A Bush killed me

Zombies way too hard now

Heres a how-to for zombies

1. Run like hell.

2. Grab a dinner bell, camp a building, flush out every zombie within a 700 km radius, loot freely.

The crawling around and zombie agro distance are as they are, they can stay, this is supposed to be realistic not easy fyi, but the respawn rate, should only respawn when you leave town or when you are not close enough to notice, that is not realistic and should be dealt with.

I completely disagree, if anything Zombies could do with being that little bit harder but that should come with better AI routines as they're added.

You don't have to crawl everywhere, you can walk upright right behind a zombie and he wont see you, you can use buildings to break line of sight and if worst comes to worst you just hide in a pine tree and they lose agro immediately.

I understand new players may find it difficult but it needs to remain as such otherwise there's nothing to occupy veteran players and left unchecked and running wild they will be a bigger threat to you than a dumb ass brain muncher.

The crawling around and zombie agro distance are as they are, they can stay, this is supposed to be realistic not easy fyi, but the respawn rate, should only respawn when you leave town or when you are not close enough to notice, that is not realistic and should be dealt with.

what do you mean "not realistic?"

~The way I see it, the town is supposed to be swarmed with zombies but the game can't show them all at once it would kill your CPU, so you only see 20 but you kill them and 20 more appear, you can keep going till you're near 100 but they do eventually stop. I like it, it makes it feel like there's a real epidemic as opposed to a handful of Zs per town.

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

Imo, problem is not zeds are too hard, it's more they are so easy to kill or loose inside buildings its not even worth sneaking around anymore... except if you RP or something...

OK i actually see ur point.. I guess the infection itself would have caused the apocalypse...

So i guess that means as survivors we're immune?

I think it would be annoying if we could be infected easily with a little drop of blood as in "28 Days Later". But I would love to see every killed survivor stand up as a zombie after 10-15 minutes to roam fully equipped (without being able to use weapons and stuff) so you need to kill the zombie to loot the corpse.

I think it would be annoying if we could be infected easily with a little drop of blood as in "28 Days Later". But I would love to see every killed survivor stand up as a zombie after 10-15 minutes to roam fully equipped (without being able to use weapons and stuff) so you need to kill the zombie to loot the corpse.

That would be nice.....say the zombie never goes away....."finds random zombie in the middle of the forest with a as50" lol

I think they need to be even harder, it will give people more of a reason to group up instead of killing each other.

i went in to the apartments in front of the hospital to kill some poor bastard probably a new spawn he was carriying a lee enfield anyways i fired at that bastard with me m14 and i agroed the whole city i fired like 30 rounds of drm clearing zombies now i carry a m4 silenced for steal kill players

If any thing I thought zombies had gotten easier. As far as evading them goes anyway, yes, they still randomly strike you down miles from a morphine shot, but them the breaks.

Easier aggro'd, yet easier to lose. I say good deal. I use to crawl around in every town, a) cause I was a noob, B) cause the zombies would never give up once they got whiff of you they would never f off.

Now, ya can just run em through some buildings or some trees and lose them. Most annoying thing about them is that one that chases you for miles and turns up whilst you're checking the out the next town. Good times.

The broken legs would be more manageable IF you allowed morphine injectors to show up inland rather than just the hospitals.

For what it's worth, morphine can be found anywhere, not just the hospitals. Make it a priority to get a couple right away (while you're still on the coast), then replenish yourself as needed so that you always have at least two. They can be found rarely in deer stands, barns, apartment blocks...

If you need to evade a zombie, follow Zer0's handy three step process.

1. Sprint into a pine tree. The low kind with branches at the ground.
  2. Stop.
  3. Do nothing else. Wait for the zombies to wander back to town.

Edited by Patient Zer0

For what it's worth, morphine can be found anywhere, not just the hospitals. Make it a priority to get a couple right away (while you're still on the coast), then replenish yourself as needed so that you always have at least two. They can be found rarely in deer stands, barns, apartment blocks...

If you need to evade a zombie, follow Zer0's handy three step process.

1. Sprint into a pine tree. The low kind with branches at the ground.
  2. Stop.
  3. Do nothing else. Wait for the zombies to wander back to town.

Thanks but I';ve never once come across Morphjine Injectors except when I found a helo crash site the other day. Everywhere else me and my mates have been and not found one which makes me think maybe it's the server? Can a server affect what spawns?

As for the Zeds, yeah they are easy if you play the engine - by that I mean you are exploiting the game code BUT if you want to play the game more like an RPG then trying to make your way through the fuckers is almost impossible when u have a party of 3. Inevitably one zombie in town will have better eyesight and see u crawling and then ur fucked because standing up takes so long.

I could just run through town, fire off an enfield, get all the zeds to chase me to the end of town and then circle back up to meet up with my mates but where's the fun in that. In the old Dayz, when the zeds just followed u forever, it was fun weaving your way through them - now it's a pointless exercise.

One last thing that aggravates me about them is the stupid pistols. If you're going to nerf the 1911 and revolver and basically require a head shot or go through your ammo completely, make them fucking easier to get a headshot.

I want the zeds to be a part of Dayz, not some annoyance that are in the way of me grabbing loot. Currently the whole model is wrong, they spot you way too easy now but then are way to easy to lose - ummm hello?

I like these new zombies.

Hard to kill (pistol nerf. To me pistols are for Zombies others guns for players), easy to aggro but also easy to lose.