rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Puhleese... I currently do not use this exploit, there is no reason to. I kill infected with my 1911 just fine. Work on your aim, and don't think of yourself as such a horrible player that you need to use exploits to play. Don't be pathetic.

Is it really an exploit if it hasn't been addressed? No. It is an ALPHA. Let Rocket fix it, I'll just use my primary from now on.

Good for you if you can consistently head-shot zeds with the 1911. I can't, especially with the unpredictable zig zag and lag that I have been experiencing since the last update.

Is it really an exploit if it hasn't been addressed? No. It is an ALPHA. Let Rocket fix it, I'll just use my primary from now on.

Good for you if you can consistently head-shot zeds with the 1911. I can't, especially with the unpredictable zig zag and lag that I have been experiencing since the last update.

LOL. Okay fine. :) Best of luck to you, I hope you get better at some point.

What about doing something about stuff disappearing on drop? I've encountered many times that my main weapon has disappeared when I accidentaly pick something else up in that slot. Earlier today I lost everything in my backpack when picking up a new czech backpack from the floor in the supermarket in Cherno.

Edit to say that the backpack I dropped completely disappeared.

first you have to put everything from your current backpack into the new backpack, then pick up the new backpack

I lost my stuff like that before. I had my morphine in the backpack, lost it changing backpacks, and then immediately got my leg broken. it felt like Murphy's Law...

Edited by daze23

Worst idea ever. I wouldn't mind it if we were talking about pre 1.7.2.3...and before the huge Arma nerf. But now a 1911 takes up to 6 shots to drop a zed. SIX

no? Onehit as usual.

Plz add the "Flip ATV" option in mouse wheel menu when targeting a fliiped ATV. Maybe thats off-topic but many ppl would like to see it.

Keep up the good work, Rocket!

Use W, be careful, and It wont flip

Fix VON please. I died well early this morning technically while using direct communications chat to say I was friendly, got a PM from the person who killed me and said he was talking to me using the VON but I never heard him and he was waiting for me to respond using voice, but I never heard him so I never responded using voice and I've been seeing reports of other people saying the VON direct comms has been acting up lately. So can we get a fix for this please?

I've been told some server admins could disable von completely somehow if they wanted to.

* [FIXED] Ammunition amounts not loaded in properly (Now records used ammunition correctly)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Great fixes, thank you!

It the light of future disappearance of “re-log for ammo” would it be possible to include some more conversions to ammo clips to add much needed versatility??

Examples:

2x M9 mags <-> 1x MP5 clip or 1x PDW clip

2x M9 SD mags <-> 1x MP5 SD clip

200Rd belt M249 <-> 7x STANAG clips (with one of those clips missing 10 bullets(left to right) or being left out with 10 bullets in it (right to left))

8x Makarov mags <-> 1x Bizon SD mag (RL version of suppressed Bizon - Bizon-2-03 - uses standard 9x18mm Makarov rounds)

Or maybe, ‘add bullets to a clip’ feature? A great way to be able to use ammo you cannot in your current weapon or consolidate it to liberate the much desired inventory space.

For example: add a Makarov mag to a Bizon SD clip or a STANAG clip to a 200Rd Belt M249 or a M9 clip to a MP5 clip resulting the current bullet counts from initial clips to be added to latter ones. I am guessing this one would be a bit burdensome to code but would greatly advance in-game experience.

Additionally, now that people will run out of bullets as a part of the gameplay, would it be possible to address how we switch to a hatchet? The ‘drop the primary weapon on a ground while being mobbed by zombies’ routine is far from being effective, especially at the time when it becomes the last option available. Is there a technical issue that prevents making the primary weapon being ‘shouldered’ while hatchet in use? It would be great to be able to switch to a trusty hatchet without parting with the rifle you carry, especially if you have no means of stashing it in a backpack.

FeroMax

• Like 6

Agreed, alternatively you can have a smaller knife, such as the hunting knife, work as a melee weapon in the secondary slot.

idk, I don't think a hunting knife would be particularly good against zeds. the hatchet and crowbar make sense because they're heavy enough to knock a zombie back and long enough to give you some breathing room. if anything a knife would be pretty weak and probably not too useful

oh good. It was getting boring hermiting in the woods because of any good loot area having artifacts.

Is it really an exploit if it hasn't been addressed?

of course infinite ammo is an exploit. I really don't understand the mentality where people seem like they can't figure out what cheating is and isn't

someone said there was nothing wrong with it because "everyone knows about it". this thinking just boggles my mind. people really convince themselves that cheating is OK

• Like 4

It appears that vehicles (functional or potentially functional ones, not the decorative ones) are also a source of graphical artifacts. I met up with some friends with a Heli and couldnt see anything but artifacts when looking towards it. Also I witnessed another player crash and explode a UAZ into a tree and then began seing artifacts the color of the fire it was spewing.

My tents have been duping since the last patch, as a result, my whole crew now have......

NVG's, MP5SD's, M4A3 CCO's, infinite mags, infinite food/water/morphine etc....

As an honest player i feel bad about this and would like to see this fixed the most because DayZ just feels pointless now.

Did you just first admit to cheating and then saying that you were an "honest player"? Puhleeze.

only 1 week left of infinite ammo cherno sniping :(

just dont update

I've been told some server admins could disable von completely somehow if they wanted to.

Really? Hmm I'll have to ask the server admin if he has it disabled, because I know it uses extra bandwidth but when people are trying to talk to you over it and in a tense situation and they expect you to respond via voice, kinda sucks. I was well within the 40m or so (I was like 10-15m away from the guy) when he said he was talking over von so it wasn't a distance issue.

Did you just first admit to cheating and then saying that you were an "honest player"? Puhleeze.

there's a lot of this mentality going around. it seems it's basically:

"I cheat because I can and it's up to rocket to stop me"

I understand that we're supposed to be helping by finding and reporting these exploits, but if you continue to use them for your benefit, that is what it is... cheating!

• Like 4

Fixing loot storing such as tents and vehicles should be prioritised as it is the main cause of the game, to stack up on supplies and survive.

• Like 1

Really? Hmm I'll have to ask the server admin if he has it disabled, because I know it uses extra bandwidth but when people are trying to talk to you over it and in a tense situation and they expect you to respond via voice, kinda sucks. I was well within the 40m or so (I was like 10-15m away from the guy) when he said he was talking over von so it wasn't a distance issue.

he could have been on the wrong channel. they should just disable the group and vehicle channels so there's no confusion

• Like 1

can we please start with a gun again and some food/soda. how about a bike also. just the basics to get you going. also please increase the spawn of food and health items in the houses and maybe low tier weapons.. this game is really annoying because of that. also you should be able to find the utility items more, add them to the spawn of things in towns, like outside houses or inside them. this game needs to be less masochist foe at least the basics and then it should get harder for the high tier weapons. you should serious be able to find all the basics in the beginning small towns more...

idk, I don't think a hunting knife would be particularly good against zeds. the hatchet and crowbar make sense because they're heavy enough to knock a zombie back and long enough to give you some breathing room. if anything a knife would be pretty weak and probably not too useful

I look at it like in the Walking Dead, how they can kill zombies with screwdrivers by shoving it in their eyes and destroying the brain.

Ok my official 1.7.2.4 bug list regarding tents that I would LOVE to see fixed in this patch:

They still duplicate, no matter how many times I pack them up they still reappear next server restart.

Still not correctly saving their inventory. As a test put some items in a NEW tent, saved it a couple times and ran around for a bit before logging off. Server restart = empty tent.

Still duplicating items inside them if you pack the tent and take it down, it will reappear next server restart will inventory it last had/

Same issues as 1.7.2.3 and below, still not fixed like stated in the 1.7.2.4 patch notes.

Can we please get an actual working tent fix? This is getting annoying having to deal with all these tents that keep reappearing on me after I pack them up and want them gone from that location.

can we please start with a gun again and some food/soda. how about a bike also. just the basics to get you going. also please increase the spawn of food and health items in the houses and maybe low tier weapons.. this game is really annoying because of that. also you should be able to find the utility items more, add them to the spawn of things in towns, like outside houses or inside them. this game needs to be less masochist foe at least the basics and then it should get harder for the high tier weapons. you should serious be able to find all the basics in the beginning small towns more...

yeah rocket should start us with an m4a1, a secondary, a grenade and some flash bangs.

Would be incredibly useful.

Also how about a knife button on V and why doesn't rocket charge us $60 a year for the game with slightly different weapons and skins each time?

• Like 2

Please add a cooldown to the Respwn-Button and enable it again. Every day I spawn in NOVY in a glitchy house.

like that:

Mostly I die, but today I was stuck. Sucked hard.

I've had this before and I'd died in Stary...I managed to get out of the floor by getting up near the door I think...I was bleeding and passed out but i managed to survive! Then I met up with my friend within 10 mins and we carried on! Much better than the 30 min run from the coast!

Can you please fix tents in soon? in particular, tent placement and loss of gear access (when in/near a tree) is still a problem.

P.S. Keep up the good work. DayZ still has a long way to go but its still a blast even now, despite what all the haters say =)

he could have been on the wrong channel. they should just disable the group and vehicle channels so there's no confusion

True on this also. I would like to see the default channel when you join into the game default to DIRECT COMMUNICATIONS instead of group/vehicle. This can cause some confusion for newer players who are trying to use VON on direct but instead they are on group or vehicle and well we can't hear you on that channel. That's why I have a key bound for direct communications VON so just in case I'm on the wrong channel it still goes through direct comms but yeah I'd LOVE to see direct communications as the default channel when you join into the actual game, no need to be on any other channel as no one can see what you type/hear you anyways.