A Bush killed me

Zombies way too hard now

the Arma 2 1.62 Beta patch made some corrections to some of the weapons to bring them more in line with real world ballistics. Unfortunately, this also affected the damage models in DayZ. I would expect the new damage model will be adjusted in a future DayZ release.

As for the zed behavior, I just played my first game with 1724 and zombies have never been so easy....though I never had to shoot one....hell they were so easy to lose I never had to shoot. Had one walk into a log house with me and stare me in the face from 4 feet away, then turned right around and walked away.

Yeah, I was aware of the OA patch nerfing the lower sidearms and whatnot, but not being able to kill a zombie with a revolver shot to the head? Come on...

just headshot them before you aggro them. killed 40 zombies without aggroing a single one in 20 mins yesterday for clearing purposes. I had a M4A1 SD though.. its a beast for clearing zombies ;) only problem is its redicolously hard to find ammo for it... definately switching for a M4A3 cco if i find it, as normal 30 rnd Stanag is everywhere

I disagree with the op, the infected are a joke and I hate to say it but I miss the old infected from around 1.6. Blitzed berezino yesterday at nighttime and went to almost every single loot spawn in the town and I only aggro'd 1 infected which I lost by running around a table.The only problem I had on that run in berezino was the barbed wire graphics glitch, I had the use the flush command 6 times. It seemed to only last a few minutes before I had to flush again

Edited by MurQ

you can loose them in frking bushes. So yeah, well, no, they are not too hard.

I beg to differ, I was running from a group of 5-6 Zeds and while I managed to lose 3-4 of them, there is ALWAYS 1-2 very persistant bastards that have Predator-vision and even when I weave very fast in and out of trees and bushes they STILL do their ridiculous olympic 100m sprints to keep up with me!

By the time I have actually got rid of them I'm miles from the town centre and more Zeds have spawned on the outskirts for when I try to go back in!

I'll probably get the usual "Noob you should learn how to be stealthy", well sorry but I prone and even crawl through some places but as soon as I prone-walk to enter a building, Zed(s) been aggro'd and homes in on me.

It makes me laugh they hobble round normally like a drunk and the moment they see something twitch in the distance they become a white Usain Bolt, and once they have a chance at hitting you they become a white Mike Tyson able to break your leg in an instant...

Don't get me wrong I think the game is awesome, it's just the Zombies are more of a bloody annoyance than a threat.

Resident Evil, the zeds weren't fast but you still had to be careful and watch your back

Call of Duty WaW/BO, zeds do get faster but you can still outrun them.

Dead Rising 2, zeds were EVERYWHERE but you could still get through a horde of 100's without a scratch, if they all ran you'd probably be screwed.

Dead Island, zeds walk AND run but you had the opportunity to retailiate with a melee attack if they ran straight into you.

DayZ is supposedly "the most realistic zombie game/simulator ever", well sorry but I fail to see that as it is...

*Waits for "It's in Alpha" response*

Edited by Skyl1n3
  • Like 2

The update is obviously trying to make them harder (which is good) but it broke them imo

You can't make any reliable prediction about whether or not they will aggro anymore

and when one does they all do.

It would be fine if everyone was a kitted out camping duper but that obviously isn't the case.. it needs to be balanced for newbies

I just recommended dayz to some friends and they are going to get slaugtered getting basic stuff now.

You should be able to pick off one zombie that is blocking your approach

without ALL OF THEM coming at you because you sniped one at distance

and you should be able to reliably prone past them at a certain distance

otherwise everyone will be sprinting and grabing loot and running back through the forest

making tactics like direct assault not viable because of ammo

and sneak and search too time consuming making you a massive target for bandits.

maybe revert changes but spawn more of them?

As someone said i just want a reliable way to predict if they will aggro or not. Not come sprinting at me from miles away.

Zeds are still too easy. You know there is the Hatchet - awesome silent zed killer. There are AKM/Lee one-shotting them, and HS are still valid. ANd to top that off - you can loose them in frking bushes. So yeah, well, no, they are not too hard.

The only thing I find VERY annoying (and I can't find out how to fix it) is the fact that if I have a gun or a sidearm, I CAN'T EQUIP MY HATCHET.

I'd be happy to just hack the crap out of the zombies, and conserve ammo, but I'm being forced to shoot them or drop my gun, equip my hatchet all while being brutally beaten senseless.

• Like 2

I beg to differ, I was running from a group of 5-6 Zeds and while I managed to lose 3-4 of them, there is ALWAYS 1-2 very persistant bastards that have Predator-vision and even when I weave very fast in and out of trees and bushes they STILL do their ridiculous olympic 100m sprints to keep up with me!

By the time I have actually got rid of them I'm miles from the town centre and more Zeds have spawned on the outskirts for when I try to go back in!

I'll probably get the usual "Noob you should learn how to be stealthy", well sorry but I prone and even crawl through some places but as soon as I prone-walk to enter a building, Zed(s) been aggro'd and homes in on me.

It makes me laugh they hobble round normally like a drunk and the moment they see something twitch in the distance they become a white Usain Bolt...

*Waits for "It's in Alpha" response*

QFT,

Me and my buddy were marathon running away from two of these insane zombies.

I was watching as my friend would get 50 yds between him and the zed, only for the zed to make it right back up to him in the matter of 2 seconds.

It took us going deep into the woods and me headshotting (twice) each zombie.

I don't know what this latest update did, but I'm sticking to looting deerstands and staying the f*ck away from towns and cities now.

• Like 1

I don't know what this latest update did, but I'm sticking to looting deerstands and staying the f*ck away from towns and cities now.

Sounds like a plan, I'm gonna fire it up later and see how I get on.

Edited by Skyl1n3

I think if the zeds didn't run at 200% normal speed they might actually run in a straight line. This mod uses a super shitty engine that doesn't handle change very well. And it's ridiculous when they catch up to you from 100m away but not harm you as long as you keep running. I think they should either keep up with you and be able to hit you while running (which would pretty much destroy the game) or make them run slower so they won't go in zig-zags. Call me a bad shot if you want, I don't care, but I just can't hit these zig-zagging zeds until they get up close and stop the sporadic movement but by that time I may have been hit once or twice.

Agree. This happened to me yesterday:

Zz9eE.jpg

They kept spawning, we had to just make a run for it. Later on I got surrounded in a building, went up some stairs but LOL I couldn't go any further. Suddenly there were zombies beneath the stairs and I couldn't even get past them. Broke our legs three times as well.

They're very easy to kill, but the spawning and leg-breaking is ridiculous.

that's funny, because when i'm inside a building i just 100% ignore the zombies - they walk around totally blind and if they don't 'hear' you slamming your feet against the floor they leave after about 10 seconds. yes, this does actually work inside a church.

gratz on powerlevelling your zombie kill gauge though.

if you aggro a zombie when outside, and you can't get to a building (other players risk etc) then just sprint to a nearby forest (the zombies have lower sight range there) then run around every tree to block their line of sight. after usually about 10-15 trees, they'll start 'walking' losing sight of you, once you get a fair distance away - prone. you've escaped.

Edited by tarquinbb

that's funny, because when i'm inside a building i just 100% ignore the zombies - they walk around totally blind and if they don't 'hear' you slamming your feet against the floor they leave after about 10 seconds. yes, this does actually work inside a church.

gratz on powerlevelling your zombie kill gauge though.

if you aggro a zombie when outside, and you can't get to a building (other players risk etc) then just sprint to a nearby forest (the zombies have lower sight range there) then run around every tree to block their line of sight. after usually about 10-15 trees, they'll start 'walking' losing sight of you, once you get a fair distance away - prone. you've escaped.

Gotta say on both points here...

Point 1: I was swarmed inside of a barn with at least 50 zombies pouring in ALL entrances. They did not stop, walk around aimlessly or leave. They were tracked on me and my friend and lumbered towards us endlessly.

Point B: After we made a break for the forest, we had about 12 zombies chasing both of us, after 10 minutes of straight running around trees and through bush, we had 2 zombies pacing us.

10 more minutes of that, they were STILL following us. It took 4 bullets to stop that.

It's supposed to be hard...

It's the end of civilization...

It should be harder...

Rocket out to add random roaming hoards...

• Like 2

Yeah there is a definitely an aggro problem with zombies in this games current state. Please fix this as its not working as intended.

Gotta say on both points here...

Point 1: I was swarmed inside of a barn with at least 50 zombies pouring in ALL entrances. They did not stop, walk around aimlessly or leave. They were tracked on me and my friend and lumbered towards us endlessly.

Point B: After we made a break for the forest, we had about 12 zombies chasing both of us, after 10 minutes of straight running around trees and through bush, we had 2 zombies pacing us.

10 more minutes of that, they were STILL following us. It took 4 bullets to stop that.

i've had trouble losing 1-2 zombies from the herd, sometimes you can't find a nice line of 'thick' trees or bushes - sometimes it's miles of thin trunk forest.

however, zombies have been like this for weeks already - it's nothing new. i haven't experienced any new aggro tricks from zombies, only they supposedly hear from further away. which is surely a good thing?

p.s. zombies have really strange behaviour in barns. i once had a load of zombies chasing me, then hid on the bottom level behind the boxes. ALL of the zombies walked up the stairs and then jumped out of the side of the building on the first floor (about 10 zombies dead in a neat pile outside).

zombies should be hard to lose. nothing adds more to the '28 days later' feel than having to sprint away from zombies. just turning around and firing 1-shot-instakills from your revolver/m1911 with infinite ammo (even when the glitch is fixed you still find ammo in dog houses, on doorsteps, in outhouses... literally everywhere) is crap.

Edited by tarquinbb

i've had trouble losing 1-2 zombies from the herd, sometimes you can't find a nice line of 'thick' trees or bushes - sometimes it's miles of thin trunk forest.

however, zombies have been like this for weeks already - it's nothing new. i haven't experienced any new aggro tricks from zombies, only they supposedly hear from further away. which is surely a good thing?

p.s. zombies have really strange behaviour in barns. i once had a load of zombies chasing me, then hid on the bottom level behind the boxes. ALL of the zombies walked up the stairs and then jumped out of the side of the building on the first floor (about 10 zombies dead in a neat pile outside).

Oh, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. You see, these particular zombies were in the Heaven's Gate cult and their zombie Jesus was coming to earth on a comet. You just happened to be searching around a barn for beans while they were leaving their earthly vessels.

I just cleared Vybor and only had to agro 2 zombies. I think you're all just bad and are talking out of you arses.

I just cleared Vybor and only had to agro 2 zombies. I think you're all just bad and are talking out of you arses.

Not everyone has a military grade silenced rifle.

Anything less seems to attract every god damned zombie that's been generated on the map, at least on the server I play on.

Hi i relatively new to the game playing for a week reading a lot about etc ... Its fun because its HARD .. so me is not complaining about that but a few things are very imba.

1. Died 3 time today being knocked out with a little under 8000 blood ... and i mean by first hit by the z. no chance to survive the unconsciousness ...

Thats way to hard if you die with 2/3 of your health and u cant do shit about it very frustrating

2. The evading / hitboxes of z is ridiculous - sometimes u dont hit with the hatchet them standing in ur face and sometimes u hit em 2 m away ... broken and therefore nofun/skill/learnable

3. The loot i think it should be a little more easy with the basic needs aka more loot of the shitty guns and ammo after getting your basic shit the difficulty should rise hard and fast as it is.

Maybe making high powered gun ammo very very rare.

4. I think z should decay slowly as they dont get any brains to eat and if they eat a player they should regain "blood"

5. Respawning time/amount of z´s is way to fast and not realistic and is disproportionate to the loot ..

All that said its still thrilling to play ... :D

Zombies are too easy. Just run straight through Cherno, go into a flat and you've lost most of them, and axe the remaining ones. Works like a charm every time, lol.

• Like 1

Do Not shoot in Berezino it alerts the whole town!!

lol thats where I got zerged in the apartment