A Bush killed me

Zombies way too hard now

Aggro from way to far away. They hit way to hard and break your legs too often. Their respawn is too fast ,too many and too random. I have to crawl around everywhere if i dont wanna agro zombies. /sigh

• Like 16

Agreed. One hit knocked me out and broke a bone while 2+ zombies mauled my face.

Luckily I was playing with a friend to save my ass

• Like 3

Agreed, theres just not enough ammo to waste on Zeds now especially when theres Bandits everyhere and the lower damage common guns don't stand a chance against a Bandits high powered rifle.

Note, i know theres headshots but the irratic movements of the zombies and the time you need to aim means Bandits have more time to snipe you now.

Now to wait for all of 'those' users to post...

Edited by Grey Warden
  • Like 3

You have a point. It can get kinda hard, especially starting off, and with limited weapons and ammo, then yeah..

But the Zombies are "Infected" like on 28 days later, so it seems natural for them to act like this. Just try possibly using houses more and don't get caught in sticky situations. Once you get up and running with good supplies, it shouldn't get as hard. Esepcially if you don't mess around doing pointless shit. :)

First zombies are too easy, now they're too hard? Come on guys, we all have to meet some where in the middle here..

• Like 7

I never thought they were too easy before, maybe alittle too blind but never too easy.

The problem with zombies now isn't imo that they are too hard to kill. However if you find yourself in need to kill a zombie you will have every zombie in miles coming running. Sort out the aggro and zombies are not that bad, Sure needs a few well placed shots or one head shot, but fully possible. It gets umpossible when one shot attracts what seems to be half the map with zombies.

• Like 6

Theres the first of 'those' users i was waiting for...take long to find those pics? I would say to you to spend your time more wisely. Really what help are you on these forums? Don't agree with a thread? Then ignore it like i do.

• Like 8

Let's be honest, there is no "realism" in a zombie being able to break your leg by "Bumping" into you, this means there is no argument for "it adds realism to the mod". I don't mind that pistols don't kill in one hit unless hit in the head, that is a fair change, even though not one made by Rocket himself, I still feel the percentage chance of a leg break is way too high.

Agree. This happened to me yesterday:

Zz9eE.jpg

They kept spawning, we had to just make a run for it. Later on I got surrounded in a building, went up some stairs but LOL I couldn't go any further. Suddenly there were zombies beneath the stairs and I couldn't even get past them. Broke our legs three times as well.

They're very easy to kill, but the spawning and leg-breaking is ridiculous.

Edited by Mrs_Murder
  • Like 3

I've been playing for a couple of months and the infected are perhaps the easiest they've been. If you fired the Lee Enfield a couple of months ago near (or in) a town you'd have had 20/30 zeds on you very quickly. Now its alot less than that -half a dozen at the most- especially if you keep moving. Hearing and seeing ranges are the easiest they've been aswell.

If I do have a problem with infected its the immersion factor. When you approach a building (or buildings) they spawn on the outskirts and walk outwards. Once you break the perimiter there are no infected in the centre (e.g. of the town/villiage).

• Like 1

Let's be honest, there is no "realism" in a zombie being able to break your leg by "Bumping" into you, this means there is no argument for "it adds realism to the mod". I don't mind that pistols don't kill in one hit unless hit in the head, that is a fair change, even though not one made by Rocket himself, I still feel the percentage chance of a leg break is way too high.

Agreed, How many times do i have to punch my own leg to break it do you think? 1-5? 6-10? 11-20? 50+?

Now a 50 cal. bullet hitting my leg is a differnt story...it simply wont be broken it'll be gone.

• Like 1

yeah zeds are op after the last update

they aggro way too easily (even sometimes when proning at distance) and when they do you get the whole town of them coming at ya.

I was crouching in an apartment (didn't pull aggro going in) and about 40 of them zerged up the stairs at me blocking any escape, I had to disconnect on the roof.

I'm all for making zombies harder than they were, but this is ridiculous to being unplayable.

I just proned through Kamyshovo and didn't agro anything. was about 20 zombies within a 50 meter radius.

you're just a butthurt baddie tbh

• Like 4

I get tired of zombies seeing me in the woods 50 meters away when I'm in a ghillie suit. That's flat out stupid.

• Like 2

Definitely think they needed a buff and they seem alright for as much as they can be alright. The only problem I would have with it is the difficulty curve. I remember as a new player it was hard enough but it'll take even more bullets to drop those zombies now. Its a lot easier for us that know the game but there is more of a steep drop off for new players.

I personally think now zombies have gone from a none-existing threat to an average threat. Before, zombies could very occasionally get a lucky hit on me when I'm low on health and knock me out or break a leg, but that was it. I was honestly surprised to see people with 70+ zombie kills when all you had to do was run through a town or forest and they're gone. I never had to kill a single zombie unless they were blocking a stairway or door.

Since the latest patch I've met more friendlies than before, tenfold. Maybe its the servers, or maybe people have realised that now the zombies have stepped up a little bit then saftey in numbers is now required a little more than running solo and not bothering to use a gun unless a player shows up. Now ammo does need to be conserved for tricky zombie hordes as well as players. The main reason, however, is now you can't just run around town shooting off your Enfield, because 15 zeds will swarm you and if they don't cause you a problem, they will at least reveal your location.

I don't want to sound as though I'm just happy with every change in every update, but I'm pretty happy with 1.7.2.4 so far, minus the graphics glitching. The zombies really needed this boost.

Edited by Anton17
  • Like 12

Agree. This happened to me yesterday:

Zz9eE.jpg

They kept spawning, we had to just make a run for it. Later on I got surrounded in a building, went up some stairs but LOL I couldn't go any further. Suddenly there were zombies beneath the stairs and I couldn't even get past them. Broke our legs three times as well.

They're very easy to kill, but the spawning and leg-breaking is ridiculous.

WTF you are using a hack!!!!!! jk ;)

That happend to us very often, too. Lucky us we have found lots of ammo.

Z behaviour and spawning is very weird atm, i have some pop up and be gone in an instant then pop up and stand in front of you. I hope it gets fixed soon. It has to the the version because before that i didn't see that much weird stuff with the Z. Suddenly standing in front of you in 1/10 of a second even if they were just 50m away like they lagged or something. The player aggor must go and be replaced by something else. Players with bad connection cause the Zs to lag around on other players and on their own PCs due to the client binding.

Oh, one thing I did forget to mention in my last post. I don't know whether its down to zombies being buffed or guns being nerfed but guess what happened today? I headshot a zombie with a revolver and it didn't die.

Did you hear that correctly?

I headshot a zombie with a revolver and it didn't die.

My zombie kills read 3, and headshots read 4. I hadn't killed any other players. I definately hit it in the head, the animation (blood) changes when you give it a headshot.

I don't think they're too strong now, but I think that was an interesting thing to point out.

Zeds are still too easy. You know there is the Hatchet - awesome silent zed killer. There are AKM/Lee one-shotting them, and HS are still valid. ANd to top that off - you can loose them in frking bushes. So yeah, well, no, they are not too hard.

• Like 1

Did you hear that correctly?

the Arma 2 1.62 Beta patch made some corrections to some of the weapons to bring them more in line with real world ballistics. Unfortunately, this also affected the damage models in DayZ. I would expect the new damage model will be adjusted in a future DayZ release.

As for the zed behavior, I just played my first game with 1724 and zombies have never been so easy....though I never had to shoot one....hell they were so easy to lose I never had to shoot. Had one walk into a log house with me and stare me in the face from 4 feet away, then turned right around and walked away.

the Arma 2 1.62 Beta patch made some corrections to some of the weapons to bring them more in line with real world ballistics. Unfortunately, this also affected the damage models in DayZ. I would expect the new damage model will be adjusted in a future DayZ release.

As for the zed behavior, I just played my first game with 1724 and zombies have never been so easy....though I never had to shoot one....hell they were so easy to lose I never had to shoot. Had one walk into a log house with me and stare me in the face from 4 feet away, then turned right around and walked away.

Yeah, had the same yesterday - several zeds were following me, I've got into the little barn, they've got inside and stood there staring at me. Then just walked away...

PS: gz on 600th post :)