally get between buildings no chance of being sniped just before i reach trees... guess what? i run and all of a sudden fall over dead, no sniper woosh of bullet this time but instant death - 4 deaaths in a row, same server all at airfields all unlikely deaths (copter camping server members guarding their chances of the chopper spawn??)

Anyone want to shed light on this phenomenon and have other theories??

See no players (i binocular the area for 5 to 10 minutes before going in) yet i'm getting killed in impossible scenarios.

Edited by Turk

Rocket,

Fix the tents. PLEASE.

Also can you tone downthe audio the vehicles make while in 3rd person? It's crazy how loud they are when trying to listen to your environment. Like hearing yourself getting shot at. It's even hard to hear my buddies talk in game and in teamspeak.

I dont want to turn down my game volume and turn up teamspeak.

1. If i turn down the volume, then I can't hear myself getting shot at.

2. If i turn up teamspeak anymore my friends voice will be distorted.

Rocket,

Fix the tents. PLEASE.

Also can you tone downthe audio the vehicles make while in 3rd person? It's crazy how loud they are when trying to listen to your environment. Like hearing yourself getting shot at. It's even hard to hear my buddies talk in game and in teamspeak.

I dont want to turn down my game volume and turn up teamspeak.

1. If i turn down the volume, then I can't hear myself getting shot at.

2. If i turn up teamspeak anymore my friends voice will be distorted.

facepalm......... is this troll food? first of all there is a place to make suggestions this is not the place. second of all quit playing like a noob suck it up

If you have to do extensive research on a game to learn how to play, that is a flaw in development.

first of all, everyone should do the first 'bootcamp' mission in Arma 2. this is a mod for Arma 2, so originally it was assumed people playing it know the mechanics of that game. I think that accounts for a lot of the perceived 'learning curve' in DayZ

• Like 5

snapback.pngDAS1337, on 30 July 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

If you have to do extensive research on a game to learn how to play, that is a flaw in development.

first of all, everyone should do the first 'bootcamp' mission in Arma 2. this is a mod for Arma 2, so originally it was assumed people playing it know the mechanics of that game. I think that accounts for a lot of the perceived 'learning curve' in DayZ

was that guy seriously saying you shouldn't have to read a manual (of some kind) to play a game?!!!!

wtf has he only played pong and space invaders?

"DAs not so 1337"

holy hell the game is far from complex, run from or kill zeds, eat food or water to stay alive, bandage yourself if bleeding or take painkillers if shaking or morph if realy messed up. press the keys listed in the options menu to move etc. maybe look a few basic mechs re inventory / backpack. how much friggin easier do you want it?!!!

Go back to pac man!

Edited by Turk

don't waste your time her vagina obviously is hurting her. no sense in arguing or trying to teach a retard anything. let her keep getting killed over and over till she learns to survive..

If you have to do extensive research on a game to learn how to play, that is a flaw in development. By not giving brand new players something to defend themselves with in a new and harsh environment is a flaw in design. It does nothing but frustrate and push new players away from the game. We already know how to play, so not having a weapon isn't a big deal. Try thinking from something than your own biased point of view. Melee weapons on startup does not exist in the game. And unless you only read my post, there are dozens of people asking for things in this forum that aren't in the game.

Talk about ignorance.

You misunderstand the design philosophy of Day Z. It is not designed to be fair.

The game is about survival. You do not need to kill zeds to survive. Arguably you may need to kill other survivors to survive but even there evasion is perfectly valid tactic. A weapon is a luxury item. You can scavenge perfectly fine without alerting a single infected if you are careful.

• Like 6

For the love of God, can we just do a HIVE server reset after this update? Wipe all character data plz. Would be nice to have everyone start from zero plz.

Shower me with your beanz!!

Edited by drewmaw
  • Like 10

also we need more cars theyre stupidlt too rare, ive spent one week searching for one and can only find broken atvs

For the love of God, can we just do a HIVE server reset after this update? Wipe all character data plz. Would be nice to have everyone start from zero plz.

Shower me with your beanz!!

or at very least reset tents - of the million + how many are empty? i'd imagine at least 50%-75% - instant tent fix as its the tents with a million+ number that have the problems.

Eliminating duping in the mod is impossible.

I can improve things better than they are, but this must be solved in the engine source.

Can there be way to monitor if it is being done by any players and having the items deleted from the inventory upon respawn?

also we need more cars theyre stupidlt too rare, ive spent one week searching for one and can only find broken atvs

pssst the atv is the best thing you can get in my opinion. its quick off road and easy to hide. if you have found one fix it keep it and make sweet sweet love to it before you log off.....

• Like 5