Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

I updated my @hive files and for some reason the server was saying that "this server is not running a legit copy of the hive files. If you are the server admin please contact the DayZ staff." I rolled back to the 0.7.1 hive files and it worked fine.

If 0.7.1 (with 1.7.2.4) works and 0.7.2 doesn't you must have done something wrong.

So What is to happen to servers that fail to update? Will they simply be removed from the list (temporarily?) My son has a DayZ server running (NL14) but went on vacation. He will only be able to update at the end of next week.

Fish

Sort of yes, they won't work. We can't let this one slip or you'd be waiting forever as there is always some server not being updated.

• Like 1

Is it possible to have anykind of answer about tents still duping? If they can't be fixed soon would removing them completely be an option and wiping everything for a fresh start? And how about those wire-trolling-kits that started giving major graphical glitches after last patch. Can't see anything in Cherno at the moment. Might you consider removing those from the game too? Or is this like World of Warcraft; if some feature is implemented in the game it won't be removed no matter how broken it is.

Edited by Snor

Done and done with all my servers... YESTERDAY :D.

Vaquxine, how is saving tents & vehicles going for you?

I haven't noticed any issues with them in playing, nor have I heard any complaints. As for tents, I'll have to check to see if they're saving properly now.

Cheers.

Yea, tents that were once bugged are saving fine now ^.^.

Goodie, thank you.

I received the email, already updated to the latest beta build which is 95417, have Hive running on 0.7.2, DayZ updated to 1.7.2.4, now comes the time for the choppers! A NEW DAYZ ERA IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

on my server DE 917 after every restart all vehicles are on the respawn position and must repaired again. Items in tents are not saving, too......i dont know what i must do :(

Are you running this hotfix?

and this is exactly how i think about 70-90% of all choppers in game will be out of sight from the first 30 minutes after they are reimplemented. and they will keep out of sight for ever for the very big majority of the dayz survivors.

this would require that you actually see a chopper flying around and that you have such a big calliber gun available at this 10-20 seconds time frame. what i think will happen with the choppers can be easily assumed if you think what is the situation with all other vehicles. clans people hoard them in some distant place, maybe still outside of the map, just to have them standing there. i would say that hardly any vehicles hoarded by the clans are ever used. maybe offroad vehicles like jeeps or motorcycles. these types are the only ones which are usefull really. but the clans are hoarding every vehicle they can get just to have them standing around in the wilderness for ever so that the big majority of all dayz players will never see a vehicle.

and with choppers in most cases this will be the same. all the clans (aswell as the server owners with their folks who will use server restarts, playerkicks and the like to accomplish their goal) will run for them like crazy children after they are reimplemented just to fly them into the desert and never have them moving again.

I'm in a clan and I can guarantee you we wont park them off the map somewhere and let them collect dust, especially the heli , what fun would that be. We are careful what situation we use vehicles in, like picking up new spawns is usually done with atv/motorbike or sometimes a car depending on what we have. When we have something like the Ural(blue truck) with its crazy capacity to hold gear that puppy usually is parked as a mobile storage shed. If we find an enemy base big enough to warrant it we might use it to grab everything in one go

I received the email, already updated to the latest beta build which is 95417, have Hive running on 0.7.2, DayZ updated to 1.7.2.4, now comes the time for the choppers! A NEW DAYZ ERA IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

I also wait for a official instruction whats up with the choppers now!

Are you running this hotfix?

i think so...i wrote a support ticket to my hoster ( because they using symlinks, so i can only upload the mission file and edit the server.cfg - and i hate those shit system ) and they saying it was updating today but im doesnt sure if its true....

Tents that worked before the update are still updating.

Tents that were not working before the update are still not working...

UK9 .

BTW,

verification email for the forum registration was in Spam folder on gmail, look into that if you want.

I will have to say, I think is the one the best, bug free patches released as of yet. Well done guys and thanks again for the hard work.

If only.

It's the buggiest update ever actually. Massive graphical glitches and poor frame rate make the game unplayable right now. :(

Yea, tents that were once bugged are saving fine now ^.^.

I'm jelly :D

me three!!!!

Sometime Sunday. But the server will most likely have to restart before they spawn.

If only.

It's the buggiest update ever actually. Massive graphical glitches and poor frame rate make the game unplayable right now. :(

I played basically the last 14 hours and have had absolutely no graphical glitches and frame rate has actually improved. Same with my group (of which 5 played today with no issues).