Neoiceman

Chernarus in Real

Everyone knows that Chernarus is basically Czech Republic with Russians :P

YEAH BUT IF IT WAS REALLY REAL IT WOULDNT BE PVP CAUSE WED ALL WORK TOGETHER AND THERED BE NO BANDITS

not sure if someone already posted this as i skimmed, but from what i've heard the maps are made directly from satellite images. there was even a thread on this like a month or two ago.

You are a legend for sharing these material with us Neo. I <3 you (no homo)

Thx :)

not sure if someone already posted this as i skimmed, but from what i've heard the maps are made directly from satellite images. there was even a thread on this like a month or two ago.

Yeah you are right :) BI have build up the whole Chernarus map on satelite images and they make it real good.

I'm bumping this thread because I was just linked to it, had never seen it before, and it is chalk full of awesome.

• Like 1

Wow.  Knew it was real but the attention to detail that the game makers did to make it look like the real thing is impressive.  

Everyone knows that Chernarus is basically Czech Republic with Russians :P

They speak Czech, beyotch. The fake brands(off of billboards) are based off of Czech brands. Russian ethnic minorities and communist(russian supported) insurgents are the bad guys. Judging from their game history, Bohemia is not very fond of Russians.

Nice find :D Will browse through this more thoroughly later.

chernarus_compare.jpg

The entire Chernarus

Insel1.jpg

Topolka Dam north of Elektro

20121024203616DSCN9576.jpg

• Like 1

Hello guys, I am the creator of the videos posted on the first page, I am glad to see that you actually recognize the landscape and buildings, since yesterday I am planning to do a new compilation of Chapaevsk, Novoselky and Dubky cities (Pod vyhlídkou, Výšina and Skalka in real life). And by the way, I am going to buy DayZ standalone version, because of Novoselky, that's the place where i live! :) i hope i will enjoy exploring my own prefab.

Just a few images, if you don't believe me :D

Edited by VencaCZ
  • Like 2

Brilliant my compatriot  :thumbsup: please add more photos from yours neighborhood :)

Edited by Fidla
  • Like 1

HEY DUDES, we should go there and LARP it with air soft guns.. and get the locals to pretend to be teh zombies 

Ah, great side-by-side, much appreciated.

chernarus_compare.jpg

The entire Chernarus

Insel1.jpg

Edited by RowdyGowdy

Nice thread. It's pretty common for game developers to draw inspiration from their environment. I remember in the first Hitman game, the developers had literally taken pictures of the sidewalk in Copenhagen, and put it in the game. Was pretty funny when you spotted it in game and knew where it was from.

We had a Czech foriegn exchange student my parents took in, and he recognized the area when he saw me play Dayz XD

Now I know where to go.camping...

We should get like, the whole forum to go and just have a massive DayZ experienxe lol.

And FINALLY we can fix the hackers. (Just do what they deserve, straight up shoot them)

Id be horified if I saw a guy flying througg the air tho..

Wow, just seen this topic, amazing! I'm gonna go there for sure. Just sad the pictures in the first posts don't work anymore!