rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Now i can play dayz but if i want to play campaign got to expansions the turn off dayz then restart play the campaign for a little bit then do it all over again :(

You do know there is a arma2.exe for the actual game ?

• Like 1

Zeds are fairly easy to lose, really. Run into a building with two doors, through bushes or conifers - or simply do a Benny Hill routine around a single building.

since last 3 patches i do nothing but benny hilling. and now with the weapon nerf there really is no point using any other tactic. run into places, lose the z's running like a moron, IF you can find your way because of screen destroying artifacts, then run back out of town losing the z's in a shed near the edge of town, drop your stuff in your tent, come back after server restart to find char on beach and your tent empty. Game is unplayable atm.

• Like 1

I played 1.7.2.4 last night, three hours before and two hours after a server reset.

I think it's the other way around. I like the zeds being harder, but pvp is silly. No one should be able to take an entire m1911 mag in the chest without dying.

Lowering player health would be a good fix.

ofcourse not. Roll back the weapon changes then increase z health would be the "fix". Why these weapon changes were made is anyone's guess since they are unrealistic nonsense.

ofcourse not. Roll back the weapon changes then increase z health would be the "fix". Why these weapon changes were made is anyone's guess since they are unrealistic nonsense.

It's not anyone's guess, it's explained here: http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2196367

BIS is not going to roll back their 1.62 patch just because you want them to. That's why I suggest decreasing player health, it's a whole lot easier than changing all those weapons in the mod, no?

Edited by Max Planck

BTW the connecting to a serve at the moment is sucking...i think DayZ has a troll in the programme chair who is laughing of us right now

It's not anyone's guess, it's explained here: http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2196367

BIS is not going to roll backtheir 1.62 patch just because you want them to. That's why I suggest upping player health, it's a whole lot easier than changing all those weapons in the mod, no?

So it was wrong to start with, oke i see that. Problem is that with z's being borked this creates an unplayable situation. I;m all for increasing the z risk and make bullets rare and gunfights with z's something to be avoided but since the z's are completely borked atm: too close and frequent spawns, they are deaf, they see and aggro while proning from 100's of meters this makes it a non discussion. The game is completely broken at the moment.

you said upping player health then decreasing it.. which is it ?

BIS is not going to roll backtheir 1.62 patch just because you want them to. That's why I suggest decreasing player health, it's a whole lot easier than changing all those weapons in the mod, no?

Also your planck length is a load of bullcock, there are no physical borders, no thing begins and ends anywhere, I loved your quantum research but we live in an analogue universe mate.

So it was wrong to start with, oke i see that. Problem is that with z's being borked this creates an unplayable situation. I;m all for increasing the z risk and make bullets rare and gunfights with z's something to be avoided but since the z's are completely borked atm: too close and frequent spawns, they are deaf, they see and aggro while proning from 100's of meters this makes it a non discussion. The game is completely broken at the moment.

you said upping player health then decreasing it.. which is it ?

Decreasing, post fixed. Thanks.

I don't agree that the game is broken though, I played a good amount last night, and didn't have any problems. The zeds still die, it just takes more bullets or better aim. Sneaking still works.

Also your planck length is a load of bullcock, there are no physical borders, no thing begins and ends anywhere, I loved your quantum research but we live in an analogue universe mate.

Hehe. That is deabatable, but not here.

Edited by Max Planck

Revert the zombie settings to the patch before.

The zombies should revert as they were in 1.6.0.1 ):

Edited by bruxaum
  • Like 2

I am sorry but I cannot accept your experience, though I'm not calling you a liar at all, I just can't accept it because it isn't happening to anyone I know, myself and friends were all playing last night until 2.30am, and it does take at least 2-3 shots, sometimes 4, to take down zombies with an M9, not one. It's been like this for us since a couple beta patches ago.

I have a 17 day char with a pre-patch m1911, OA updated to the latest beta with BE support. I will try to confirm the hypotheses about pre-patch weapons not being downgraded and post results.

Relatively stable update, few issues experienced.

First, I am not having serious issues with the graphics glitches everyone's been having. I have seen it a couple of times once in Chernogorsk, coming from soldier bodies and another time at the International Airfield, also from the soldiers bodies. A restart fixed it both times. Adjusting my video settings seemed to make them appear and changing them back only made it worse.

Zombie pathing is glitchy at best, the sight and hearing seem stable though.

Based on previous posts, after finding a Ghillie suit, I stored my backpack before I put it on I then had a new Coyote Backpack after equipping the Ghillie Suit.

It might just be the specific server (altough we switched a few times), but me and my friend have both had trouble with our gear "rolling back", it's seemingly random which gear rolls back and which stays. It mostly happened with the gear in our backpacks. Before logging off I removed a GPS and NVG's from our vehicle and put them in my inventory then logged off immediately, upon logging back in they were gone from the vehicle and my inventory. Also, I had put a CZ550 and Fuel tank parts in the vehicle before logging off. When back in, the vehicle still had them in it but they were back in my pack, effectively duping the gear.

Logging in time can take from 30 secs to 15 mins atm, might be partially server side, but the patch definitley did something to make it worse.

Edited by RiseAgainstWhat

For those of you who get these artifacts and are to lazy to search this topic for a fix i will quote myself:

Change your video memory to very high or something and then back to default, works great for me and other people.

Just change it back and forth 1 time, that fixed it permanently for me.

Edited by martinhjerpe

A little Patch Feedback (1.7.2.4/95417;client and servers I tried)

- faster login on some servers

- Infected mostly hear gunshots

- Respawn button disabled -> works

-

mostly because pistol ammo is effectively now worthless vs. Z

More shots on zombies, but why not shooting in the head? It`s still 1 shot. Thanks Rocket my aim becomes better (30Zombies/28HS) ! B)

- Tents are not fixed for duping.

- Zombies spawning to close.

- Sometimes Zombies can see through walls.

- barbed wire is more broken than before, (the glitch problem)

:Six Launcher

:Win 7 64bit

:i7 860

:8 GB RAM

:Gigabyte P55M-UD2

:ATI Radeon 8570

I think need to do something with relogers. Yesterday shut 4 people, can kill only 2 of them, but them bodies is dissappear, realy need to do something with reloggers, maybe if someone press alt+F4 get hime 30 minutes ban? Or create sistem which will be know when the charther is under attack and ban him for 30 minutes or hour if hi out in this moment. =/

For those of you who get these artifacts and are to lazy to search this topic for a fix i will quote myself:

Just change it back and forth 1 time, that fixed it permanently for me.

Tried doing it multiple times, didn't work at all for me. I also tried messing with the other settings to no avail.

• Like 3

I think theres a bug with the m107/AS50. Yesterday i shot 2 people with these guns, but both disappeared in the next 5 seconds, all other 18 players i killed yesterday were lootable, but one with alicepack bugget. Anytime i tryed to open the pack it closes itself at the same moment.

Sorry for my bad english!

EDIT: One with M107 were on the big tower in cherno, the one smaller than the biggest. He got a Spotter or smth with a cz and one with an m16 under them. I shot all 3. Only the one with m107 disappeared. I raged and killed about 15 more people in cherno...

Edited by RoflStoffl96

The weapons' strength was decreased by the arma2 patch - they consider the weapons were too powerful because they killed people in one shot, and they shouldn't, since most enemies in the military simulations you assume they wear armor.

Now dayz is just a mod and the zombies don't wear armor, so they should die with less shots (or not, there's various kinds of zombies and they may not feel pain or be bothered by a broken leg or arm, depending on how the story of the game will be in the end) ... but that's up to the fine tuning and how rocket designs it - right now it sucks due to problems with their hearing and visual, and aggroing from far away.

Either way, rocket is aware of this and some changes may be coming in the next version.

As for survivors and their life, I actually like to not die from one shot. Makes you think twice about attacking someone in a city, as zombies around you would aggro and you can't be sure you're gonna get that guy before zombies hit you.

Could be nice to have less life and find boosters somewhere... example to find armor in some military places (or maybe build it yourself using toolbox from scrap metal or something like that), or inject adrenaline for a boost of life before you engage in a fight ... I'm sure rocket will add content and items to the game after the network code and performance issues are ironed out.

Maybe the disease could be more often - i know i was pissed when I got "sick" and couldn't heal over 6k life and the antibiotics spawn so rarely it was easier for me to respawn.

Just chill for now, it's known, it was reported, your job as tester is done. feel free to report other things.

Edited by mariush
  • Like 1

Actually quantum world is digital

• Like 1

the OP that you dragged that vid from clearly stated that they had found it "some days back"

Never mind then. Just ran across it and thought this might be a sign that they are now spawning.

One chopper per server has now been added to spawn rotation.

Will test out balance a little bit before more are added. Enjoy!

(Message mostly to server hosters: Also servers who havent updated to latest hive will not be able to save vehicle progress, so make sure your favourite server is up to date.)

First of all: thank you rocket for making this mod and delivering updates!

Just for the statistics: I have encountered the graphics glitches, the "ghillie-replaces-backpack"-bug and the "animal-meat"-bug in 1.7.2.4.

However, there seems to be a change to the spawn mechanics: I have looted about 20 deer stands and found (combined of course): 1 AKM without ammo, 1 Remington with ammo, tons of ammo, generic loot and garbage. In previous versions you could find a gun in about one of 2-3 deer stands. Has the weapon spawn rate been decreased for deer stands?

Can anyone confirm the lowered spawn rates?