@Williamcullum1

Why is there so many pussy's on DayZ

I've used that line as a ploy...not gonna lie.

Not sure they're all "idiots" who say that.

I'll never believe anyone who uses that line, I mean unless you're 6 years old, this game isn't scary at all.

a lot of players value the immersion of the game, and your original post kind of implied (even though unintentionally) that "strong immersion == pussy player, needs to grow the fuck up or take a break"

i give you much credit - despite overwhelming criticism you have remained calm and stated your opinion and point of view in a civil manner. i respect this. although i do not agree with your point. i hope you gained some understanding tonight, how others see and feel about this game - or gaming in general. beans for you, and good night.

You can't say it's civil and point out how uncivil the implications he made about players are, whether intentional or not.

This thread got my first account banned for pointing out your shitty logic. Thank you OP, considering it was probably you that reported me. That was civil.

I think most of these kids are mad because they understand that this is a hyper-realism sim at heart with a horror zombie survival aspect blended in.

They know that how well they do in this simulation, is about how well most of them would do in real life. It isn't 100% accurate, but more so than any other game/sim that has come out of this nature.

I love it.

In the end, though, when they bitch, piss and moan. I...

Why do people have a problem with killing people on a GAME, I don't understand why players are getting so immersed with DayZ that killing people is actually affecting their personal lives I have read numerous posts were players have said how upset killing someone has made them and how guilty it has made them fell; personally I believe this is extremely sad and they need to stop playing DayZ if it's having the affect on them...it's a computer game, they're not real and you're not really killing people, grow a pair and get a life. These people seriously need to take a break from the game and re-think what they're doing with their lives if they're getting so worked up and upset over it.

If you are so manly why don't you go out irl and kill people? Why limit yourself to a game? YOU are the real pussy, calling other people pussy's. Pussy.

I'm not.. I have experienced death and people begging for their lives in real life so in a GAME it is nothing to me just another day it doesn't bring back the memories as it's nothing like the real thing so shouldn't been seen as so upsetting for some people.

And how did you experience death and people begging for their lives?

OP - Feelings in a computer game are just as real as any other feelings, the fact that the game is virtual doesnt change anything. And feelings of guilt after ruining someone elses experience is a HEALTHY and normal reaction. And we all know that in most cases, when someone dies in THIS game, they tend to feel a bit upset because of the time and effort they have invested. It is not like killing someone in CoD or BF, because there is no investment. If you don't get that, you really haven't thought things through.

I can't wait for you kids to go back to school.

Who do you meen? Everyone, those who feel, or those who don't?

Who do you meen? Everyone, those who feel, or those who don't?R

The annoying school age children here who say their stupid school age childish shit.

You have to understand that some of the stories are exaggerated to increase your pleasure when reading it.

Just when you thought this thread was finally gone.

Why do people have a problem with killing people on a GAME, I don't understand why players are getting so immersed with DayZ that killing people is actually affecting their personal lives I have read numerous posts were players have said how upset killing someone has made them and how guilty it has made them fell; personally I believe this is extremely sad and they need to stop playing DayZ if it's having the affect on them...it's a computer game, they're not real and you're not really killing people, grow a pair and get a life. These people seriously need to take a break from the game and re-think what they're doing with their lives if they're getting so worked up and upset over it.

Cause unlike COD where your are told to just kill in the span of 5 minutes or so in a small field...dayz actually takes time...a lot of time just to do anything...it is not even PLAYING IMO since about 70% of the game is just walking from A to B...killing is not an objective...if the "pussies" you are referring to are like me (by the fact they are sad just how pathetically sadistic people are, since all people seem to do is just focus on killing people even if unarmed and no threat...in fact city camping/hopping is one of the biggest sports in this mod...it is just sad in all aspects)

No objective, no mission, placed in a hostile area....first thought is just kill everything...think about that...just think that for a second ok? Now look how people "group up" they go outside of the game and hook up over forums and what not. Now imagine if this actually happened...no phones no internet no way to communicate to others like that....do you really think we would just shoot every human down like some fucking animal? No they wouldn't if you think they would then you are either completely retarded or i am sadly wrong and i guess people will just say "F U" to every other person....

• Like 1

Totally agree, if people are getting so annoyed from dying in a video game they need to take a good hard look at their priorities in life.

• Like 1

I think most of these kids are mad because they understand that this is a hyper-realism sim at heart with a horror zombie survival aspect blended in.

They know that how well they do in this simulation, is about how well most of them would do in real life.

The thing is, everybody (with very few excceptions) who thinks "I would kill on site, no questions asked" they wouldn't. Even in a post-apocalypse world you would be better of with other people. Survival is not just here and now, it's also repopulation. It's in our genes. And the fact that you risk almost nothing by enter a gunfight in this game, is what started this KoS trend.

It isn't 100% accurate, but more so than any other game/sim that has come out of this nature.

I love it.

Where it doesn't come close to being accurate, is the human behavier. I don't think any game will ever be able to.

Edited by CLewis

change the name to 'why players get mad that they loose their stuff' mayby youll get a answer :)

I actually feel bad to kill someone, especially if they had good gear.

Good gear takes alot of time to make and could take over 10 hours of gameplay and then boom just a simple click on the mouse wasted the whole 10 hours of a person.

That's why I don't PvP and feel better playing on low populated servers.

OP just gets upset and feels guilty about not feeling guilty. :D

Bandits make this game. In a World full of Arseholes, being nice is the real challenge.

If you play FPS shooters, come on there are people out there that are nicer than us. ;)

Edited by Ankhenaten

I actually feel bad to kill someone, especially if they had good gear.

Good gear takes alot of time to make and could take over 10 hours of gameplay and then boom just a simple click on the mouse wasted the whole 10 hours of a person.

That's why I don't PvP and feel better playing on low populated servers.

This,

whoa some thread. The core problem is that the OP doesn't get that this isn't a game. And was never intended to be a game. It was intended to be a simulator to explore emotional reaction. You can't bring game mentality into a simulator. That his "game"play is ruining anothers simulation just goes to show that there are truly two completely different communities and cultures here clashing at a truly basic level. They don't have the language to relate to each other.

I truly think that on a fundamental level, people involved in this experiment can be broken into two distinct groups. Players and Participants. And here I think the language is extremely important in defining the issue.

A player perceives the environment as a game to be won or lost. This allows for a style of interaction that would only be seen to be psychotic in any real world situation, and attaches or detaches by choice part of his natural persona.

A participant perceives the environment as an area to be shared for good or ill with it's population. This commits one to the environment on a much more emotionally basic level where one can't escape the emotional crossover.

I think the participant group are here searching for a more meaningful virtual existence and have transcended from regular gaming models. That the player group can't relate is a problem. One that's threatening, in my opinion, the goals of the development team.

• Like 5

Dear OP.

I think you mean "Why are there so many pussies playing DayZ?"