G Force

Graphical bugs

Ok guys. I need to collect some data. For future fixes.

What i need:

- where

- object

- screenshot of bug

Thanks.

• Like 10

Don't have a screen shot but the locations are anywhere that a static dead soldier is on the map.

• Like 12

I'm just putting my info in this thread, I have seen a lot of people (on the forums and in Teamspeak 3) saying that they get graphical bugs when going near Stary Sobor.

Don't have a screen shot but the locations are anywhere that a static dead soldier is on the map.

I always get screen fluttering and lightning bugs when I'm with the Balota airstrip.

• Like 3

since last patch? the sun... anytime during dusk, looking away fixes it.

• Like 1

I'll get a screen asap but...

NW Airstrip as soon as you hit the area with the houses (the one barracks with the bench and four small rooms). Just awful artefacts when you try and look NW. No idea what object it is, but it's making a trip there impossible. Only been happening since the patch.

• Like 1

everywhere where there are wire fences among other things..

Screenshots on the way.

i dont have a screenshot, but at stary sobor I cant even look towards the tents, i was going to loot them but i cant even see where im going when i look their direction.

• Like 3

and also in places where there are no static dead soldiers, so I don't think it's that.

Funnily enough a guy mentioned in another thread that disabling AA fixes it, and I tried it and it seems to work. FXAA does not seem to affect this.

EDIT: Seems i was wrong (yes I'm man enough to admit it!) and the spot in Berenzino I was at does indeed have the static zombie corpses. Sorry!

Edited by Irenicus

I Set the "Video memory" to "Default" and graphical bugs was disappeared

Yes Sla, sometimes it helps. But not for all bugs.

• Like 1

Playing with the graphical settings for me just changes the shapes and areas of the artifacts. Couldn't find a solution while tinkering around with the settings.

• Like 2

Playing with the graphical settings for me just changes the shapes and areas of the artifacts. Couldn't find a solution while tinkering around with the settings.

That's why i'm collecting data. ;) I need to check content and fix it. If it has any problems.

• Like 1

and also in places where there are no static dead soldiers, so I don't think it's that.

Dead soldiers and barbed wire are the cause of the glitches as far as I know. I do know that the dead soldiers are one of the causes because I managed to angle the camera in just the right way near one to see that the image used for the dead soldiers turns into a 2D graphical mess roughly the same size as the dead soldier.

• Like 1

Big Airfield near Grishino

Next to the barracks. Here i look to the hangars.

arma2oa2012-07-2819-5g0fwv.jpg

When I turn around to the barracks where the dead soldiers are:

arma2oa2012-07-2819-5x4ica.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-2819-5w7dxy.jpg

Edit//

Result from the last patch :/

Edited by Jim Panse
  • Like 6

Big Airfield near Grishino

Next to the barracks. Here i look to the hangars.

arma2oa2012-07-2819-5g0fwv.jpg

When I turn around to the barracks where the dead soldiers are:

arma2oa2012-07-2819-5x4ica.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-2819-5w7dxy.jpg

Edit//

Result from the last patch :/

Yup that is it. You can use those pics for my post as well :P

• Like 4

I got this in Stary near the camp. Couldn't look into the damn place withought being blinded by these glitches.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993190994/screenshots/

GTX 460 768mb

Win 7 x64

4gb DDR2 Ram

Phenom II x4 955 black edition @3.2g

This has also happened in one of the southern cities a few updates back which i also have screenshots of farther down that list.

That's why i'm collecting data. ;) I need to check content and fix it. If it has any problems.

If I had any sort of video recording software I could send you some really err... "neat stuff" right now. It could be all the objects placed around the hospital as that is where I am getting them at the moment.

If it helps at all, as I was walking towards the hospital I wasn't getting any, then for some reason the game crashed, soon as I reentered the game I was struck with ugly blobs.

G Force did you guys happen to turn collision on for the soldiers?

I was in an airfield with dead soldiers and the second I looked in that direction there were polygons everywhere and then zombies swarm in and ate me :(

changing any or some of the graphics settings fixes it temporarily but unfortunately this does not work as a permanent fix. Disabling AA seems to work but have yet to test extensively enough to say for certain.

Btw. I dont only have to deal with this issue at the arfield. Its the same for the military camps in Berenzino. Unfortunately no screenshots.

To switch the grphics only helps till I get to the next military camp. Which means, if I swich the graphics in Berenzino, i dont have the graphic-bug there. But when I reach the airfield its exactly the same problem like in Berenzino before.

• Like 1