Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

and one question but i think its a little bit "off-topic" is it allowed to edit the "difficulty" file so i can turn off ch/3rd person at veteran or turn on on expert? My hoster says your guidelines restrict this and later u will blacklist those server, where i can find all the guidelines for hoster?

You are allowed to play with settings like that, but announce it in the servername (see other DayZ servers).

Vipeax can you confirm whether or not choppers will be added/enabled tomorrow (sunday) 9am GMT? (36 hours from this thread start)

is estimated to occure in about 36 hours from the creation of this thread (subject to change).

The ETA is still there and still subject to change, as long as you don't hear otherwise assume it remains as is.

One question: Will you be waiting for all servers to upgrade or simply force the hive update after 36 hours, making servers with older hive versions void / unplayable?

Latter, the note is there so that they had the time to adapt.

• Like 3

Then Fix your PC or set a higher 3D resolution.

i didnt had any issues in 1.7.2.3 dude. Suddenly i need to fix my pc? If yes what do i need to do?

i didnt had any issues in 1.7.2.3 dude. Suddenly i need to fix my pc? If yes what do i need to do?

nothing, the guy doesnt know what hes talking about, everyone is getting fucked up graphics since the lastest patch, only way to fix it atm is to relog

Funny that i doesnt know what im talking about when i got no graphical glitches like everyone else.

Just set 3D resolution to 200% and youre good to go

Funny that i doesnt know what im talking about when i got no graphical glitches like everyone else.

Just set 3D resolution to 200% and youre good to go

You're trolling, and doing a bad job at it too.

• Like 1

and this is exactly how i think about 70-90% of all choppers in game will be out of sight from the first 30 minutes after they are reimplemented. and they will keep out of sight for ever for the very big majority of the dayz survivors.

this would require that you actually see a chopper flying around and that you have such a big calliber gun available at this 10-20 seconds time frame. what i think will happen with the choppers can be easily assumed if you think what is the situation with all other vehicles. clans people hoard them in some distant place, maybe still outside of the map, just to have them standing there. i would say that hardly any vehicles hoarded by the clans are ever used. maybe offroad vehicles like jeeps or motorcycles. these types are the only ones which are usefull really. but the clans are hoarding every vehicle they can get just to have them standing around in the wilderness for ever so that the big majority of all dayz players will never see a vehicle.

and with choppers in most cases this will be the same. all the clans (aswell as the server owners with their folks who will use server restarts, playerkicks and the like to accomplish their goal) will run for them like crazy children after they are reimplemented just to fly them into the desert and never have them moving again.

Cmon, not all. My vehicles are on map, and I took my Ural, UAZ, Quad, and Motorcycle for a lap around the map, through both electro and cherno yesterday. You should see the Screens of the UAZ it got shot to hell.

Edited by S_poon

I saw a chopper after the update yesterday (friday night). Seemed like this huey was newly spawned near Solnichniy. I've seen helis spawn here before so I figured it was a proper (not hacked) heli. A group of people were fixing with it for a while before they flew away. Are choppers active on some servers or was this one hacked? The server was DE 231.

I saw a chopper after the update yesterday (friday night). Seemed like this huey was newly spawned near Solnichniy. I've seen helis spawn here before so I figured it was a proper (not hacked) heli. A group of people were fixing with it for a while before they flew away. Are choppers active on some servers or was this one hacked? The server was DE 231.

Hacked. There would of been an announcement of some sort.

• Like 1

Ugh... I know the admin of NL14, and you are not his father... He's not even from the same country as you are.

Sorry typo\

I take it you mean Owner not just admin

I meant NL45

As I said a "recruit" server who is still running 1.62.95393

also I see the server I normally play on (i.e. where i have all my tents stored) is still running 1.62.95312. I'm afraid he might be on vacation as well. It's the time here in Holland. I was just getting ready to try out the sniper rifle I found at a helli crash site (sigh) oh well. Practice makes perfect.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch

I've been playing on Atlanta 14, not because im taking advantage of the old version, but because its our home server. We've had a base server on there for awhile. They are slow at updating. Is there anyway me and my friends can find out if this server is going to update. I'd rather not find out later that this server is dead, and just waiting until it dies out. And is our camp going to disappear with this update too? Just would like to know that my heart is going to break ahead of time.

Patch is working great so far.Only new bug appears to me and friend in these kind of buildings: http://picacid.com/a...nd_Hangar_2.jpg

If you open the small doors of the building it gives us extreme lag/fps problems. And if you stand right next to the building you cant see anything because of graphic glitches. Even when you close them its still there. Also we still experience the good old tent bug. Items that we placed there weeks ago now appears randomly in them. I even got my Mountain Dew back :D

Edited by Spider

Vipeax,

Could you at least fix the graphical glitches with 1.7.2.4 first or allow users running the older 1.7.2.3 to continue playing longer?

The game is really unplayable on 1.7.2.4 for alot of us and I think it's unfair that you are going to be forcing us to update.

Edited by JackNorris

Server is experiencing random crashes, AOserver stops responding after several hours, with 30+ players pings rise to 200% of normal, and servers are not populating on Six Launcher application.

Please advise.

[derp]Chavez

Admin US267

Edited by chaveezy

same here ... before the update everything was running fine .. now server crashes sometimes and after 3 hours ..the connection is very slow and when i close the server it hangs up and yeah graphical glitches everywhere ... airfield .. towns... very unplayable ..

Edited by Kampfkarnickel

The graphical glitches are insane. We ended up tracking a few down to just normal static "props" like the wrecked HUMVEEs and military soldiers laying around near the coast South of Berenzino (just an example of a set we were close enough to actually find)

They make the game unplayable unfortunately.

I get graphical glitches when using Anti Aliasing: Disabled, every other setting removes the glitching completely.

L2 not play at lowest noob settings

I get graphical glitches when using Anti Aliasing: Disabled, every other setting removes the glitching completely.

L2 not play at lowest noob settings

FWIW I play with *everything* at max except anti aliasing because it makes things way too blurry.

Hey Vipeax, does that mean in 6 hours there's going to be multiple broken down choppers on each server? Or just one per server?

Edited by Cramer

Will the servers need a restart for the choppers to spawn?

Hey Vipeax, does that mean in 6 hours there's going to be multiple broken down choppers on each server? Or just one per server?

It would be awesome if we could know for sure if it's going to be 36 hours from his post :/ I want to know if I should bother staying up till 3AM to try and repair one.