rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Wirefence glitches everywhere when I look a military base. Playing on Nvidia 560Ti. A friend of mine has the same issue with his Nvidia, and another (ATI) has less glitches. He said bodies (NPC) in the military camp are corrupted.

Edited by Orox

Each time you have respawned, the database size is increased.

Hi Rocket.

First off, thanks for the great game. It is a lot of fun, scary and downright frustrating, but I love it.

My comments on the new update and past updates.

1. Please do not make the game impossible while still have the mod in Alpha. It just does not make sense. Fix most of the bugs, then add the alt-f4 logs.

As it is now, I am almost always stuck at either loading, or waiting for character to create, or the first loading (where the bar is above it).

Also, kicked off due to high pings, kicked off a server (no reason, just kicked off). All these will count towards your alt-f4 punishments.

2. Make the game fun, but not impossible.

For noobs, implement a forgivable 10 count aborts or alt-4. If you are going to create this huge algorithm to big brother the players, then do it wisely. After the 10 count is done, they will have to play as the rest of us.

3. I do not understand the issue of removing Spawn button. Makes no sense. Again, don´t make the game impossible for the players.

4. Consider spawning anywhere in the map. So what is wrong with spawning in the middle of a field, on top of the fire station, middle of a forest (no no no, not debug forest)?

Again, these algorithms you are working on are way out of line and takes the fun out of the game.

Thanks for reading.

Each time you have respawned, the database size is increased.

Or 1 round to the head.

Oh come on! "Or 1 round to the head"? How about we just make players invincible except for bullets to the head? Fenrig is quite right, 13 bullets to the torso to kill a player is ridiculous. More time to kill players means more time to log off in combat.

If Rocket doesn't fix this - I'm out. Yes, yes, you don't care. I know you don't. For me this is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The now ubiquitous logging off has become more than I can bear, and this Arma patch has just made it even worse.

Hey Rocket after further testing of this pre-release update for you i have encountered the graphical glitches (extremely Badly) around Cherno mainly which would block out half my screen it was like looking at a multi coloured wall lol when i should be seeing cherno i have screenshots if they would be any good, also item duping is still easily done, on UK666 i seen a player get kicked the admins said it was for alt-f4 in combat but i know for a fact he did not he was playing with a lad i was on my way to meet, i know my friend does alt-f4 and he rightly got kicked for it :D but the other guy did not he actually got killed by them while trying to sneak upto them but the admins kicked him too, it was a player named Mr.Pink that was admin, anyway back on topic...... Zombies are abit easier to aggro now abit like previous patches i would think, however if you can break LOS a few times on them then its good to go, Respawn didnt work for me which was good Thank You :D i see how this does help gameplay lol. i would however get random FPS drops but they were few and far between i would go from around 40 fps to 15 fps and then back again, not sure what would cause that. All in all i cant say i have noticed any difference really just yet, i wasnt able to find a ghillie suit or camo so cant comment on them atm. Hope this helps.

While approaching NW Airfield I experienced major graphical glitches.

Blinding lights/large polygonal shapes.

Oh come on! "Or 1 round to the head"? How about we just make players invincible except for bullets to the head? Fenrig is quite right, 13 bullets to the torso to kill a player is ridiculous. More time to kill players means more time to log off in combat.

If Rocket doesn't fix this - I'm out. Yes, yes, you don't care. I know you don't. For me this is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The now ubiquitous logging off has become more than I can bear, and this Arma patch has just made it even worse.

LOL. Its very "fun" to play for 5 h only to be ONE SHOT from lee enfield or other stupid shit. Nerfing the guns -> less death from PVP.

Anyone having issues hunting? I just killed a sheep and it gave me the options to hide the body or inspect it. I couldn't take meat after gutting it. Pretty funny when inspecting it; it told me it died from an unknown cause, or something to that effect

Rocket, I get stuck on "loading" on 50% of the servers I try. I have arma x. The worst thing - I have to restart the game if that happens. I cant hit "abort" or ESC. Only restart the game. And this is very annoying. You or BI should fix it. Thanks

I went through the same thing. It's not that you're stuck at loading. It's just that you're not waiting long enough.

I've experienced some extended waiting times while trying to join various servers.

Try leaving it for a bit and do something else. It took almost 10 minutes to connect, the second time I tried. But it *did* connect.

LOL. Its very "fun" to play for 5 h only to be ONE SHOT from lee enfield or other stupid shit. Nerfing the guns -> less death from PVP.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but only the lower ended damage guns got nerfed.

The only thing the nerf did PvP-wise was widen the gap between someone who has a DMR and someone who has a lower tier weapon.

The only gun I would say deserved less damage was the Enfield.

I think you'll have more fun playing call of duty or battlefield 3. This game is not for you, neither is Arma II.

• Like 1

Good update! and the most important thing is done, one of the worst things in the game, Singeplayer meny! Ofcourse we have to remove it! The game is an Alpha so lets remove the Singeplayer button, its realy things like that you need to focus on right now. Not Zeds hitting thru walls or a PVP balance or something.

Nah, realy.. Why? So o realy need to exit the game when i want to play other mods? Why?

Good update, thx rocket =) Realy needed fixes, heli and camo =) But bogemia is worst like everytime, new texture bugs is terrible, and its not wirefence. =/ If you can fix it, thx for work, if not i think its not bad =) with this bugs play is playable, and Stary Sobor is safe place now =))

• Like 1

graphic glitches here too. near Shakhovka. make unpplayable, every time i use the binoculars or zoomin the sky go crazy.

(with my ati 4800 series)

I think you'll have more fun playing call of duty or battlefield 3. This game is not for you, neither is Arma II.

Retard with the common "this game is not for you". Get off my face noob

Mods should ban people using words like "COD" "BF3" or phrases like "this game is not for you". What a moron

Edited by Roboserg
  • Like 3

'Video memory: Default' and 'Objects detail: High' solved my barbed wire glitches :)

• Like 1

The graphic is realy buggggggggggggggggggggggged..

waiting for fix because its impossible to play..

So, is the solution to the "loading" screen, and the graphical errors just to wait for a hot fix?

confirmed, gfx glitch around stary and where ever there is any wire fence, it was okay before but now its totally unplayable around those specific areas, this needs to be fixed ASAP, and maybe give us a hint of wtf is causing it cause i would like to know(im curious), did you actually try to fix it rocket? and then something went horribly wrong, or did you just leave it as it was? i dont expect an answer but i would like to know how this is even possible, ive never in my gaming history seen anything like it lol.

I did not have this issue the first time i launched the game with 1.7.2.4, but after rebooting the game it appeared.

Also need to say that it is possible to try and fix it doing all sorts of different stuff but that is only for said time, im sitting on an ATI Radeon 6870 if that even matters.

Other than that i feel the patch is smooth and clean, the loading time is not bad at all, and the only thing that is bugging me is that graphic glitch, other than that thumbs up.

Edited by Zyfer

So, is the solution to the "loading" screen, and the graphical errors just to wait for a hot fix?

well the funny thing is whenever this gfx glitch get mentioned there is never any help or any guide to how to fix it, rebooting pc doesnt work, changing gfx settings doesnt work either, so yeah, i guess we just gotta wait for a hotfix

well the funny thing is whenever this gfx glitch get mentioned there is never any help or any guide to how to fix it, rebooting pc doesnt work, changing gfx settings doesnt work either, so yeah, i guess we just gotta wait for a hotfix

Figured as much.

It will be better in the end though :)

Go Rocket! :thumbsup:

I had the graphics glitch before this update. I think you people just don't update when updates roll out. Several fixes have been posted for the graphics issue. If your machines trash its not Rockets problem.

Wow those buggers can really hear you now. Zombie kill count went up by 60 odd tonight cos they swarmed from everywhere.

Graphics glitches in Stary when looking at tents confirmed.