rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Um, have you actually agro'd any?

They're currently completely retarded.

I made a video, youtube says it will be up in about 15 minutes.

Long story short, they chase you around for a few seconds.. seemingly stop for a breather, and then if you try to walk to where they are standing, they run over to where you were and start flailing at the air..

I'm serious, I'm even going to edit

into the video for shits and giggles. ;)

Yes we did. We were entered the supermarked in zele, shot one and the whole crowd of zeds followed us into the woods where we had to kill them. I would like to watch your movie but we are germans - so I can't watch watch your record : ( f*** the GEMA! Sry for that dude.

For those interested in trying, fixed my graphic issues by setting Texture quality to very high. Also set video memory to default, but that didn't solve it, at least not before i changed the previously mentioned setting. Hope that makes the game playable for someone, as it did to me.

Quoting myself as it seems a lot of people are having these artifacts and few saw this. I wonder if it will still work fine if I switch texture quality back to normal... oh well...

This did not work for me sadly :S

Awesome hotfix and works beautifully with beta.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Choppers are not on servers yet, you just lost your time searching for it.

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

great ... another useless and stupid patch. dayz becomes more and more booooooooooooring ...

what will be in the next patch or update ???

- Weapons disabled ( we have added stones and tetra packs you can use as weapon.

- we have added bio - organic food and fruits you can pick from the trees. the canes are disabled. ( fastfood isnt good for u )

- we have disabled animals. all players have to be vegetarians now - new veg-suit added. sandals, jute bag

- we have disabed all vehicles with engine cause of pollution of the enviroment. use bicycles

- Chernarus will be renamed into Amish Country

-.- bring back the funny DayZ !!!

r.i.p side and globalchannel ... ( was funny to listen to the people who got killed or were flaming ) --

so true! +1

still playing with female character I started a couple of weeks ago....... just found a downed heli. No weapons just ammo and 1 camo clothing.

tried to put it on but stated that Female characters can use item yet!! sexist pigs lol

Did notice that when i popped a smoke to lure all zeds away from heli that about 6 stayed after the smoke had gone and were just glitching in place.

will test more tomorrow ......time for bed

For those who don't know, here is a list of the weapons affected by the damage nerf:

http://dayzdb.com/ne...es-in-arma2-162

I really don't understand the nerf.

It makes people with lower end damage weapons weaker, and essentially makes people with higher end weapons even stronger.

What's the purpose?

Here's my video of broken zombies in the new update:

I recommend you play this in the background while you watch:

:)

YES YES YES. My experience too.

+1

Sry man but i can not confirm this... But it can be possible!

Sry man but i can not confirm this... But it can be possible!

Um.. the point of the video was to confirm that it is indeed possible.

Did you play the circus music at the same time? My step son was busting his gut at the silly zombies.

I *would* edit the music in, but I'm not sure how. (don't reply to this in the thread, pm me if you can help please)

Um.. the point of the video was to confirm that it is indeed possible.

Did you play the circus music at the same time? My step son was busting his gut at the silly zombies.

I *would* edit the music in, but I'm not sure how. (don't reply to this in the thread, pm me if you can help please)

I don't mind about the music - it's all about the gameplay! We agroded the zeds and they don't behave like in your video. But as I said you could be right. : )

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

Care to do some reading before erroneously correcting people?

Hi Rocket.

First off, thanks for the great game. It is a lot of fun, scary and downright frustrating, but I love it.

My comments on the new update and past updates.

1. Please do not make the game impossible while still have the mod in Alpha. It just does not make sense. Fix most of the bugs, then add the alt-f4 logs.

As it is now, I am almost always stuck at either loading, or waiting for character to create, or the first loading (where the bar is above it).

Also, kicked off due to high pings, kicked off a server (no reason, just kicked off). All these will count towards your alt-f4 punishments.

2. Make the game fun, but not impossible.

For noobs, implement a forgivable 10 count aborts or alt-4. If you are going to create this huge algorithm to big brother the players, then do it wisely. After the 10 count is done, they will have to play as the rest of us.

3. I do not understand the issue of removing Spawn button. Makes no sense. Again, don´t make the game impossible for the players.

4. Consider spawning anywhere in the map. So what is wrong with spawning in the middle of a field, on top of the fire station, middle of a forest (no no no, not debug forest)?

Again, these algorithms you are working on are way out of line and takes the fun out of the game.

Thanks for reading.

This did not work for me sadly :S

=O That's very unfortunate. Tbh, I wasn't looking at barb wire when I had artifacts, I was simply looking at the west side of the NWAF. Gotta check if my game is looking fine with barb wire on the screen (up close at least)...

Rocket, I get stuck on "loading" on 50% of the servers I try. I have arma x. The worst thing - I have to restart the game if that happens. I cant hit "abort" or ESC. Only restart the game. And this is very annoying. You or BI should fix it. Thanks

I can't see anything in some areas due to graphical glitches. It isn't on my end. Never had the problem before, all my drivers are up to date. I tried switching texture memory to all the various options it didn't fix the issue. In Balota, for instance, if I look in roughly 180 out of the 360 degrees I can see absolutely nothing.

Additionally, the removal of the ability to respawn has killed grouping. At least if we get Kamenka we can climb the lighthouse and jump to our death. However, when our group was killed we all pretty much are playing solo for the last several hours now as we restock and plan to meet up. In the past we would just respawn until we hit nearby eachother then group up and move out. If only one of us dies we used to respawn until we got nearby then would run up and gear out by pvping in military areas. Now, we spawn halfway across the map and just revert to solo play.

Solo play was good the first few weeks, but at this point it just isn't fun. There is no stressful action anymore as we all know how to sneak by zombies or lose aggro like it is nothing. We are competent enough to avoid other players, or get the drop on them and kill them. It just isn't fun. The fun thing to do is group up then find other groups to get into skirmishes with. Adding something that reduces that element has removed the fun for us. Really, that is the current problem with the game. There isn't really any end game content other than group pvp. Once you have the game figured out there isn't any challenge to anything else.

Getting a lot of GFX errors at airfield and stary, had to abort cuz i just couldnt see the guy like 200-300 metres away from angles with my heatvision, cuz of the graphics just breaking up.

Please only think about punishing alt+f4s if the game is playble especialy in hotspots.

just tried out 1724, zombies are fixed, they actually hear gunshots from far far away like supposed 2. after server restarted my vehicle was gone and my backpack was empty :(

i was in olsha where a zombie broke a bone XD - my adrenalin was in my backpack....was curious if I could hit the respawn button but it was greyed out?ok I lied // zombies dont follow inside certain buildings but I only tried 2 servers as of yet so needs further testingalso looking at an airfield is not a good idea (wirevectorlsdorgasm)

Edited by straw