Helsing

Gun nerf made the game more challenging

Title says it all! I'm glad they did it.

EDIT:

Survivors are wearing ballistic armor that protects them from secondaries and some of the weaker primaries. It's actually more realistic this way unless they change how the survivor looks.

I have a friend in the army and he says the ballistic vest that he uses protects him from rifle rounds(such as the AK-47) too. The interesting part is he's a paramedic, not even a big in-combat killer.

As a matter of fact, body armor prevents the excessive bleeding currently in game when you get shot by a pistol.

Edited by Helsing
  • Like 1

hasn't made the game more challenging at all.

I'm still 1-shotting noobs with my As50 yo.

cosign, I am glad they did it to (;

Most the people complaining are the same ones that bitch about not starting with a gun.

The more challenging the better imo!

the only opinion i have right now is informed by the fact that it took me around 28 enfield rounds to break the glass of the hospital in elektro today.

I like it too, makes me want to go more for a glock/m9 now instade of the m1911

the only opinion i have right now is informed by the fact that it took me around 28 enfield rounds to break the glass of the hospital in elektro today.

lol, sometimes it takes 1 to break it, sometimes it takes an entire magazine.

Anyways, the only gameplay change is that you now have to aim for the head to kill zombies effectively, instead of the 1-shot M1911 we had before. I had 100+ zombies kills today and only 20 zomething headshots.

lol, sometimes it takes 1 to break it, sometimes it takes an entire magazine.

Anyways, the only gameplay change is that you now have to aim for the head to kill zombies effectively, instead of the 1-shot M1911 we had before. I had 100+ zombies kills today and only 20 zomething headshots.

really? i haven't tested this out so it could be the case, but before it seemed to me that it took two or so rounds to shatter the glass.

If you have a Hatchet use that next time.

Having a glock now is better than a m1911 if you can make proper headshots, I approve of this.

Also makes the M9 SD more of an option since things got nerfed.

More challenging in a bad way. It should never take 14 pistol rounds to the chest to kill somebody.

Tell that to 50 cent.

• Like 3

Not having a weapon at start is one of the best things about dayZ. It makes finally finding that weapon so sweet.

but the weapons shouldn't be nerfed, that will kill the realism. a single gunshot to center mass will kill most people, and should in the game.

I'm sorry have you been playing Dark Souls a bit much? Console jokes aside, really nobody needs to pump anything with more than two rounds from a M1911 (and that is pushing it) unless its coated in body armor.

no its terrible. As said above it should now take 14 shots to kill someone with a pistol. It took me 2 clips yesterday with my Mak.

no its terrible. As said above it should now take 14 shots to kill someone with a pistol. It took me 2 clips yesterday with my Mak.

It made the game more challenging against zombies, yes, that is probably a good thing. It also made the game just retardedly stupid when you have just spawned and encounter someone with military gear. Before a good revoler/M1911 carrying survivor could at best bag someone with a superb high tier assault rifle. Now it's nigh impossible.

What we need is: more blood to zombies (but instant death on any headshot still) but damage reverted to pre-patch on weapons so pvp won't be as horrible as it is with pistols now. Seriously, 9mm pistols and SMGs could use a major buff instead of the nerf they got. MP5 is probably the worst primary weapon in the game, and it's actual military loot. It's fairly quiet, but you need to empty half a clip (whole clip if using pistol ammo) to kill a player, and that is just making it pointless.

All pistols are currently just not worth using either if you have any primary weapon. Better to carry 8 bandages or grenades for M203. That's why current damage nerfs are retarded and to increase challenge zombie blood amounts should be increased instead to:

a) make the changes affect high tier weapons too (any assault rifles and machine guns apart from AK74 variants are still exactly as powerful as before)

B) to not make a full clip of a weapon emptied to a chest of a player not kill (M1911, Revolver and Makarov have this issue in current patch)

Wont affect me, got some 600 headshots and counting.

• Like 1

Indeed. Nerf guns adds a cool element to to mod.

Joking aside, this certainly encourages you to evade the zombies now instead of shooting them.

I havn't found any other weapon than a makarov in my current life, and it's really annoying. I hate it, and it's very hard to kill running zombies with it, but it has always been imho. I really don't hope the m1911 and revolver is just as hard to kill zombies with. (Moving ones, that is.)

Survivors are wearing ballistic armor that protects them from secondaries and some of the weaker primaries. It's actually more realistic this way unless they change how the survivor looks.

I have a friend in the army and he says the ballistic vest that he uses protects him from rifle rounds(such as the AK-47) too. The interesting part is he's a paramedic, not even a big in-combat killer.

Learn to aim for the head.

As a matter of fact, body armor prevents the excessive bleeding currently in game when you get shot by a pistol.

Edited by Helsing

How the hell is this making things more challenging regarding the infected? Run through town, gather up 10 of them, run into building, run out back door and they lose interest. I'm not sure how they're more challenging...

Edited by kentk94
  • Like 1

there is a G SPOT to break the glass with a single shot..... guess you didn't find it until 28 shots.

Edited by vukster