@Williamcullum1

Why is there so many pussy's on DayZ

It still is that game, CLewis. You just have to be weary that you will die if you cross my sights.

You can still PvE. The thing is, don't BooHoo when you get killed by a player. In real life, the thing to fear in a Zombie Apoc wouldn't be the zombies... they would be atrophied piles of flesh that would be easily avoided if you adhered to strict rules. The thing you would have to watch out for, is the remaining human population.

They are smart, mobile, and can use tools (weapons, traps, etc). This game shows just that.

Once again, we aren't ruining your fun. You are ruining it, by taking yourself too seriously (if you in fact do do this). Also, my fun gets ruined with I get DC'd on, Meta'd or hacked.

All those things, are exploits and borderline cheating to full blown cheating. These are the things that should be addressed. Not... "Another player shot me in the PvP game... boohoo... fix this... I got my beanz stolen..."

My point stands and is on firm ground. As for your rebuttals, while thought out and sincere, they are shaky at best. Once again, I don't have to placate to you, nor you to me.

This is a game. Get over it!

The real life argument just isn't valid (to me atleast). First of, there are already many more "zombies" than humans, wich must mean that the real threat is in fact them. Second, would every man alive, the last 10%-ish of the population have/find a gun? Military weapens/ high powered rifles and the likes? How many would even be able to use a weapon effectively. I would say a very small percentage of the 10%. That would to make me more scared of the "zombies"

It isen't situated in USA with guns in every house (exaturated i know). It's in small area in (a fiktive part) of Russia

snapback.pngJerFeelgood, on 29 July 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

whoa some thread. The core problem is that the OP doesn't get that this isn't a game.

That is where I stopped reading.

It isen't situated in USA with guns in every house (exaturated i know). It's in small area in (a fiktive part) of Russia

That small area in Russia is in the sticks. Where, most houses have guns. Russia is pretty well equipped from a private citizen perspective.

In Moscow alone there are 400K citizens that own almost 500K guns.

There is a process there, you have to own a smooth bore gun for 4-5 years with a 100% safety record then you can buy almost any gun, rifle you want.

*sigh*

This thread isn't a discussion on PVP vs PVE or bandits vs survivors. As far as I'm concerned we're all survivors, just some of us choose to survive differently than others.

What we're talking about here are emotions and how thoughts and perceptions shape the way we view this game. Please try to keep up with the thread and not derail it into a topic that never leads anywhere productive and has been argued to death elsewhere.

snapback.pngJerFeelgood, on 29 July 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

whoa some thread. The core problem is that the OP doesn't get that this isn't a game.

That is where I stopped reading.

and that's the problem. because you can't/won't read past that point, you show yourself to be completely unwilling to acknowledge any other opinion but your own. I've said again and again, and everyone who's agreed with me has said, that we see your point. we appreciate your point. you won't even read ours???????????????????????????????

and that's the problem. because you can't/won't read past that point, you show yourself to be completely unwilling to acknowledge any other opinion but your own. I've said again and again, and everyone who's agreed with me has said, that we see your point. we appreciate your point. you won't even read ours???????????????????????????????

But you don't. Which is why I don't give you any respect.

This is a fucking game. Fuck off, you care-bear.

Go play WoW.

And PvP vs PvE ; Survivors vs Bandits is the same argument.

No one is derailing anything... I am just steam rolling through this shit because some of you kids need to hear the cold hard truth.

the universal phobia is violence. most people shy away or run from it as fast as they can. most people that play games are not that violent in real life and if anything are more shy than say... a football player or a cheerleader. and even then the later two will most likely not want to get into a fight. killing people is whole other issue. in the military a person has to be brainwashed over time to be able to do it. ever wonder why the call people, the enemy and not the other guys. its a way to make people think the other person is subhuman. to make them easier to kill.

the fact this game doesnt take that into account is a problem. untill rocket adds a humanity function this isnt a zombie survival game. its still a military sim with zombies in the background.

Go play WoW.

No one is derailing anything... I am just steam rolling through this shit because some of you kids need to hear the cold hard truth.

A bit childish from a grown man/woman. I enjoyed while it was civil. Good luck with your superior steamrolling on the rest of the forum.

• Like 1

OK, this is a really goodthread, esp. first 7-8 pages. I was _SURE_ it will be about Alt-f4-ers and had a nice surprise.

Now, to the point: I don't feel too bad when I kill other players in game, but I prefer to play hunter lately. And I disagree with OP saying, that feelngs are not real. When I hunt another player I feel strong emotions, I feel and adrenaline rush. If I manage to get him - I feel really good, again I feel strong emotions. I do realize that it is a game, but I know that by taking someone life I take some time from their real life. That is the idea of sandbox. I can understand players feeling strong emotions about killing others too. That is an idea of this game for me, otherwise I will be playing other FPS...

• Like 1

and we degenerate into name calling.....

I've consumed every sort of PvP game since the genre began and they've all been the same meal with a slightly different flavour. The only thing that's changed is the fidelity of the environment. With DayZ for the first time in a generation there's a chance to transcend the genre.... You don't seem to get that I LIKE PvP and think it's crucial to project, just that this project shows that there's a genuine oppurtunity here for more.....

Go play WoW.

I've read your posts. I've watched your antics. We're going to have to agree to disagree because it's pretty obvious you won't extend the courtesy of being civil.

DayZ is just so much more than people are giving it credit for, and I think that is a real shame.

For some reason my multi quote hates me, so I'll just continue to address you.

Sure, we need people who will PVP, much like you need people like me who are willing to play as a "survivor". We're locking in a two-step, because without one of us, this game isn't as multifaceted, and falls flat.

However, we could live without people who can't see this as more than just a "game" for "lulz"-- people who can't empathize with others, but that's life, and I'll deal with it accordingly, just don't be assuming because I think and play differently than you makes me an inferior person/player.

I don't need any fancy invite to some bandit clan to feel special, I just need to survive.

Edited by Baelethal
  • Like 3

Why do people have a problem with killing people on a GAME, I don't understand why players are getting so immersed with DayZ that killing people is actually affecting their personal lives I have read numerous posts were players have said how upset killing someone has made them and how guilty it has made them fell; personally I believe this is extremely sad and they need to stop playing DayZ if it's having the affect on them...it's a computer game, they're not real and you're not really killing people, grow a pair and get a life. These people seriously need to take a break from the game and re-think what they're doing with their lives if they're getting so worked up and upset over it.

Now this post is FULL of irony.

Here you are, complaining about others and how they should feel because....you say so, while crying yourself at how YOU think this is "extremely sad". That is one pile of hypocrisy right there.

The fact that it bothers YOU how others feel about THEIR game says to me that YOU are the one who needs to, what is it you're accusing people of? Oh right, to grow a pair and get a life. Of course, this won't bother you will it, since you're saying it about others so quite clearly you'd be able to take it said to you, right?.

The way I see it is that if someone feels guilty for killing another player (that's what you're whining about right?) then their doing just fine, I.E, their immersing themselves in the game, either that, or their not a dipshit who gets enjoyment out of ruining someone else's game play. Unfortunately for me, I don't get that kind of feeling when I kill someone, nor do I get satisfaction. It's rather a blank stare of, hmm, free loot, moving on. I wish I could get that emotion from a game, so more respect to them.

Who are you to say how they should be playing THEIR game?

and we degenerate into name calling.....

I've consumed every sort of PvP game since the genre began and they've all been the same meal with a slightly different flavour. The only thing that's changed is the fidelity of the environment. With DayZ for the first time in a generation there's a chance to transcend the genre.... You don't seem to get that I LIKE PvP and think it's crucial to project, just that this project shows that there's a genuine oppurtunity here for more.....

PvP is fine. There is nothing wrong with it, the way it is.

By protect, you mean, change. And by change, I assume you want zones?

What is your suggestion to "protect" PvP? Because the way I see it, it isn't your concept of PvP that needs protected, it's your inane want to PvE and your character/gear that you want protected.

I hope they never placate to the likes of you. It will be the death of this game.

But it an experiment to try to minmic a similar event, so to treat it like another shooter defeat the propose and feel of the game. But if you let it really effect you outside the game then you may have some problems.

Treat it like it real but keep it to the game.

Yes, it would. And I hope for it every time I get dropped on by some newbie with an enfield. I hope they have a battle of conscience. All I need is that second of contemplation to put something in you.

I don't have that ethical dilemma. My ethics are straight. I keep myself and my teammates alive. That is it. If I am grouped with you (on vent) I will run into hellfire and back for you. If you aren't talking to me on vent you are a target.

In the end, it is a video game and you shouldn't take yourself so seriously.

First of all I have no problem with dying in this game either, and I agree the bandit threat makes the game immeasurably more intense from a gameplay perspective, I was responding negatively to your saying that bandit skins were unrealistic and therefore not a part of this game, and then literally in your next sentence saying people should stop responding to the game with realistic emotions/actions as it is "just a game"

It seems you have found your preferred way of playing this mod which is bypassing the uncertainty of player interaction by using external voip and shooting anyone who isn't on that voip on sight,

but I hope you can understand how some people may see that as "gaming the system" to an extent - you are essential telepathically communicating with your chosen buddies in game silently and over 1000's of metres (ingame direct chat is what? 80m?) and you shoot any other player you come into contact with because simply put - you don't need them for anything whatsoever apart from their loot :P

The point Im trying to make ( it's late and Im tired so I apologise if Im not totally coherent) is that a lot of people talk in one breath about this game being a simulation of a zombie apocalypse where you have all of the trappings that go with it - paranoia, uncertainty and betrayals between the most dangerous game of all - humans. And then *totally* remove that aspect of the game by bypassing the in game mechanics that dont suit them such as direct chat being heard by everyone in the radius of audible speech - y'know like real life, and make a concerted effort to *never* have to interact with unknown survivors for any reason apart from with hot lead and instead play with a chosen few which you have to metagame to even organise.

Basically as Im writing this I realise these are all problems with the game design and not you being hypocritical so I apologise for that comment - but please everyone, dont think you are getting a 100% realistic experience or even a comparable experience if you bypass the in game mechanics with VOIP and never interact with unknowns - because you clearly are not.

• Like 2

PvP is fine. There is nothing wrong with it, the way it is.

By protect, you mean, change. And by change, I assume you want zones?

What is your suggestion to "protect" PvP? Because the way I see it, it isn't your concept of PvP that needs protected, it's your inane want to PvE and your character/gear that you want protected.

I hope they never placate to the likes of you. It will be the death of this game.

i typoed, I never said protect, i said project and left out the word the. the line meant to read ".... and crucial to the project"

I've read your posts. I've watched your antics. We're going to have to agree to disagree because it's pretty obvious you won't extend the courtesy of being civil.

DayZ is just so much more than people are giving it credit for, and I think that is a real shame.

For some reason my multi quote hates me, so I'll just continue to address you.

Sure, we need people who will PVP, much like you need people like me who are willing to play as a "survivor". We're locking in a two-step, because without one of us, this game isn't as multifaceted, and falls flat.

However, we could live without people who can't see this as more than just a "game" for "lulz". People who can't empathize with others, but that's life, and I'll deal with it accordingly, just don't be assuming because I think and play differently than you makes me an inferior person/player.

I don't need any fancy invite to some bandit clan to feel special, I just need to survive.

My antics are comical at best and should be taken in jest with a grain of salt. I am not here for your amusement, though. You are more so here for mine. Especially, with posts like this.

QQ some more.

Also, you need me more than I need you. In fact, if everyone was like me, I would be more challenged. I get bored slaying newbies with a pistol, half the time. I enjoy when a real player gets me...

You don't seem to be one, though. GL out there!

i typoed, I never said protect, i said project and left out the word the. the line meant to read ".... and crucial to the project"

People like you will be the death of this game.

Why do people have a problem with killing people on a GAME, I don't understand why players are getting so immersed with DayZ that killing people is actually affecting their personal lives I have read numerous posts were players have said how upset killing someone has made them and how guilty it has made them fell; personally I believe this is extremely sad and they need to stop playing DayZ if it's having the affect on them...it's a computer game, they're not real and you're not really killing people, grow a pair and get a life. These people seriously need to take a break from the game and re-think what they're doing with their lives if they're getting so worked up and upset over it.

Because some people actually like to play the survival aspect of this game and some people don't like mindlessly killing others. If you can't understand that, it's 'sad' as you put it and 'you need to stop playing DayZ'.

It's not a difficult concept.

• Like 1

First of all I have no problem with dying in this game either, and I agree the bandit threat makes the game immeasurably more intense from a gameplay perspective, I was responding negatively to your saying that bandit skins were unrealistic and therefore not a part of this game, and then literally in your next sentence saying people should stop responding to the game with realistic emotions/actions as it is "just a game"

It seems you have found your preferred way of playing this mod which is bypassing the uncertainty of player interaction by using external voip and shooting anyone who isn't on that voip on sight,

but I hope you can understand how some people may see that as "gaming the system" to an extent - you are essential telepathically communicating with your chosen buddies in game silently and over 1000's of metres (ingame direct chat is what? 80m?) and you shoot any other player you come into contact with because simply put - you don't need them for anything whatsoever apart from their loot :P

The point Im trying to make ( it's late and Im tired so I apologise if Im not totally coherent) is that a lot of people talk in one breath about this game being a simulation of a zombie apocalypse where you have all of the trappings that go with it - paranoia, uncertainty and betrayals between the most dangerous game of all - humans. And then *totally* remove that aspect of the game by bypassing the in game mechanics that dont suit them such as direct chat being heard by everyone in the radius of audible speech - y'know like real life, and make a concerted effort to *never* have to interact with unknown survivors for any reason apart from with hot lead and instead play with a chosen few which you have to metagame to even organise.

Basically as Im writing this I realise these are all problems with the game design and not you being hypocritical so I apologise for that comment - but please everyone, dont think you are getting a 100% realistic experience or even a comparable experience if you bypass the in game mechanics with VOIP and never interact with unknowns - because you clearly are not.

TheCenturion; Treat it like it were real but keep it to the game.

Also, is it farfetched that in real life, there would be people using radios?

Heh.

You must be tired.

Wheeee...

NicraM, Do you accept that there are two distinct groups of people with wholly seperate goals participating in this project?

Because some people actually like to play the survival aspect of this game and some people don't like mindlessly killing others. If you can't understand that, it's 'sad' as you put it and 'you need to stop playing DayZ'.

It's not a difficult concept.

Daft

NicraM, Do you accept that there are two distinct groups of people with wholly seperate goals participating in this project?

No, there are real players that accept that this is the best PvP game ever with a strong/challenging (somewhat) PvE concept. Then there are carebears that want to change this game into an instanced, SMORPG, that caters to their "boohoo."

That is what I acknowledge.