Slamz

THE Night is TOO DAMN DARK Thread. Others will be deleted etc.

I grew up in the country.

Nighttime is dark.

It's not this goddamn dark. Even on partly cloudy nights with a few stars out, you can see the fucking ground and tell the sky from the dirt.

In this game, nighttime is absolutely pointless unless you have night vision goggles. Most of the "dark" servers are empty now except for a handful of noobs / night vision goggle owners. It's overcast most of the time, raining half the time, and you can't see shit.

I'm all for hardcore realism, but logging into a screen that's 100% fucking black is absolutely pointless even for the hardest of hardcore games. I would love to try the 24 hour cycle but it's totally pointless after dark. I have a hard time believing that the game creator spends much time playing this game at night.

Nobody's forcing you to play. Play during the day. Play on a daytime server. Problem solved?

Most people sleep at night. *Hint hint*

;)

and most ppl also have jobs during the day and cant play on day time servers....

I agree. this is effing too dark. Even with no moon you still have star light. You should be able to make out something....

hope rocket makes some minor adjustments next patch. I'm seeing a whole lot of server timezone offsets popping up (which I like) but we'll see... or won't

Why are you posting this in the Day Z forums?

Day Z =/= Arma 2

Some people work during the day. The game might be about a zombie apocalypse where no one has a real job, but a lot of players also live in the real world where we have to work to stay alive.

Playing on a server located somewhere where it's daytime isn't a great solution - a high ping can be a major disadvantage. Australians, especially, don't get pings below 220 on foreign servers.

Edit:

Why are you posting this in the Day Z forums?

Day Z =/= Arma 2

So, you're saying that the devs don't have the ability to alter the darkness of the night? Or are you just trying to make some kind of smart comment about how native Arma 2 is also unrealistically dark on moonless nights?

calm - down

Deal with the darkness, learn to use the flares, or at the very least, search for and post up your concerns one of the many god-damn other threads already made about how then night is too dark.

Maybe your settings are wrong, as even in the darkest night i have t least been able to tell the difference between ground and sky, check your monitor settings and adjust your in game video settings...

Nobody's forcing you to play. Play during the day. Play on a daytime server. Problem solved?

Fix the problem by avoiding it? Why? :huh:

I don't know how much you have actually played at night, but some nights it is pitch black and other nights it is starry and easily bright enough to navigate without NVGs. Its a touch of realism, I personally like the idea even if I always try to play on day servers because I record game play video

The game should have somthing like this, as a default gear:

(hand shake dynamo flashlight), that could be used with any pistol. 5mins of flashlight and after that it would need like 5-10mins of running to "reload" it. So it would leave real flashlights (specially the ones on weapons) still a lot better, but giving some light to the darkest parts of the night to new players :)

The night 9/10 sucks lets face it... defending it again and again is retarded... I agree with the moon is out and not raining its enjoyable.. however seems always pitch black.. no moon and then raining half the dam time.

I like the night just not the 8/12 hours of it thats pitch black.

Some places are darker than others.

A moonless cloud covered night in Chernarus for example, you won't see one step ahead of you.

Consider this post full of vitriol as well. (I lost my nvg and yesterday was the height of a new moon)

I grew up in the country.

Nighttime is dark.

It's not this goddamn dark. Even on partly cloudy nights with a few stars out' date=' you can see the fucking ground and tell the sky from the dirt.

In this game, nighttime is absolutely pointless unless you have night vision goggles. Most of the "dark" servers are empty now except for a handful of noobs / night vision goggle owners. It's overcast most of the time, raining half the time, and you can't see shit.

I'm all for hardcore realism, but logging into a screen that's 100% fucking black is absolutely pointless even for the hardest of hardcore games. I would love to try the 24 hour cycle but it's totally pointless after dark. I have a hard time believing that the game creator spends much time playing this game at night.

[/quote']

Night is tough. Deal with it. You start with 10 flares, which are more than enough to navigate with and find things with (and to lure out noobs with so you can steal their delicious beans)

Ive also lived in the country for years. Its not too dark...On a moonless, cloudy night, black. On a moonless night, only silhouettes, on a moonlit night, blue glow.

Id say this game has done a good job (it had to, the engine was used by military for joint-force simulation).

All I can really say is I'm sorry you feel that way, maybe you'll spend your time in the morning trying to find a good way to counter the night cycle.

Or you could do what I do and camp outside a town and log off until day and head in to get what you need. Either way you're playing a game that takes time to get something done in a non-casual fashion (this entire sentence makes me feel arrogant for some reason.)

But yeah, night-time can be a big hassle if you don't feel so safe.

During my training exercises here in Germany I can remember many times walking through the forest and not even being able to see my own feet.

It does feel too dark for me. It's a shame too, living in Australia most of my play time is night time and I have no inverted day/night cycle servers (and overseas I lag horribly).

The human eye can adjust to darkness, I've spent time out in the bush in Australia on dark nights and certainly been able to see more then I can currently in the game. I'm more used to it now (have chemlights, flares, wits about me etc) but it feels too dark most of the time.

I like it how it is. I'm not a noob, nor an NVG owner and I still operate just fine in the dark. Wait till there is some moon out and you'll be able to stay up late to play with the big boys.

Let me just fucking say that I cannot see shit at night time and I'm not going to adjust my god damned monitor settings and burn my eyes out.

Having a job isn't an excuse, when you can pick and choose servers :P

Just don't play a nighttime server, simple as that!