anthony_henson2003@yahoo.com

**Quality DayZ Server Hosting** ~BEC~ |HFBSERVERS.COM| Highest Performance

yeah I was like the 4th customer or some shit, I followed their advice to register, but only got access to the billing panel. No control panel...and they are not responding to my ticket about fixing it. So right now my server is a brick, and I cannot play on it...

There are still over 100 clients not on the CP and over 100 on it. The people not on the cp will get access to the CP when they renew for the next month which is also when all of the dallas servers will be moved to seattle.

We did extensive testing regarding connection, ping, etc and found that when the server is closer to the HIVE the benefits are a lot better then being further from the HIVE and having the server closer to your personal location. Since ping in dayz does not matter as much as it does in games like counter strike this change is more for the benefit then loss. I have spoken with the other large provider of dayz servers (The owner of Vilayer) and he agreed with what i said above.

All the servers on the CP were updated but the non cp ones are being updated manually. Which as you can imagine updating 100+ servers takes time. Saying your server is a brick and can't be used is simply false. Your server can very much be used all you have to do is not update right when it comes out. We chose to wait and not update them to 1.7.1 right when it came out because we had a feeling there would be another update very soon after.

Now i need to get back to updating servers.

Thanks

Anthony

There are still over 100 clients not on the CP and over 100 on it. The people not on the cp will get access to the CP when they renew for the next month which is also when all of the dallas servers will be moved to seattle.

We did extensive testing regarding connection' date=' ping, etc and found that when the server is closer to the HIVE the benefits are a lot better then being further from the HIVE and having the server closer to your personal location. Since ping in dayz does not matter as much as it does in games like counter strike this change is more for the benefit then loss. I have spoken with the other large provider of dayz servers (The owner of Vilayer) and he agreed with what i said above.

All the servers on the CP were updated but the non cp ones are being updated manually. Which as you can imagine updating 100+ servers takes time. Saying your server is a brick and can't be used is simply false. Your server can very much be used all you have to do is not update right when it comes out. We chose to wait and not update them to 1.7.1 right when it came out because we had a feeling there would be another update very soon after.

Now i need to get back to updating servers.

Thanks

Anthony

[/quote']

Thanks for the response. Dropped you a PM for the server I'm assisting admin with. I've shut it down in lieu of awaiting the update. Checked with the purchaser and it doesn't look like we got web portal access immediately.

Thanks,

- Redact

This is not a false statement, the current version of the game does not work on your servers, and rocket has said in the past that servers that are not update will be dropped from the hive. I have been waiting all damn day for you guys to update my server, and I have sent support tickets in to no avail. I have also e-mailed you directly. I tried going through all the proper channels, but recieve no support. I want to be able to play on my server. It has been over 12 hours...that is not an acceptable turn around time.

As far as accessing the CP, I have followed everything you asked of me so w/e

Whats up with all teh confusing price changes? In the last week you have had 3 different price scales.

What about people running $20/month 25 person servers? Are we going to be forced to up the servers to 40 slots and pay $35 a month?

Starting at $25?

Now it's $35 and no 25 man slots, it's 40 slots or above.

They also need to hurry up and update the servers.

They needed to hurry up and update the servers last night, and they need to hurry up and actually have a support team...

Admin for an instanced 25slot server just launched with HFB and having some problems...

-Unable to figure out how to update to DayZ 1.7.1.1(assuming you need to do this...if so, is there an ETA?)

-Unable to figure out how to update to Arma2 93825(config file says we're still on 93701. Assuming you need to do this...if so, is there an ETA?)

-Unable to figure out how to change our GMT+/- setting(Can I even do this on an instanced server with you guys? Other hosting companies have apparently figured out how to offer varying times on instanced servers on one single box meaning those instances aren't forced to use the box time.)

-I do have CP access but no RCON yet. Do I use the BE RCON?

Thanks.

Admin for an instanced 25slot server just launched with HFB and having some problems...

-Unable to figure out how to update to DayZ 1.7.1.1(assuming you need to do this...if so' date=' is there an ETA?)

-Unable to figure out how to update to Arma2 93825(config file says we're still on 93701. Assuming you need to do this...if so, is there an ETA?)

-Unable to figure out how to change our GMT+/- setting(Can I even do this on an instanced server with you guys? Other hosting companies have apparently figured out how to offer varying times on instanced servers on one single box meaning those instances aren't forced to use the box time.)

Thanks.

[/quote']

To update log in to the CP. Click on Game Services. Click on Manage. Click on Updates. Install the top one only (DayZ 1.7.1.1 + Beta 93825.

In the Configuration Files (same page as Updates), click on the text editor for the cfgdayz\server.cfg and change your host name info.

Last I heard from HFB there was no way to alter the time.

-Unable to figure out how to update to DayZ 1.7.1.1(assuming you need to do this...if so' date=' is there an ETA?)

Thanks.

[/quote']

To update log in to the CP. Click on Game Services. Click on Manage. Click on Updates. Install the top one only (DayZ 1.7.1.1 + Beta 93825.

In the Configuration Files (same page as Updates), click on the text editor for the cfgdayz\server.cfg and change your host name info.

Last I heard from HFB there was no way to alter the time.

I see no "updates" in the server's manage page. No buttons, tabs, anything. The phrase "update" isn't even found on the page.

"// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; //

onUserDisconnected = ""; //"

How do I turn these settings on through server.cfg?

Time changes would be much appreciated as well.

as far as the inverse time, I have it set up on my server, create a ticket they know how.

as far as the inverse time' date=' I have it set up on my server, create a ticket they know how.

[/quote']

Do you have a game server, or a dedicated server?

I was told that it was not possible due to the fact that I have a game server and that it would affect others on my box.

I have Seattle 31, and asked them to get with others on the box for a time change if possible.

as far as the inverse time' date=' I have it set up on my server, create a ticket they know how.

[/quote']

Do you have a game server, or a dedicated server?

I was told that it was not possible due to the fact that I have a game server and that it would affect others on my box.

I have Seattle 31, and asked them to get with others on the box for a time change if possible.

Other hosting companies have implemented the ability to change timezones on an instanced server, somehow bypassing them relying on the time of the physical box they installed are on. If other companies have done it I'm sure HFB can too.

When asking about the Time offset and server messages for connecting and disconnecting players, this was the reply.

"Hey there, those messages are turned off at a mod-level for new servers and is not something we can change. The time cannot be changed on our shared hosting as it would affect other users on the machine. If you wish to have this sort of control, then I recommend that you have a look at our dedicated options."

I have a game server and inverse time.

Also for inverse time, what time does it get dark and what time does sun come out?

My server is on pst, so if you could associate it with the server's local time that would be awesome, Thx danile

And still waiting for my server to update, getting very upset over the lack of support and the poor me excuses from furrball.

Well they did it for me, and unversed it for the location, which works well. Sounds like they are trying to milk the extra cash from you?

Dallas 24 is the server I have, but they are refusing to update it in a reasonable time though.

I finally got a response that it was updated, I will check Ina. Bit.

Yeah, currently Anthony and HFB have me on UTC-9 as I was the first or second customer. I was told that I would be moved off my current box at the end of this billing cycle. I'm not sure of the reason but I would hope my server and settings would remain the same, having agreed on these settings originally.

When asking about the Time offset and server messages for connecting and disconnecting players' date=' this was the reply.

"Hey there, those messages are turned off at a mod-level for new servers and is not something we can change. The time cannot be changed on our shared hosting as it would affect other users on the machine. If you wish to have this sort of control, then I recommend that you have a look at our dedicated options."

[hr']

I have a game server and inverse time.

Also for inverse time' date=' what time does it get dark and what time does sun come out?

My server is on pst, so if you could associate it with the server's local time that would be awesome, Thx danile

[/quote']

If they are unable to change times on instanced servers without affecting other instanced servers on the same box, my group of friends may need to move our business to someone who can. Not trying to be a dick at all with this post, just saying this is an important feature that we need that other companies can apparently offer on an instanced server which is a better and more logical option than being forced to a more expensive dedicated box just to host our single 25slot server.

P.S. Still waiting on replies from HFB on my above post.

we only allowed a few customers to have adjusted times originally. As far as the few responses about the 25 slot vs the 40 we offer now. Rocket has made it clear that he wants all servers to be 40 or above from now on. 25 slot servers are not allowed any more.

We have some plans for times and what not but those will be coming in the future. We know how most companies are doing the time changing which atm we could do but it would not be exactly what we want. Just give it some time.

You have to remember the amount of access we are giving people is actually a lot atm. You get full ftp access to your server. Along with a full featured Control panel that allows start stop do scheduled restarts and the ability to view your servers console. Setting up things like rcon and what not is all done by the client allowing them/you to run the server how you like (following the rules of course)

Me and Adam have been working very hard on all these new things. I would also like to point out that i went from hosting a couple servers for my minecraft community (savage realms) to now hosting over 200 servers in less then a month. This is a lot of work and i understand the older clients are not seeing it yet. But trust me when i say. It was worth the wait.

Thanks for the info on time changing. I look forward to updates on this feature.

Still need these questions answered if you get a chance...

I'm admin for an instanced 25slot server we just launched with your company and I'm having some problems...

-Unable to figure out how to update to DayZ 1.7.1.1

-Unable to figure out how to update to Arma2 93825(config file says we're still on 93701)

-I do have CP access but no RCON yet. Can I/Do I use the BE RCON?

Several people in this thread told me to go to my server manager page and click update but there is no update. I can not find anywhere to update our beta and dayz versions.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info on time changing. I look forward to updates on this feature.

Still need these questions answered if you get a chance...

I'm admin for an instanced 25slot server we just launched with your company and I'm having some problems...

-Unable to figure out how to update to DayZ 1.7.1.1

-Unable to figure out how to update to Arma2 93825(config file says we're still on 93701)

-I do have CP access but no RCON yet. Can I/Do I use the BE RCON?

Several people in this thread told me to go to my server manager page and click update but there is no update. I can not find anywhere to update our beta and dayz versions.

Thanks.

its a little earth looking logo below where you start and stop the server that says updates. If you are a sub user of someone else then you might not see it. And you set the rcon up your self check our faq here http://www.hfbservers.com/billing/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1

its a little earth looking logo below where you start and stop the server that says updates. If you are a sub user of someone else then you might not see it.

So only the server/account owner can update? Is there a way to give non-owner admins more control on an account?

Basically this server was set up for a large group of people that are all members on a forum. One guy took the initiative to set it up but we all "own" it by taking turns paying and/or just chipping in money to the paypal account. Because of this there's going to be a select few of us that will have admin but we need full admin-level control which I would hope includes being able to update the server. What are our options considering how we are running our server?

Also, about the RCON thing, the other admin had set up BE RCON for himself yesterday and was successful but we both noticed today that the BE config file is no longer in our file list in the ACP and neither of us deleted it. What happened to it?

its a little earth looking logo below where you start and stop the server that says updates. If you are a sub user of someone else then you might not see it.

So only the server/account owner can update? Is there a way to give non-owner admins more control on an account?

Basically this server was set up for a large group of people that are all members on a forum. One guy took the initiative to set it up but we all "own" it by taking turns paying and/or just chipping in money to the paypal account. Because of this there's going to be a select few of us that will have admin but we need full admin-level control which I would hope includes being able to update the server.

What are our options considering how we are running our server?

Your going to have to ask the owner of the server (according to our billing system) to give the sub users more permissions. They have the ability to give as much or as little access for sub users as they want.