rman1974

Remove NVG Poll

Remove NVG and NV/Thermal Scopes  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to remove NVG and NV/Thermal Scopes?

Calm down guys, it is just a poll - I want to know what people think about it.

I would like to remove some top guns as well (like M107, AS50, Bizon) or make them extremely rare because it is not a modern warfare game.

First of all - DayZ is completely messed up now (I mean 1.7.2.4). It became some strange version of Sniper Elite with Zombies. Now it is not a game about survival in hostile environment - it's a shooting range where bored guys who look like ghost recont unit (mainly because they are using duping exploits) just shoot some noobs who just bought Arma to play in DayZ (not for food or loot but just for lulz and score).

So I think top priorities are:

1. For Christ's sake - FIX DUPING EXPLOITS. If it's not possible to fix magic duping tents just remove tents at all for a while.

2. TOTAL RESET of all database. Tons of that duped stuff must be destroyed.

3. Fix alt+F4, server hopping, farming (I see regularly mountains of loot near NW airfield barracks), tune zombies behavior, etc

I see suggestions like "Go get your own NVG, noob!" I'll say - yes, I don't have NVG. I had it once after 3 weeks of searching (If you play fair and if you play alone it's a hard quest to get nvg) - and I lost it in the ocean due unfamous ghillie bug. I like to play at night even without NVG (I can say more - when I had one, game immediately became boring) but now there are a couple of problems. First - nights are too bright now (it's not a DayZ team fault, it happened after some arma patch which "fixed" gamma settings). Second - too few night servers (may be 10-20 of 2000) because server admins are shifting time to avoid night. I'll better start a new thread about good old pitch black night.

PS: Sorry for the mistakes - I'm not a native speaker and I'm still learning English.

Edited by rman1974

come on I just found a NVG!!! (im playing since may 4th)

and why ppl always ask for a database wipe out? client is on alpha stage atm, same as the server side. how this mod can be called persistent if devs suddenly wipe out all the data? you are focusing at wrong topics imo.

Edited by hazedaze

At least make NVGs and thermal scopes require batteries...without a power source, they're useless. Right now though, anyone who truly wants them seems to have them so later on down the road they should somehow be nerfed or removed if you ask me...but I'm probably a minority.

• Like 5

I think NVG's and thermal scopes are two different questions. I'd say keep NVG's and remove thermal scopes. When they sort out the duping problem so that NVG's become super-rare again then all will be good in the world.

No. My community has spent hundreds of man hours acquiring NVGs, Rangefinders, Coyote Backpacks and high end weaponry in a legit way. Just to have them wiped in a total reset would be a complete waste of our time. I'm not alone in saying this, there are hundreds of groups out there who play legit. At the same time I would like to see more low end weapons and have the high end weapons become more rare.

• Like 4

At least make NVGs and thermal scopes require batteries...without a power source, they're useless. Right now though, anyone who truly wants them seems to have them so later on down the road they should somehow be nerfed or removed if you ask me...but I'm probably a minority.

Good point about batteries.

This is a good idea, removing NVG's. I mean we don't need them since we can clearly see so well in the dark already.

• Like 1

I think NVG's and thermal scopes are two different questions. I'd say keep NVG's and remove thermal scopes.

Added option "Keep NV, remove Thermal" to the poll

nvgs are pretty rare and usefull with not every gun

they are required to see at night when its dark, giving you an advantage against players freshly spawned

i personally dont see any problem with nvgs, but duping is extremely gamebreaking

In months of play, and many, many successful trips to NW Airfield, Barracks and other such supposedly high grade loot spawn places such as deerstands and Stary Sober etc... I have still yet to find a set of NVG's or a Sniper rifle with a thermal scope.

Its either..

They are extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) rare.

or

I'm the most incredibly unlucky person roaming the land of Chernarus.

• Like 1

As an additional point I think there needs to be MORE content for high end players. It needs to be difficult to acquire and hard to find but it needs to be there. Currently I can't see a single way to improve my load-out, I have absolutely everything, NVGs, Rangefinder, GPS, Ghille, SVD Camo, M4 SD, Grenades, the lot, and with no helis a f***all else to do I'm just going round the map killing players. More high-level content and base-building would mean less banditry and more cooperation.

• Like 1

First - nights are too bright now (it's not a DayZ team fault, it happened after some arma patch which "fixed" gamma settings).

I don't know what game you are playing but it's not DayZ. In case you missed my earlier sarcasm..I mean seriously are you kidding? Nights are so fucking dark you have to crank your gamma all the way up to see at all!!! No way! You've obviously been playing on servers with higher gamma nights but I can tell you 99% of people find nights unrealistically dark....NVG's have to stay. Sorry dude, and they won't get removed anyway so poll is useless. Batteries might be a good idea though but that's the only good idea I see in this thread - oh and the duping item cleanup.

This is a good idea, removing NVG's. I mean we don't need them since we can clearly see so well in the dark already.

You realize if they were removed, flashlights would be used by people for once? It'd make for a much more survival-esque experience because using your flashlight has both pros and cons.

I think they should be, it directly supports cowards imo. Snipers already sit on hills 600+ meters away during the day, this just gives them a reason to do it a night.

I was in NWAF two days ago on a server with 5 people, two of them being friends in skype + me. I start getting shot at by some guy with nvgs (no nameplate server) and run into the hangar to get away. I sat in there with my gun at the entrance laying in the corner waiting for him to come in for I don't know how long, I finally figured hes gone (10+mins) and step out, get shot but don't die and roll my broken legged self back inside. My friend sneaks up to the ATC after arriving and kills him, he literally sat there for 10mins starring at the entrance waiting for me to come out. So he could kill me and take my makarov and lee enfield. Server hoping nvg sniper camping NWAF at night.... Sad.

Actually, most of night time I can see better without NVG because NVG has low contrast, monochrome palette and blind spots in well lighted areas. Here example - I shot some guy (I didn't kill him because he disconnected) who has NVG.

I wasn't sitting in ambush near that crashed heli - I looted it and was going away from it when I noticed that well packed guy. I immediately went prone and he walked by me really close (about 30 m) and didn't notice. As I hate guys with NVG I decided to shoot him.

Considering that the game is still in developement stages, all gear will eventually be wiped anyway. So what does it matter to anyone when that happens? There will be a point when testing will focus on droprates etc and people seem to be very efficient at forgetting that we are actually TESTING the game and helping with developement at the moment.

A wipe after fixing dupe problems would also actually make it more rewarding when you find stuff that is actually rare. And then there will be a wipe at some point again (atleast at launch).

• Like 1

Nice poll, not sure why you used it seeing you start talking about things that have nothing to do with the poll, you are not really investigating anything but just using it to draw more attention to yourself.

I'd recommend you actually start reading the forums first before you start making topics and bitching about things, there are countless posts on all of the subjects you want to remove/be fixed and they are generally much better defended then yours.

Nice poll, not sure why you used it seeing you start talking about things that have nothing to do with the poll, you are not really investigating anything but just using it to draw more attention to yourself.

I'd recommend you actually start reading the forums first before you start making topics and bitching about things, there are countless posts on all of the subjects you want to remove/be fixed and they are generally much better defended then yours.

I haven't seen any polls regarding Removing NVG. All I've seen COUNTLESS posts about high end equipment. My poll is quite simple - do people want them or don't. I don't care about attention to myself - I don't need it. Only thing I care about - where does DayZ go from now, because now it's fucked from my point of view because of duping. So my point is simpe: if you cant stop duping rare items - remove them at all, because they aren't "RARE" any more.

In months of play, and many, many successful trips to NW Airfield, Barracks and other such supposedly high grade loot spawn places such as deerstands and Stary Sober etc... I have still yet to find a set of NVG's or a Sniper rifle with a thermal scope.

Its either..

They are extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) rare.

or

I'm the most incredibly unlucky person roaming the land of Chernarus.

NVG's are always taken (you will need to arrive when loot has been cycled to even have a chance) and thermal scopes you only find in crash sites. I have found only 1 NVG and 3 L85A2 AWS in my many hours of playing.

I say don't take them out. The idea about batteries is good though.

I would like to see how removing them would change the how players deal with night.

Found 2 in the last week because i've killed 2 sniping morons ... one near Stary and the other one near Cherno ...

Everytime i'm in the Barracks its like entering a restaurant in Cherno for me ... useless ammo, some can of cokes and i suddenly realize some server hopper must have been here right before me ... lol

If you don't have NVG then you should be carrying a pack of flares at night. If your group (yes group, if you are playing solo at night with no nvg then you deserve to die) runs into a nvg hostile, everyone needs to pop their flares and use them as a shield to get into the woods and escape.

• Like 1

You realize if they were removed, flashlights would be used by people for once? It'd make for a much more survival-esque experience because using your flashlight has both pros and cons.

What are you on about? No one uses flashlights because they don't want to be seen easily, NOT because they have NVG's since they are extremely rare and most people don't have them!

Anyone saying they are not rare is lying or extremely lucky. I know heaps of ppl who have played for over 200hours, myself included, and some have found NO NVG's, some a couple of pairs, and myself ONE PAIR. One pair of NVG's in (looks at steam hour tracking) 275 hours.

I know what you are saying but even without NVG's the smart players do not switch on flashlights due to it being so easy to spot in the darkness.

Edited by Irenicus