Sign in to follow this  
Rising (DayZ)

Servers with Sniper Rifles Removed

I was toying with the idea of removing sniper rifles from DayZ altogether, but that will probably never happen. So maybe it can be viable as a server option. Sniper rifles are pretty much for PvP only, and if removed, maybe firefights will be more intense. People will camp rooftops with automatic rifles, instead of lying in some bush 800m away from the action. Urban combat will be like the old school Fallout games.

Just another game mode that could make things interesting.

Removing sniper rifles is a good idea and bad idea.

Pro's

1. No more people sitting at long ranges sniping people who they don't even bother looting.

2. No more spawn camping or spawn point city camping with high powered rifles.

Con's

1. You can no longer support your friends in various infiltration ops (if you have any)

Ex of above

-attacking a enemy camp

-Protecting friends from zombies

- Clearing routes for friendlies

This would affect mainly team based players who have friends to help but it wouldn't affect lone wolves as much.

A good idea yet it requires more thought. If you give admins the option to add or remove sniper rifles all together as certain ones the HIVE will have to adapt aswell as hard earned gear not working on that said server. Snipers add to the experience of DayZ and extend upon it greatly in my opinion. At the moment I'm my squad PDM or permanently designated marksman, I do scouting runs, overwatch and most importantly take out targets at a distance slow or fast.

I'd like to see this extended upon, I'd rather have more variations of sniper rifles to chose from even ones that are in ACE.

Pro's

1. No more people sitting at long ranges sniping people who they don't even bother looting.

Con's

1. You can no longer support your friends in various infiltration ops (if you have any)

Ex of above

-attacking a enemy camp

This would affect mainly team based players who have friends to help but it wouldn't affect lone wolves as much.

Sniper rifles have saved me on many occasions when I'm going Helicopter Crash Site hunting, I spot a player near my crash site and I pick them off. Another scenario is when I get into a solo fire fight e.g. 1v4 that range increases my chance of survival along with my ghillie suit. I may hide under a tree with my SVD and pop each of them at range for attempting to take me out for my high end loot. This is kind of my opposition for why I'd not like this feature added, but I'd like to see it extended upon.

Edited by Venzire

Yes, yes, a million times yes.

Would be sooooo much more fun with closer range firefights.

8 out of 10 deaths these days are too unknown snipers camping in a bush half a mile away :(

This is getting like Marathon Sniper Sim 2012 - Run 26 miles then sit a bush for 2 days......yay, great fun.....

No.

Snipers mainly provide overwatch for other players.

My group has four snipers who watch over a town as out CQB raid team moves in.

Why does everyone hate snipers. They're loud as shit and aren't effective under 300 meters really.

• Like 1

I totally agree on removing Sniper Rifles. You bascally said what I have said in other PVP related topics. Ambushes, betrayal, firefights are all more appealing to me than just dropping death without even seeing your attacker or getting a bit fo fun from it.

just turn off the free mouse wheel ranging and way point markers on all servers, sniper accuracy will drop through the floor, and a large chunk of people will abandone them simply becasue now they are having to fire so many shots to get the zeroing close enough to hit

• Like 1

Yes.

Snipers mainly provide cheap kills that take away possible tension and adrenaline for other players.

My group is the exception to the norm of lonely player killers that can't grow a pair and face others in true combat.

I get why does everyone hate snipers. They're cheap as shit and aren't effective for anything that is not murder really.

I fixed it for you.

Edited by necroslord

Omg, at all good games people like u try to make everythin easy ^^ the possibility of getting sniped is part of the game :/ the Amount of sniperrifle is unrealistic indeed.

just turn off the free mouse wheel ranging and way point markers on all servers, sniper accuracy will drop through the floor, and a large chunk of people will abandone them simply becasue now they are having to fire so many shots to get the zeroing close enough to hit

I back this. But also fewer rifles all round, and less ammo. Reward people with skill and perseverance. Take away the inflated marksmanship the game currently gives all players.

Why do people even respond to this completely useless suggestion which has 0.0% chance to be implemented? Is this really the level people think these days? :o

Sniper rifles needs to be 'really really loud', so they have the best use in the wilderness vs in a town.

Pro's

Con's

Ex of above

-attacking a enemy camp

I perform headshots on moving targets from 500 meters with FN Fal only (no scope) M14 is not that of a sniper rifle, more like a simple rifle with aim (red dot) scope, so those two guns allow to clean the route and cover ur mates easily. If you're only skilled in using M107 / AS50 insta kill guns, or spam DMR 20 bullets non-stop - then u're fucked.

I myself agree that sniper rifles, MUST be removed from this game. At least those that one-shot people. M107/AS50. But who actually cares about that? There will always be people running with hacked AS50 with Thermal Scope, and other variations of guns that should not be in this game. And I know about 10 people myself, who are running around with ACOG+M203 Launcher, or G37C Holo SD+M203 Launcher, or AS50 with thermal scope. When I ask them to drop this shit and play at least a bit fair they say smth like "haha you looser, I have better gun than you, you're just jealous. I'm running with it for a month already, nobody bans me, so gtfo"

And I've scouted myself for possible hacks for DayZ. Found about 3 legit and working ones. You can get them for 7$-15$ fee a months or for 5$ one time purchase. According to the amount of unique users comments there are about 300+ people using at least one of them. I'm deeply dissappointed in anit-cheat system of Arma.. I knew it sucked, but that hard... just really feels so boring now to play DayZ, with this Massive PvP shit and cheaters/hackers.

Edited by Delta-Dude
  • Like 1

I back this. But also fewer rifles all round, and less ammo. Reward people with skill and perseverance. Take away the inflated marksmanship the game currently gives all players.

Unfortunately these solutions never work because we gamers are trained to overcome low odds through farming, server hopping, glitching, duping, and of course sheer determination. I'm not saying don't reward the power gamers. Good players can snipe with the M16 or FN FAL just as well. I'm sure there are many other things to appeal to the hardcore gamers than a OHK weapon designed to murder other players. This is DayZ not CoD:Z.

Stop whining because someone who survived for a long period got a sniper and shot you

I am the one with the sniper rifle. I am the one who knocks.

I also found that sniper rifles are 99.99% pvp, unless some dude has so in his stash that he starts screwing around snipig zombies. I never carry a snper rifle in my hand and i KoS anyone that does. So unless you are simply admitting to the fact that DayZ = nothing but pvp @ endgame, there is no reason why they can't be removed as as server option for tactical reasons. Maybe you should be the one to stop whining because you're too scared to step into a gun fight.

Edited by Rising

People dont understand that PVP can exst without snipers and that it IS more dynamic. I think I can see the problem here.

There is no reason to be against servers having options upon creation and everyone having the enviroment as they wish. This creates a variety of options for all kinds of players. People against options are just admitting that they just want other people to be forced under the rules they like.

I haven't seen such grade of intolerance on any forums before.

I myself agree that sniper rifles, MUST be removed from this game. At least those that one-shot people. M107/AS50. But who actually cares about that? There will always be people running with hacked AS50 with Thermal Scope, and other variations of guns that should not be in this game. And I know about 10 people myself, who are running around with ACOG+M203 Launcher, or G37C Holo SD+M203 Launcher, or AS50 with thermal scope. When I ask them to drop this shit and play at least a bit fair they say smth like "haha you looser, I have better gun than you, you're just jealous. I'm running with it for a month already, nobody bans me, so gtfo"

Freaky great idea and this would work rather well.Take away the rifles that blow people up and just have sniper rifles that need skill by a head shot or player lives is great for gameplay.Who cares about the ant-materiel attacks on vehicles.Put in a few spawns of rocket launchers with very low ammo to keep it sane.

Guess I totally got the wrong impression when I knew this game. I thought it was the classic zombie survival concept but in an awesome engine. But truth is, it is just the same war game wth zombies getting in the way. Even I see suggestins for rocket launchers! This is just an ugly hybrid game. Let's see what War-Z turns out to be.

If you take away snipers from legitimate players, there will be no one to deter the thousands of hackers that will have free reign over all the defenseless people without snipers. Rules are made for those who choose to follow them. Everyone will still be raped by snipers from afar, just now you'd have no chance to fight back.

Guess I totally got the wrong impression when I knew this game. I thought it was the classic zombie survival concept but in an awesome engine. But truth is, it is just the same war game wth zombies getting in the way. Even I see suggestins for rocket launchers! This is just an ugly hybrid game. Let's see what War-Z turns out to be.

There are already rocket launchers in the game buddy...

Edited by Brusann

why the hell,all guys has problems with sniper rifles, its only a weapon.. and the decission - "what should i do with my Sniper rifle" is only our, if we want to use them on PvP.. lets use them on PvP...

Edited by Ladas325

why the hell,all guys has problems with sniper rifles, its only a weapon.. and the decission - "what should i do with my Sniper rifle" is only our, if we want to use them on PvP.. lets use them on PvP...

There is nothing wrong with you using the sniper rifle. But just as you say "let us use them in PVP" you should let other people "Do PVP without them". Different servers, no one gets hurt.