anthony_henson2003@yahoo.com

**Quality DayZ Server Hosting** ~BEC~ |HFBSERVERS.COM| Highest Performance

This mod may have been developed by few but was made none the less for the enjoyment of the many.

This mod is in alpha state Jon. This is not a AAA title being released by a studio after having gone through all stages of development. This is a free mod and this IS the testing. There have been talks of a standalone component later possibly and, supposedly, this already works well on top of Arma 3.

His mod, his rules. He gets to decide how things are used in order to fully process and utilize the data coming from the servers. Things like persistence aren't free but the mod is. This is his creation and these are the terms of use. It's as simple as that.

Personally, I don't believe the persistence adds anything to the experience and that servers (communities) should be operated in the same fashion as Minecraft. However, these are the conditions for hosting a server and you're certainly not the first person to have a differing opinion. To be blunt, however, that's not going to deter hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands) of servers from popping up because the mod is just so much fun.

As for administrating your server, you still have every right to ban or kick people who use racist, bigoted, or just generally malicious comments. You still have every right to pursue and protect your server from individuals who may glitch, cheat, and exploit the rest of the community. I don't see what the problem is that you have about administrating a server.

Reersh,

Firstly you're defending the developer as if you have a dog in the race. If you were he, or any of that team, then surely you know my comments are not in any way rude. The simple fact is if the server was being hosted by the developer, then they should have a right to limit Admins to banning , kicking, reserving spots on the server, naming the server as they see fit, etc.

However when they take it a step further requiring servers be no less than 40 slots, have to be named a specific way, HAVE to be public. To take it a step further you cannot kick a player on your own will for your own reasons. That in itself is not about the mod that is about the freedom of choice. The mod is one thing, the rule that a person using said mod on their own server has to adhere to a very strict rule enforcement is completely another thing my friend.

I understand you are passionate about this mod, I'm becoming that way as well-I personally believe that the rules and regulations set forth in the operation and handling of these servers is completely absurd. I'm not sure if there has been this kind of precedent in any other games, and if so could you tell me examples of that?

Certainly not trying to flamed by fan boys - trust me last thing I'd want. I do however think a respectful conversation can take place about this. Using the cliche, his mod his rules is fine. His mod his rules on his server. His mod, on others servers should be their rules. It is a mod, not the game.

I look forward to your response though!

Guys,

If you have any questions, jump onto the HFB Support TS3 Server: 69.46.34.162:10307

I just ordered a server a few hours ago, jumped on and they let me know what the accurate status of the box was. So if you have any queries, jump on and the staff can help you out :)

In regards to the debate in this thread: your thoughts, opinions and feelings on whether or not rocket's actions and administration of his alpha test for DayZ are completely moot and irrelevant. He's gonna run it the way he wants, beginning and end of story.

To the more relevant topic of the service being provided by HFBServers.com, I will say one good thing and one bad thing to those investigating HFB for your hosting needs:

GOOD: Excellent server hardware. Plenty of RAM/CPU and playing on these servers is like laying down on a feather-top mattress after years of hard army cots. Seriously smooth.

BAD: Customer service. I understand it was better before, but it is apparent that the two man team handling this simply can't cope with the volume they are trying to get in. While I don't blame them for not being superhuman, all-in-one Customer Service/Server Installation/Maintenance and Updating machines, I believe some blame can fairly be placed on them for biting off more than they can chew. Would really like them to halt new sales until they get some more support staff.

And for God's sake, populate your FAQ and Knowledgebase sections. You have to have answered thousands of questions in the last two weeks that could simply have been put in there and referenced instead of leaving people hanging for (literally) days at a time.

As for me personally, I will be exploring other options at the end of my first billing cycle, though I fear no one else will come close to matching the low price HFB offers for such nice hardware.

I am going to hold off looking for another host until I see how well the control panel works/if they keep my inverse time cycle on the server migrations. I can run on autopilot for the most part. So I am forced to submit tickets to get anything done with my server. As it stands my server is unpopulated because it still shows the old server version in the name because furball didnt have time to change the titles on all the servers.So thats incredibly gay...

I am a little afraid of whats going to happen when 1.7.1.2 comes out. This update is very important as it put food, and water, back into the loot pools. So this needs to be installed for us asap. If furball handles this update like he did the last its probably going to be a bit much for many of his clients to handle.

It hasnt launched yet, so we will have to see what happens when it does.

In a response to a support ticket furball said myself, and one other client were outraged over the lack of support and server update time frame. I find this hard to believe reading this forum alone. He really needs to hire some dedicated support staff, and work a lot of this shit out. He should have never taken 200 more clients. Thats just rediculous for a 2 man team, and he should definately stop taking new orders until he gets more staff so he can try to provide what service you can to such a large server pool for one man.

Get more staff man, thats the big thing...you have too many servers to handle yourself.

the managed service name was very miss understood so it was changed. We only provide dayz install and setup (updated to the beta patch at the time). Or a control panel install option for the dedicated servers. Simply download this hfbservers.com/update.rar and extract it to the server directory replacing all the older files.

Thank you sir.

I logged on via RDP to our server' date=' downloaded and extracted the update.rar. All appears to be up and running at this time.

For future reference, will this be the process by which we need to update our dedicated server with you? Will you update the update.rar every time there is a new beta for ArmA as well as DayZ updates?

Thank you in advance.

FoE Buzz

[/quote']

HFB, Could you notify us in here when the update.rar file is swapped with the current version? That way we can pull it down and get this run asap.

Thanks.

Would like to know too. Been about 30 minutes or so.

I'm wondering if Rocket is going to roll out another fix real quick to solve the hatchet/crowbar bug.

Anybody able to update yet?

I wouldn't even think they are going to roll out the update, it seems it's the worst one yet.

It's so damn broken... -_-'

At the moment a mission ID update is being rolled out.

Servers will be updated directly after that. This will be an enforced update, so it will update automatically.

From my ticket

I hope it won't affect any of our vehicles. Have you considered starting a twitter page for these sorts of updates considering it took me a while to find this thread?

Any news on update? Last twitter said rolling out 3 hours ago?

He probably stopped updating the servers and i hope he did. I don't think there has been a 1.7.1.2 server that has been up for more than 30 minutes without crashing due to the bug. Just wait for the next version.

Why the fuck did my server just get a FORCED update to 1.7.1.2?

I don't want a version thats just going to crash my server every 30mins...

Hope to see a rollback version soon!

Why the fuck did my server just get a FORCED update to 1.7.1.2?

I don't want a version thats just going to crash my server every 30mins...

Hope to see a rollback version soon!

Just wait for the hotfix and chill out. When they update the hive everyone needs to get updated, it's not really a matter of choice. If you don't get updated, you run the potential to be blacklisted as I understand it, whether the patch sucks or not. It's not how I would do things, but I'm not in charge of either system. Realistically the issue should be resolved soon and the 1.7.1.3 will make its way through the ecosystem.

As for the updates, I see why they almost force them though. With most people using six-launcher and automatically updating it creates constant problems if you try to keep an out-dated server up.

Will you guys provide a rollback to 1.7.1.1 or earlier? 1.7.1.2 fucked everything up...

I hope it won't affect any of our vehicles. Have you considered starting a twitter page for these sorts of updates considering it took me a while to find this thread?

Putting in a ticket now because I think it did - coincidentally enough, lost a camp and several vehicles yesterday. No bueno man.

Yup, kinda annoying to be waiting for the host to put them available to us, while we could do it much faster ourselves if we had access to the server files themselves.

I also put 3 support tickets in today about 8 hours ago and no answer yet.

HFB: please give the people who are renting a server from you access to the server admin google group or whatever is used to distribute the files.

While the install function in the Updates section of the CP makes updating super simple, maybe new patches can initially be accessed by a link to a .rar file after logging in at HFB. If HFB could quickly throw those files up first and give us a link, then work on updating the CP/Updates/Install function afterwards, those of us willing to download, then manually upload the updated files would be able to get our servers updated and online on our own very quickly.

As it stands we are going on 2.5 hours since the DayZ update was released with no way to update.

I would just like to play the game only option I have is 1.7.1.2. im not gonna waste my time and fuck up my server instaling it. But I cant play untell I install 1.7.1.4. I hope HFB get's a move on so I dont waste another day off of work with nothing to play!