rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Backpack fix would be nice. Upgraded from a Alice to a Coyote and stupidly went take backpack without dropping my old one and lost my L85 and other stuff. Would it be possible to make the take backpack option transfer all your gear into the new one?

Is there no way to fix duplication? What about disabling backpack usage from other people for a bit, disabling tents, and during the 5 second logout save your character. I'd much rather have something that punishes the dupers and not just those that play legitimately. I can drop my stuff on the ground if I need to, and I don't have a reason to hoard weapons.

Doesn't matter though really. I trust it will get fixed in the time ahead.

hey guys DayZ is good but as is far as i can tell its not the barbed wire that mainly causes the Grapical glitch is object texture error caused by trying to alter them the objects ive noticed that cause this glitch some wrecks sometimes barbwire or bodies but mainly body bags and tents ive experimented with them and i get the worst errors tears ect aound BB's and tents just thort id let you guys know as ive been a beta tester for many games and make a excerted effort to find and locate the problem have a lil knowledge in locating errors in textures and stuff also so plz dont say we know or no your wrong i may not know the technical phrase for something doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about ive played games for 20+ years and liek what your doing with arma good work but theres alot that needs fixing ive been oneshoted by zombies a few times and the reaction time of zombies to noise needs to be dulled ie a gunshot will grab thier attention but unless they have a direct LOS they should only start moving any your direction not come spring at you or your position and ontop of that the number of zobs spawning should also be fixed as in a max count for a area and only resets after u leave that area die or log out also vehicle i think should respawn if they have not been used in 24 hours this would cause groups to remain logged in and allow those that need the vehicle a chance to use 1 or maybe vehicles be logged to those that discover them and save them to their profile with a max of 3 vehicles per person that way the can find a vehcile and save it then log and will respawn a new vehicle wen thy are not on the server just a suggestion to think about well thats my 2 cents :thumbsup:

• Like 2

* [FIXED] Ammunition amounts not loaded in properly (Now records used ammunition correctly)

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

I already see the crying incoming how "hard" DayZ will be when you don't have infinite ammo anymore.

• Like 1

ammo working= a new GAMe!!

Only for legit players since dupers gonna dupe on....

• Like 2

He means those lines right? They really piss me off!

"the more you talk about duping the more the new people that don't know about duping are going to want to find out about it. "

Irrelevant , it's endemic anyway. And if it can be fixed we should get a server wipe anyway.

I'm intrigued that rocket says it cant be fixed in the Mod as well as I assume the items are stored on the HIVE server I would have though duplicate ID's would be easy to spot and delete.

It's hardly Irrelevant .... with 900k players it will probably be trending shortly.

I found Camo so I took off my Alice pack and put the Camo on. After putting it in my screen went strange and I had another Alice pack on despite mine being on the ground.

Please, please, please, prioritize fixing the tents. My old trusty tent that worked perfectly won't save anything after the 1.7.2.4 patch, but will rather just revert to the items that were inside pre-patch. The tents that didn't work before don't work now, either. Right now, I've lost most of the incentive to play, since whatever loot I grab and can't carry is lost forever.

• Like 1

One spawned at hospital tent in Cherno, 3 days ago. 1724.

This is where I usually find mine. I've found two or three at the army tents on the east side of Cherno.

The only thing I don't like about the ammo fix is that combined w/ the last damage patch, the 1911 is nothing more than a paperweight. Also, like someone said earlier, dupers gonna dupe. :(

Edited by joemiken

I'd like to see the random broken legs fixed, I returned to my player today and he had a broken leg? And stop things breaking legs so damn easily!

• Like 1

looted a deer stand, found aks-74 kobra, threw away some loot from the backpack and took the cobra. Then relogged because I had to leave for a while. When I returned, there was no cobrai n my pack, and no loot at the deer stand. the shit I removed from my backpack was still there. Plz fix it.

Edit: TENTS STILL DONT SAVE. ALL THE STUFF IN MY TENT DISAPPEARED.

dude chill the fuck out, i lost an SVD camo, you dont see me going mental about it -.-

I haven't peaked at the source for either DayZ or ARMA 2 but I feel like taking a stab at this one anyway.

To serial number every item with a unique ID would be incredibly taxing in every aspect. This would be the case, I believe, because best practice (I assume) would be to give each item a generic item code (which I'm sure the game all ready does) then give it a unique item code, like a serial number. That unique item code would then be bound to your account in the central server.

To parse through a huge (re: gigantifuckingnormous) database that comprised not only every item in the entire server you are on but every item laying on the ground as well and comparing those numbers against the player database to see who owns it (if anyone) would be incredibly taxing. Not to mention if anything desynchronizes it could be a server wide disaster; a "dogs fucking cats" type of calamity. Then, regardless of these efforts, a new dupe method would be found. You can take that to the bank bro.

I think the best bet here is to wait for the standalone and try to mitigate these problems more when he's got access to source. Over riding a bagillion methods to stop something that most likely won't be stopped anyway is a bit superfluous.

Not if the database/server is designed with extensibility in mind. You can modularize systems like this to handle this. Rather than having one database system handle all of this information, you can have several components process different kinds of requests and send data to the database.

Its not possible to get meat from gutted animals in current version.

Also to keep people from diconnecting in combat, could the detection of current shot shock be a way to help that?

Its not possible to get meat from gutted animals in current version.

Also to keep people from diconnecting in combat, could the detection of current shot shock be a way to help that?

You still can, I did just last night. You have to have enough room in your inventory I think. Too few spaces in your inv and the meat doesn't show up (not even the "gear" or "take meat" options)

My tents have been duping since the last patch, as a result, my whole crew now have......

NVG's, MP5SD's, M4A3 CCO's, infinite mags, infinite food/water/morphine etc....

As an honest player i feel bad about this and would like to see this fixed the most because DayZ just feels pointless now.

P.S infected need to be heaps harder, it should be infected you have to worry about the most, not bandits.

• Like 1

Rocket, please fix the following issues in this patch if possible. Everybody's asking for them, and they seem simple (I'm a games programmer myself), it'd really improve the gameplay.

1. If possible, fix duping items from tents.
  2. When putting items into a full backpack, it removes the item. Please make the "open bag" GUI consistent throughout, the one you see when picking up gear from the ground is much more user friendly.
  3. Zombies cause bleeding on just one hit, I'm not sure if this is deliberate but it seems to be inconsistent.
  4. Equipping some clothing can cause items such as backpacks to disappear (cannot replicate).
  5. Sometimes it isn't possible to retrieve meat gutted from an animal.

Thanks Rocket!

Edited by kurozael
  • Like 2

I'd like to see the random broken legs fixed, I returned to my player today and he had a broken leg? And stop things breaking legs so damn easily!

drink less soda and more milk it does a body good and builds strong bones!

• Like 2

Zombies cause bleeding on just one hit, I'm not sure if this is deliberate but it seems to be inconsistent.

Thanks Rocket!

Bleeding, knock out, broken bones are all probabilistic, so every time you get hit there is a change of these happening. These may chances increase the less blood you have, as is the case for KO i believe.

• Like 2

It's possible to get meat, just hard, hard to walk around it, move back a bit, go back to it until you see the icon for gear. Wild boars and sometimes sheep disapear way too fast.

Anyway... tried the trick to get rid of artifacts by setting sceneComplexity to 100000 - that is 100k , it was 1 million before... but it didn't do anything.

Just for kicks, I spent 20 minutes trying to reach the hospital by looking at the sky or at the sides, reached the road the hospital is on and some jerk shot me with ak from inside the tent by the hospital or from the roof. Completely pointless as I was prone and obviously looking all over the place... well, i guess that's dayz.

In regard to tracking spawned stuff, it really shouldn't be that hard or heavy on the database.... all items on floor get a null or zero ID, when picked up the first time the hive assigns them a unique ID, when transferred, they get transferred to new user so next time a player loads the game and his player gets created, he no longer receives the old item.

It's a 64 bit unsigned value, 8 bytes... even with 2 million players times 20 items average in inventory we're still looking at 40 million items, about 8% of 32bit unsigned max if my math is right... maybe even an unsigned 32 bit value (2 billion ids) would work.. could even be an auto increment value.. As items are used, you just delete the record from DB...

In the worst case, once a week do a 5-10 minute maintenance pause where you reindex the IDs so that the ids of dropped rows are assigned to existing items and the top value gets decreased to keep it below 32bits or 64 bits maximum. Or it could even be done in the background while certain players are offline - check who's offline and edit the unique ids of the items in inventory to take values closer to zero, which are not used (consumed/dropped items).

• Like 4

Eliminating duping in the mod is impossible.

I can improve things better than they are, but this must be solved in the engine source.

Can't you just tell your bossman to get it fixed?

And people like you were probably annoyed when they took it out.

I don't mind it, but a melee weapon would be nice. It's not like it's hard for vets to find a weapon and avoid zombies. However, it is incredibly frustrating for new players, who don't know where to go or how to do it, to defend themselves with just a flashlight. It causes tedium, and that's not good for a first impression.

its called a hatchet and its the easiest weapon to find and it is a melee weapon. learn about a game before you jump into it. there are instruction videos that show you everything you need to know on youtube. please don't waste space on the forums with ignorance. also there is a place for suggestions on this forum. this is not the place for suggesting things especially if you are suggesting something that already exists in the game.