rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Suggestion:

Moving axe to secondary weapon!

This will allow us to quietly deal with zombie in the open without having to try to switch primary weapons, I'd rather have an axe as a secondary weapon anyways than the pistol.

Even better having axe as a third weapon.

entire server just got killed in nl20. fucking great. How about a failsafe that when an entire server dies, the main hive overrides because there is no way that will ever happen ?

• Like 1

I personally think new features should wait until the current features are polished up and run smoothly. Otherwise it will just end up with loads of new features but none of them work and it leaves the game broken. Even with the current bugs this game is still absolutely amazing.

Sign!

If you have to do extensive research on a game to learn how to play, that is a flaw in development. By not giving brand new players something to defend themselves with in a new and harsh environment is a flaw in design. It does nothing but frustrate and push new players away from the game. We already know how to play, so not having a weapon isn't a big deal. Try thinking from something than your own biased point of view. Melee weapons on startup does not exist in the game. And unless you only read my post, there are dozens of people asking for things in this forum that aren't in the game.

Talk about ignorance.

Its ridiculous to worry about tailoring to 'new players' when the game itself is not designed to be in any way a casual experience.

Patience, persistence and dealing with loss are all key elements of the game regardless of how new you are. If new players don't stick around long enough to fight the learning curve of basic survival/weapon finding then I don't really see the loss; they're unlikely to enjoy the rest of game regardless of whether or not they get past that initial curve.

I only started playing Day Z after they removed the starting weapon and I died several times before I got the hang of it. But it intrigued me all along and I pulled through. Incidentally, I hate playing most modern FPS.

Remember that Rocket initially intended this whole mod for the existing close-knit community of Arma 2 players. Whilst I'm sure he'll agree that there's room for improvement, the fact that it exploded to the point that people are playing a military sim for the first time shouldn't impact on its core design or level of difficulty.

• Like 1

The visual glitches made me feel like an old man, having to explain to a lot of people what the term "artifacting" meant. Good to see it fixed this week.

Sweet! That graphical monster kept attacking me every time I go and look at Stary tents. Was a not so fun weekend.

When I see a post asking a question that has already been talked about in the first few pages it makes me sad :(

• Like 1

There are a lot of posts in the troubleshooting forums regarding low FPS issues on systems that should not have low FPS, I personally, bounce between 75 FPS and 6FPS (inside and outside of town) depending on how long I've played dayz since my last video card driver re-install

All of the posts suggest the same fixes, that at best provide temporary relief, I'm curious if rocket is aware/trying to resolve these issues that seems to be an issue with the game coding, whether it be arma or dayz primarily at fault (degradation of game performance over time for many users)

• Like 1

entire server just got killed in nl20. fucking great. How about a failsafe that when an entire server dies, the main hive overrides because there is no way that will ever happen ?

1. That would depend on the server population, a chopper crashing can contain quite a few players; then imagine it crashing into a full bus.
  2. Then the hackers stagger the kills instead so that not everyone dies at the same time

Edited by HulkingUnicorn

When I see a post asking a question that has already been talked about in the first few pages it makes me sad :(

well then brace yourself for the future of human kind, its only gonna get a whole lot worse unfortunately

• Like 1

Even better having axe as a third weapon.

I think you can do this already if you drop your backpack? I like the changes to zombies, I do believe pistol dmg should come back up a "little" bit 25% or so. I also think that the primary weapons are like ringing the dinner bell, especially the sniper rifle and the hordes of zombies that come are a bit crazy. Shoot off the ATC tower in Balota airfield, watch em come running for a few hundred meters lol. I got caught up with the AKM in a building in Elecktro and ran out of clips (only had two) and couldn't make it out. Bit excessive if you ask me, but I'll adapt and making axe a secondary weapon choice seems to work for me.

Please add a cooldown to the Respwn-Button and enable it again. Every day I spawn in NOVY in a glitchy house.

like that:

Mostly I die, but today I was stuck. Sucked hard.

• Like 4

well then brace yourself for the future of human kind, its only gonna get a whole lot worse unfortunately

haha in the 1.7.2.4 thread I was making sooo many replies.. then had to stop, i would die before they all got answered and that was just doing a copy paste :P

Agreed, alternatively you can have a smaller knife, such as the hunting knife, work as a melee weapon in the secondary slot.

better something like this.

danny-trejo-machete-540x304.jpg

In progress:

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

those graphical glitches is reason i am not playing currently, i lost my character that was alive for 5 days with alot of gear from a chopper. just to die to some guy in a hanger with graphic glitch poping out everywhere and unable to see anything. Than starting out again, and it keeps poping out... blocking my vision drives me crazy....

Is the fix gonna come before .5 update? As in before Wednesday? Because its happening in Cherno too when you look at the hotel.

Love DayZ and the work youre doing - BIG Thanks.

Rocket, on all servers I've been playing on, player and zombie bodies are not being cleaned up. After a few hours of bodies piling up, it becomes desynced and unplayable.

haha in the 1.7.2.4 thread I was making sooo many replies.. then had to stop, i would die before they all got answered and that was just doing a copy paste :P

ohh i know what you mean, i have totally just given up on answering stupid questions.

The line "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers" is such a lie and should be removed from the existense of being a phrase.

There can be a thread about lets say, a fix for jerry cans for some reason, then a thread below/above(even a sticky) it "How to fix jerry cans?" wtf? but yeah this was just an example.

Soon it will be that even though there is a fix for something or its gonna be fixed and have been replied to by someone who has proof it was fixed, people will still ask how to fix it.

At the point we are at now with this forum/HumanityInRL, im already asking myself how people still ask for stuff that has been fixed or answered? i feel like the future is gonna be 5.5 billion people drewling, its gonna raise the water in the sea even more when mixed with noobs crying about stuff aswell.

But yeah, alot of babbling lol :)

• Like 4

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Worst idea ever. I wouldn't mind it if we were talking about pre 1.7.2.3...and before the huge Arma nerf. But now a 1911 takes up to 6 shots to drop a zed. SIX. One with a headshot I know, but that is pretty hard to do every singe time. Ammo is scarce for that gun compared to a makarov and resetting it through ammo swap has saved my life many times. Now I might as well not even carry a pistol at all.

Until the nerf is reversed on zeds this should not be included in the next patch. After the damage is buffed again, by all means "fix" this unlimited ammo problem. But until then leave it as is considering it takes nearly a whole clip of 1911 or revolver ammo to kill one zed without a headshot.

just my opinion.

I love how he says that he's fixing a bug and the entire thread avalanches into complaints about said bug. Stop complaining about the bug guys! He said he's fixing it hahahahah

"Hey guys, I'm aware of the graphics bug and the fix will be in the next patch"

"I CAN'T PLAY BECAUSE OF GRAPHICS!"

"GRAPHICS NEED TO BE FIXED!"

"CAN YOU FIX GRAPHICS?"

lol I swear forums, how did you get so hilarious?

• Like 2

What with Ghillie suits dissapearing ammo? I mean, always when you log in with ghillie worn you spawn with different inventory, and you always loose something.

Edited by K1NGjzs

My tents have been duping since the last patch, as a result, my whole crew now have......

NVG's, MP5SD's, M4A3 CCO's, infinite mags, infinite food/water/morphine etc....

As an honest player i feel bad about this and would like to see this fixed the most because DayZ just feels pointless now.

P.S infected need to be heaps harder, it should be infected you have to worry about the most, not bandits.

Tents are random as f. One of my tents just spewed out an M4A1 CCO. Of course I took the chance and equipted it. I never had the gun before in my life. The surpressor and cammo are awesome.

@ruaraz:

Sounds nice. The damage of weapons should be more tweaked. I personally like the current modell, but heavy handguns are pretty much useless gear.

Worst idea ever. I wouldn't mind it if we were talking about pre 1.7.2.3...and before the huge Arma nerf. But now a 1911 takes up to 6 shots to drop a zed. SIX. One with a headshot I know, but that is pretty hard to do every singe time. Ammo is scarce for that gun compared to a makarov and resetting it through ammo swap has saved my life many times. Now I might as well not even carry a pistol at all.

Until the nerf is reversed on zeds this should not be included in the next patch. After the damage is buffed again, by all means "fix" this unlimited ammo problem. But until then leave it as is considering it takes nearly a whole clip of 1911 or revolver ammo to kill one zed without a headshot.

just my opinion.

Puhleese... I currently do not use this exploit, there is no reason to. I kill infected with my 1911 just fine. Work on your aim, and don't think of yourself as such a horrible player that you need to use exploits to play. Don't be pathetic.

• Like 3

Fix VON please. I died well early this morning technically while using direct communications chat to say I was friendly, got a PM from the person who killed me and said he was talking to me using the VON but I never heard him and he was waiting for me to respond using voice, but I never heard him so I never responded using voice and I've been seeing reports of other people saying the VON direct comms has been acting up lately. So can we get a fix for this please?

Edited by kicktd