@Williamcullum1

Why is there so many pussy's on DayZ

you titled the thread "why are there so many..." - this implies you refer to a significant part of the player base, not few isolated cases, and you coupled your bewilderment about those with insult. im not from UK, maybe its chav attitude i fail to understand here, but i think you might need to reconsider your statement.

No it doesn't by saying so many I'm talking about the many post that people put about how much a death effects their life. I'm not a chav thank you, if i was I'd be out on the street now.

I honestly think these posters are trolls or part of some carebear marketing campaign. I can't believe people have problems with killing avatars in video games.

Troll? Nope.

Carebear? Somedays.

You've never been on TS with me when I get contact. Apparently I'm hilarious to listen to?

Teammates have had to coax me to kill another player. Other times I pull the trigger and don't have to think twice about it... Maybe I'm one of those extreme cases. I'd like to hope not.

It's not about the avatar, it's about the human behind that avatar--griefing just isn't what I personally get off on. It's as much about their story as it is about mine.

Edited by Baelethal

THE POINT OF DAYZ IS INSTILLING AUTHENTIC EMOTIONS AND PLAYER EXPERIENCE. OP DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS. IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GAME, PLAY ANOTHER ONE. LIKE CoD or Bf, or L4D. All these games lack any emotion or weight so they'll be perfect for you. Don't criticize others for your lack of understanding of what this game is about.

END THREAD/ (rude, idc, people on this forum are mostly retarded anyway)

Take your spam somewhere else and write it as a reasonable response as no one wants it here. Edited by 4L4N
  • Like 1

Not a lot of FPS games are open world with other people. This game is really unique in this manner. By giving people the ability to choose their own actions, not just 3 different choices for story, it gives the player the ability to play how he or she would play. I think this is most in common in people who just start playing with the pretenses this is solely a zombie survivor.

But, I don't think it's misplaced and I completely understand how people can start to feel like it's an extension of their personality. They are playing how they want to and have to make their own decisions that have a direct impact on their ability to survive or die.

This fades with time, for most players, and is predominately something new players feel.

Actually, I have to agree with you and that is true 100%. I meant to say that people take it to far when they argue about it because not everyone plays the same. It comes down to the way you play and if the way you play is getting immersed in it, then that is a plus for the community.

I myself will not kill anyone on sight unless I know they are a direct threat to me and can and will possibly kill me if they get the chance. I don't follow others but rather try and avoid heavily armed people. Usually helping someone who just started out makes ya feel just that much better.

Edited by The True Nova
  • Like 1

It's the whole point of DayZ is the immersion. When I run across another player I can feel the tension and adrenaline. When I have killed them and got loot I've felt bad and relieved at the same time. The PvP experience of DayZ is one of it's biggest achievements IMO.

I honestly think these posters are trolls or part of some carebear marketing campaign. I can't believe people have problems with killing avatars in video games.

I've never stated that I have a problem with killing avatars in a video game or if I don't. I'm just defending people who are just playing the game how they like.

Edited by SLASH-7

one thing needs to be granted to OP - this is a pretty good thread he started.

• Like 3

I don't know why people are moaning saying stuff like don't pull people for how they play the game and people can play it how they want and don't tell them what to do...well don't tell us you're meant to get immersed in DayZ as you're just being a hypocrite

Sorry I don't understand when you say OP /: I don't use the forum much this must only be my 3/4 thread.

I'd be inclined to agree.

For as many pages as this has acquired, we're still civil.

I suppose beans to OP, except I'm out :huh:

OP referring to Original Poster or Original post.

Edited by Baelethal

I don't know why people are moaning saying stuff like don't pull people for how they play the game and people can play it how they want and don't tell them what to do...well don't tell us you're meant to get immersed in DayZ as you're just being a hypocrite

I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but half of my point is there so i'll bite. I've nowhere stated how I believe you should play the game. Nobody can dictate this but yourself, and you should not dictate this for others.

@e47

Definitely true, but it's probably going to be spammed or trolled.

I just run out of beer, and that means ??? going to bed, just to wake up tomorrow ( 5 hours) and start this shit all over again !!! Just like Dayz...

Edited by RicardoCCH
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but half of my point is there so i'll bite. I've nowhere stated how I believe you should play the game. Nobody can dictate this but yourself, and you should not dictate this for others.

No that wasn't pointed at you :)

I don't think quoting the developer is being a hypocrite.

It's not about immersion, it's about conveying emotions.

Despair, Joy, Terror, Anticipation... once you no longer care about the game, there is no point to playing it.

It wasn't spam, you're just a fucking retard who apparently didn't look into this before making this stupid thread insulting most of the people who play the game/

I don't think quoting the developer is being a hypocrite.

It's not about immersion, it's about conveying emotions.

Despair, Joy, Terror, Anticipation... once you no longer care about the game, there is no point to playing it.

It wasn't spam, you're just a fucking retard who apparently didn't look into this before making this stupid thread insulting most of the people who play the game/

If you found it offensive I'm ever so sorry and it wasn't intended.
  • Like 1

It looks like this thread is about to take a turn for the worse so i'm out as well. We will have to agree to disagree OP, later.

• Like 1

It may be that I just woke up from a nap and am disoriented but... wtf did you all just argue about?

I can see why one may feel guilty for a minute or two but not to the point where they're getting nightmares and finding it hard to accept themselves as a human now...which I have seen. I just think players are taking the game way to serious and need to calm down a little. It's a game, when you log into a server you're accepting other players will be online and have to accept the fact that one day you will die and kill.

I'm pretty sure if someone says something like "it still haunts me at night", they are just saying it to add dramatic effect to the story or joking around? Surely no one can get THAT immersed in a game?

I am tired of hearing idiots come on the mic and say "I'm scared"

I am tired of hearing idiots come on the mic and say "I'm scared"

I've used that line as a ploy...not gonna lie.

Not sure they're all "idiots" who say that.

If you found it offensive I'm ever so sorry and it wasn't intended.

a lot of players value the immersion of the game, and your original post kind of implied (even though unintentionally) that "strong immersion == pussy player, needs to grow the fuck up or take a break"

i give you much credit - despite overwhelming criticism you have remained calm and stated your opinion and point of view in a civil manner. i respect this. although i do not agree with your point. i hope you gained some understanding tonight, how others see and feel about this game - or gaming in general. beans for you, and good night.

• Like 1

Look at it this way, go to your gun cabinet, take a gun and put a shell in it, go to your parents as they're sleeping and point it at them with your finger hovering over the trigger, Pay close attention to your thoughts, obviously for 99% of people there will be great restraint.

Now, go on DayZ and point a gun at another players head, knowing that you have no boundaries as you did pointing a real gun at a real persons head, feel the difference? of course you do. It's a video game, and you knew that the second you clicked launch.

So when I'm playing DayZ I feel not for the emotions I carry, it's simply in the back of my head "aww do I really wanna shoot this guy? I have no idea how many hours he's/she's put into the game...but what would they do in my situation...I normally just say sorry before shooting them and move on, the cycle repeats, I die, i continue with more hatred for other players

I would just like to say Firearms should not be loaded or unloaded and pointed towards your parents, its a very stupid thing to do. Have fun on DayZ :)