Sign in to follow this  
bappel12@gmail.com

When are the artifacts going to be fixed?

Barbed wire etc used to cause this, but I'm pretty sure it's now caused by those modelled dead military zombies you see on the floor around military bases (and central Cherno).

HOPEFULLY we don't have to wait long for this to be patched. Broken features I can live with, but when I literally can't see five metres in front of me, it's a game breaking issue that needs to be addressed immediately.

I've also found that the dead soldiers ARE causing this. I followed the artifact and it led to the soldiers, which reappeared when I walked next to them.

But it is.

Not an official patch or anything, but it's a jury rig or a quick fix. Gets rid of artifacting, so what's the matter?

did not work for me.

One thing I've found to work for me is to press 'M' in-game to open up your map, alt-tab to windows then switch back to the game, press 'M' again to close your map and you'll get the 'Receiving...' message, then everything has been fine. Works even if you don't have a map.

Try that.

One thing I've found to work for me is to press 'M' in-game to open up your map, alt-tab to windows then switch back to the game, press 'M' again to close your map and you'll get the 'Receiving...' message, then everything has been fine. Works even if you don't have a map.

Just wanted to confirm that I just tried this again and it definitely works.

Barbed wire etc used to cause this, but I'm pretty sure it's now caused by those modelled dead military zombies you see on the floor around military bases (and central Cherno).

HOPEFULLY we don't have to wait long for this to be patched. Broken features I can live with, but when I literally can't see five metres in front of me, it's a game breaking issue that needs to be addressed immediately.

My friend and I have been having the same issue. Last night only he had the issue, so we tried to pinpoint what model was causing the issues and it seemed to be the downed HUMV type trucks that are halfway sticking in the ground.

My vieo has been at default since the first day I played, but I am now experiencing artifacts worse than ever aroud military bodies. It was so terrible I could nto see anything and could not even tell what direction to go to get away from the dead bodies. I died from zombies... because I could never find a clear direction to face.

My video memory is default and always has been. SO that is not a permanent fix.

I'm getting excessive artifacting since the update. It's really bad and happens through terrain/trees. I literally can not see a thing with this going on. I think that it is the wire and bear traps as it only really happens when they're around but it's a shot in the dark at best. I've come across bear traps that didn't artifact and i've come across barbed wire that didn't artifact either. Usually happens around airfields and or grocery stores... Would really like to see this fixed. :(

Same problem here...near the balota airfield,cannot see anything! :(

I've had issues with large artifacts in Dayz like in the previous screenshots. I went through every setting to find a fix and my best solution is to:

Change Objects Detail from Very High to High. Most of them stop rendering on screen after that.

Changing HDR seems to work sometimes too. Don't know if the card types makes any difference, but i'm running a gtx670 for reference.

Edited by Kinetic33

If you set your video memory to default, it's a more permanent fix.

Done it with all 5 people in my group and it's worked.

It's not a fix, it worked for you and others because you just changed the setting. I had it on "default" and still got massive artifacts. So just changing it may fix it for some people.

I've tried any and all of the fixes, none seem to completely fix it, and the thing is they don't always work in the same way. Sometimes the changing the video memory reduces/removes it, other times it makes it much worse.

This makes firefights and looting next to impossible.

I had artifacts caused by Tank Traps. This only happened after I overclocked my graphics card (Nvdia GTX 560 Ti Superclocked) to anything above 900Mhz. Apparently DayZ and Battlefield 3 both hate overclocked graphics cards.

Id suggest that anyone with this issue to make sure your cards are at their default clocks while playing. Plenty of other players I play with are getting them though so Im not sure why some people get them and some dont.

I had artifacts caused by Tank Traps. This only happened after I overclocked my graphics card (Nvdia GTX 560 Ti Superclocked) to anything above 900Mhz. Apparently DayZ and Battlefield 3 both hate overclocked graphics cards.

Id suggest that anyone with this issue to make sure your cards are at their default clocks while playing. Plenty of other players I play with are getting them though so Im not sure why some people get them and some dont.

pls dont bump

RjgRivG.gif