paxtonmega

Banditry exploded

So, here am I, playing DayZ for allmost two month now, and what can I say, since the newest Patch is out? The game crippeld into a mess of brainless Player-Shooting dickheads. Sorry to say it that hard... Since everybody knows that Ghillies and other Camo's once more spawn around Cherno and Elektro people seem to forget their standard brain functions. I spawned seven times on 5 different servers, went into town, entered the first building with NOTHING on me and got shot instantly by geared up players instead of talking to me. I know that PvP is a main part, but guys, seriously?

I like both Bandits and Survivors, but this is simply enough for me. Shooting unarmed players, newly spawned, it's funny when you get spawn sniped, annoying yes, but I ran from Kamenka, Otmel or Crutoy Cap into the towns and got shot with nothing. My consequence: From now on I will be shooting everybody on sight too and normally I am a player who helps people, gives morphine and blood bags to strangers.

There were two sides: Bad Guys and Good Guys, but now there is only one: shoot, never ask questions.

To all those who still want to keep faith and help people: You have my respect, for me this ideal died today and my heart cries, it really does.

• Like 27

Bandits are a normal part of the game, but there are jerks that kill unarmed people...

• Like 1

Guys, guns & zombies. Trapped on a coast. What the hell you think was gonna happen? Wall all gather round a bus and sing Kumbaya together?

• Like 8

QQ RQ BB, Try running to the north for once ;) The whole coast is a deathzone.

• Like 2

Bandits are a normal part of the game, but there are jerks that kill unarmed people...

which could be possibly a part in real life. there are psychos out there who maybe would have fun killing unarmed survivors. the game was never designed to be balanced. I like it as it is. either you live or you die. that's life (in dayz)

Shoot on site, only people i give a chance to are people without guns in there hands, then I will offer them passage at the cost of 1 can of beans or sardines, if they refuse I execute them on the spot.

• Like 1

Shoot on site, only people i give a chance to are people without guns in there hands, then I will offer them passage at the cost of 1 can of beans or sardines, if they refuse I execute them on the spot.

there's noone you can trust in this game. our whole clan shoots on site. questions will be asked after they die. it's the only way to survive.

There are people you can trust. Unfortunately, you just shot them....

• Like 10

I've only been killed once in the hills above Electro, but that's a given. In fairness, I was scouting for snipers without a weapon for another sniper team as bait. My character after is 7 days old so far. And I've been all over the place and passed many characters who I didn't shoot and didn't shoot me after I declared friendly and we passed each other without incident.

Now though, I operate on a NOT DEAD - SHOOT IT policy because I've got shiny things.

Edited by ninjaholic
  • Like 1

OP is correct and all you guys saying its realistic are retarded. Shoot on sight makes the game a bad pvp loot n shoot. You're either in a bandit clan or in an awful version of FFA Call of Duty. Shame this could have been a good game with cool stuff like hostages and elaborate deceptions and betrayals etc. But as it is it's just not.

• Like 10

yes ghuillie suits bieng put back is deffinatley the driving factor i mean they have been missing for 2 weeks and this has been going on sicne 1.6.x.x

obviously the last 3 months of this happening was all practice for if we lost ghuillies for 1 patch -_-

I started about a week ago and this is what happened to me while playing. I was always shot on site no matter what I had on me, could be a hatchet and I would get sniped or shot.

In return I have pretty much got the game down, been to the airfield 4 times and stay around Stary for downed choppers (found 3 so far). I have become hardened and shoot on site with anyone I see. There are a few players I have met because they were unarmed but I literally almost shot because most people wouldn't have done me the same favor when I was new walking up to geared players.

• Like 1

I just have to facepalm myself even more by reading most of the answers, really now!

Listen up: Shooting unarmed people, in Real Life I mean, is either murder and also not even covered under military protection. So much for the "IRL" people!

Listen up: Killing an unarmed player in DayZ might make you lol but think: You have shiny gear, somebody kills you, you rage. You spawn new, think of the possibilities and build up fun again, bam, shot with nothing, time to respawn!

It's not like I despise the fact that it is part of DayZ, I even like firefights, but what the hell is the POINT in shooting new spawned guys? You start to make me sick, really sick.

• Like 8

@Huntra You mean like this?

Yeah we've all seen the cool stuff that "can" happen. Shame it almost never does because of the poor in game communication system and the average player's attitude.

I'm not going to shoot anyone unprovoked, but I'm not going to offer my help either.

KoS unprovoked is just unnatural for me as a human being, it's not something I would do IRL, so I don't do it ingame. There are other, more immersive ways of surviving, for me.

• Like 9

Yeah we've all seen the cool stuff that "can" happen. Shame it almost never does because of the poor in game communication system and the average player's attitude.

If it happened every day, people would just complain about it on the forums.

I'm not going to shoot anyone unprovoked, but I'm not going to offer my help either.

KoS unprovoked is just unnatural for me as a human being, it's not something I would do IRL, so I don't do it ingame. There are other, more immersive ways of surviving, for me.

Well genius, that is because there isnt a zombie apocalypse going on either.

• Like 2

For the record: If you're not a woman or a child and there was a real zombie apocalypse going on, I would kill you first opportunity and use your muscles to feed myself and bait more zombies. So I'd do it in-game if it let me.

• Like 1

Well genius, that is because there isnt a zombie apocalypse going on either.

Well Genius, you can't assume everyone would throw morality out the window if there was a zombie apocalypse.

• Like 4