Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

This game requires a certain level of intelligence and a large amount of patience to play. It's supposed to be realistic, which explains why there is no map and no buddy system, seeing as there would be none in an actual zombie apocalypse and you would have to rely completely on your wits and survival skills.

Quoted for lulz.

This mod requires little to no intelligence and patience. It's easier and quicker to just run into a town agro every zombie, loot everything and lose them in a building than to take forever to sneak around.

Quoted for lulz.

This mod requires little to no intelligence and patience. It's easier and quicker to just run into a town agro every zombie, loot everything and lose them in a building than to take forever to sneak around.

Believe it or not, it does take some intelligence, maybe not a lot, but some amount of common sense that apparently half these new players don't have.

The game is not shit its just very hard and yes grouping up with friends can take some time, but this is supposed to be a realistic type mod so that "feature" and many others including your broken bone are what keeps this on the side of realistic.

First off do yourself a favor and check out the great maps available for the mod, not only will it give you the general location of some great gear it will also show you where you can get a morphine auto injector used to fix those pesky broken bones! ;)

http://dayzhq.com/map/

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.077.122

I hate PVP but I love this mod so I will learn to shoot player as needed! Also have died a few times because I wait to see if people are friendly or not before shooting them, (provided I am still alive at that point) its 50/50 so far for friendly to bandits. (point try something new might like it)

Bottom line its nothing like I have ever played before and honestly never thought I would, but have to say it would have been my loss if I had never tried it or given up when it got little tough!

Edited by Femme Fatale

DayZ is somewhat of an acquired taste (you have to force yourself to like it). After looking past all the fanboyism, bugs, engine limitations, and bad gaming decisions... You should then have all that is needed to survive in the mod. There are no specially acquired skills bla bla blah. The only skill your going to need is the skill to place an ironsight on someones head and click the left mouse button.

one post, 6 pages of flame, you will quickly learn the real day z experience is the forum lulz.. now fill up my chalice with tears. they have been distilled to perfection.

Edited by dagon

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

unfortunatly your lack of reading skills is no excuse.

It's still in development, Wait until official release it will be free highly likely or about 5-10 right now it's overpriced.

Edited by Guardian angel
  • Like 1

I've been reading about the mod on this forum and others for a couple of weeks and 3 days ago I bought Arma II and the expansion pack on Steam, download and installing went really smooth. Hear is my story of my worst gaming experience. I've been playing FPS games for years, mostly the Battlefield franchise, and it's like I read some where you really need to reprogram your brain before and during that you play Day Z.

First life and death.

Spawned somewhere along the coast, it was pitch black and pouring down. As I had read about the game I started crawling to the building I first saw, heard some Zombies but didn't see them, got my flashlight out but it "press L" didn't work, long story short I aggroed some Zombies --> dead.

The same thing happened the first six lives until I finally got my hand on a hatchet, turn around and *Bang* HS I'm dead from the nice fellow next to me.

Oh well, since I read about the game I knew this could and would happen, no worries.

2nd day:

4 more lives wasted until I got may hand on a Makarov although I had plenty of ammo, none was for the Makarov... I was at a small airstrip when I at last found an AK and matching ammo, but I had only 3k blood at the time and after 4 Zombies attacked me and broke my bones that fun was over.

3rd day:

First spawn in the middle of nowhere, I ran for 20 min IRL time and didn't see anything except open land, I got bored and re spawn. Here is when I really starting to get lucky and have some fun. I spawn out in the water and after swimming to shore I find my self close to the largest city I've come across so far, might be Churno? (spelling)

I sneak in to a church and find me my first beans and a clip for a makarov, rather then staying there I move on to another building and lo and behold here is the mother-lode! :) I get a Revolver, A Bow, more food and drinks, sadly no MT Dew, and after running around I find my self in a Supermarket (at least I think it is one) and replace the bow for a Shotgun and the Revolver for a Makarov. Now everything is set I feel, best run so far in the mod/game! After leaving the Supermarket things get tricky, and instead of sneaking out or as my GF suggested disconnect and fight another day, I go out running and "capping" Zombies left and right, felt like I was invincible, like my luck had finally turned! As I finished of the last Zombie and had just bandaged myself and was 2 seconds from logging out. I hear *Bang* *Bang*

Next screen: YOU ARE DEAD!!

Nooooooooooooooooooo :( :beans:

So, so far I've learned that you got to be silent and cautious even when feeling like a million bucks...

4th day:

Still coming... ;)

Edit.

I'm fully aware of this being an Alpha (first one I'd played, only done Betas before)

But thought I'd share a fun snippet, I had played for a day or two, had a MP5 the quiet one, a tent, Alice pack and so on. Log on and meets of the message Creating character, and I was like wt??? And I spawned close to a small town, aggroed all Zombies and died, on intention, next spawn close to electro, get a Alice pack and a 1911, log off when it's dinner time, when I log back on.

Surprise I'm back with my first character...

Any one else had that experience?

Edited by Selago
  • Like 1

Funny how EVERY single point he mentioned is actually something that makes this game awesome and uninique. You are clearly a more "mainstream" gamer so i suggest you go back to call of duty or battlefield.

A good example of some QQ: You say there is no friends system and you don't know where they are. Well.. you use voice chat, you look at your sorroundings to see where you are, then you open a map and see where you need to go. You may even need to use roadsigns..The same things applies too all of your friends. Then you all agree on a spot to meet up at.. when you start getting there you have to actually let people know where you are coming from because you never know, it might be some other survivor who will kill you all, or your own friends might accidently shoot you theirself, if you dont let them know where you are coming from.

If you have broken bones then.. well you should always carry morphine. Otherwise you need to ask your friends to come and get you.. just like you would in real life.

I have been waiting for a game like this forever and finally its here !!

The only other game i can think of that has a similar steep learning curve is Eve.. and just like CoD or Battlefield player cannot play DayZ .. WoW players simply cannot play something like Eve.

Im pretty sure if an actualy zombie apocalpyse took place people would most likely shoot you in the face to get food.

Cant wait untill this game goes through Alpha and Beta and gets released.. because damn it deserves to be !

THIS. except for one point: as someone who enjoyed both WoW and EVE, i disagree with your reference.

the unique appeal of DayZ is, that its actually a bit challenging.

Games nowaday cater to the spoiled masses, with difficulty settings where "easy" means "tutorial", "normal" means "very easy", "veteran" means "can be played onehanded while senselessly drunk" and "hardcore" means "lets play it for real once".

From what i gathered here in the community during the short time since my arrival is, that many find the game actually a bit too easy. I agree in some points.

Oh, and btw: I came from Kotaku, too.

Games are like Music, everyone has different tastes. I think we all need to respect that and respect his opinion.

• Like 1

Funny how EVERY single point he mentioned is actually something that makes this game awesome and uninique. You are clearly a more "mainstream" gamer so i suggest you go back to call of duty or battlefield.

A good example of some QQ: You say there is no friends system and you don't know where they are. Well.. you use voice chat, you look at your sorroundings to see where you are, then you open a map and see where you need to go. You may even need to use roadsigns..The same things applies too all of your friends. Then you all agree on a spot to meet up at.. when you start getting there you have to actually let people know where you are coming from because you never know, it might be some other survivor who will kill you all, or your own friends might accidently shoot you theirself, if you dont let them know where you are coming from.

If you have broken bones then.. well you should always carry morphine. Otherwise you need to ask your friends to come and get you.. just like you would in real life.

I have been waiting for a game like this forever and finally its here !!

The only other game i can think of that has a similar steep learning curve is Eve.. and just like CoD or Battlefield player cannot play DayZ .. WoW players simply cannot play something like Eve.

Im pretty sure if an actualy zombie apocalpyse took place people would most likely shoot you in the face to get food.

Cant wait untill this game goes through Alpha and Beta and gets released.. because damn it deserves to be !

Gamers are gamers why ya gotta discriminate bro

• Like 1

Gamers are gamers why ya gotta discriminate bro

I agree with Teldrius, plus I think referring someone to go back to COD is against the rules... we all were COD fanboys so I don't know whats with all the hipsters. I only refer COD when referring to fast-paced gameplay, not some 12 year old kid on the mic or something.

Heres the extent of my wonderfully entertaining times with this awesome mod:

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

You're just bad.

And with the entire electricity grid being down, how are you going to use a cellphone? Besides that, do you have a cellphone in-game?

Anyway, I also got frustrated with trying to meet up with people at first, but once you get used to the map, which happens rather fast, it's no problem. Even if you spawn on opposite ends of the map, meeting up shouldn't take more than 20 minutes for someone who has a vague idea of the layout of the map.

Speaking of, it would be really bloody awesome if you could get power stations running again, that will provide power as long as they're working, lighting up the night but attracting loads of zombies.

So say a gang of friends take a power plant as their home they can help the rest of the server by providing power to the long powerlines along the coast or something, but the longer it's up the greater the risk etc.

also, for the record guys, a zombie apocalypse isn't a real thing, so who are you to say what would "actually happen" during one? I've seen a few zombie apocalypse things where phones and tvs still work etc, and plenty where they don't.

You're just bad.

I respect the fact that one of your only 2 posts was to insult me, I feel pretty special right now.

1. What kind of bone magically heals itself in a minute?

2. I think you understand the map part.

3. I think you know understand the part as to how to escape zeds, my favorite being (if there is a ladder), going up and staying in the middle of the ladder. Wait a minute and then the zeds forget about you.

4. The longest load time I ever had was 5 minutes, to a server in EU (I live in the Philippines, South East Asia), my net being [DL speed] being at 140 Kbps and my computer being a 3 year old Crysis 1 spec'd computer.

5. I hated my first hour as much as the person next to me, but you get used to how the game works and become a millionaire (in terms of gear). Just don't get attached (I've been alive for 8 days now, last death being from teleported to a field with the rest of the server and killed).

6. Patience is a virtue. You think I got all this gear like "BAM", no. I took me 9 hours to get all of this, and another to get it all back again (after death by hacker). Not to mention how many zeds I had to ninja myself by.

@random: It took me 4 hours to meet with my group and an additional 2 hours to get to the camp when I started.

@random: I love it when people alert every zombie in a town/city and try to run out of the city. Do expect two guys in Ghillies with AS50s pointing at you and not the horde once you get out (especially Elek).

Edited by ExESGO

Alot of players buy Arma 2 Combined operations just for this mod,so did I, all the videos on youtube make it look like a good game with lots of fun, most of the videos are from march, I liked this game because of the Side chat and all the shootouts and scavenging..

this game is a fucking joke, zombies are shit, or that they can hear\see you from miles away even if you're crouch running or that they just try to block your enterance into a city\house\w.e, when I bought this game I thought it would be just like in those videos, lots of friendlies, sidechat, so you wont just go for hours and hours going from place to place trying to find guns, I mean wtf is that shit for, you find the best gun, then what?Its more fun to have gunfights\just hang with friends and raid hot spots(with other players) because this survival is complete bullshit, it doesn't the "feel" of real surviving.. and don't tell me its a free mod, I'm saying this just because I saw it in some other thread "Arma 2 sales has rised of about 300% because of DayZ"

so stop with this fucking bullshit of saying this mod is free, most players who bought this game, bought it just to play DayZ, and again as I said in another thread, saying "ITS IN THE ALPHA" isn't an exuse for every fucking problem in this mod, I do like this mod even with all its problems.. but now I see that there is going to be this new game called War-Z, All the stuff of DayZ just probally better, And I know most of you will say" THEN GO PLAY IT",I probally will but untill its out I'm stuck with the clusterfuck of buggs in this game War-Z seems like DayZ just fixed and better, it has better engine,bigger map,other guns(I hope) BETTER ZOMBIE AI!!<--- MOST IMPORTANT.

now go ahead and say your "cool story bruh" and "ITS AN ALPHA" or "Go play another game"

You're an idiot. People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to share their opinions with others.

Long story short, your shit, and are definately the worst gamer experience I have ever had.

Wanted to give you my :beans: for the laughs that post gave me, but "your" instead of "you're" or "you are" or at least "youre" is unforgivable. And english isn't even my primary language.

Call me grammar nazi if you want, but no beans for you sir! :emptycan: :D

• Like 1

Heres the extent of my wonderfully entertaining times with this awesome mod:

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

The alpha is running a little weird since a new patch for Arma 2 came out on top of a new alpha build for DayZ. Deal with it.

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

You should play Arma 2 or at least do the boot camp.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

Run through a building with two entrances or run through some think trees. Aggro problem solved. Or you could turn in that ol' brain and use stealth to avoid the zombies.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Alpha phase.

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

I'm beginning to think you either just suck or this game is too hard for you.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

Yeah, because broken bones go away. You're just awful. It's an alpha, how is that refined? You wasted your money because you couldn't even take 20 minutes out of your day to actually read about it rather than watching some shitty player on some youtube video play it for 10 minutes telling you how awesome it is.

Rocket rustled your jimmies, i cry with tears of glee.

You paid $30 for one of the most amazing games ever made.... fuck DayZ really, ArmA 2 is the only game I've spent 12 years playing because there is so much content in an open world with completely non-linar gameplay.

If you $30 bucks is too much for ArmA 2 you can get fucked back to CoD/BF.

Game is too easy, wtf is OP Talking about?

You paid $30 for one of the most amazing games ever made.... fuck DayZ really, ArmA 2 is the only game I've spent 12 years playing because there is so much content in an open world with completely non-linar gameplay.

If you $30 bucks is too much for ArmA 2 you can get fucked back to CoD/BF.

Never played singleplayer, Is it good? Or did you spend 12 years in multiplayer?

Edited by Fijiwater

each tiome u die, u learn something new, like not jumping down from high places or to be a bit more stealthy

the first 3 days playing i think i had guns twice, and got gunned down each time, yeah i made a lot of noise

yeah i did stupid newb things in dayZ, but its part of learning how to play it

right now i can survive for 3-4 days max, untill i walk through the wrong area while hunting for pigs/cows and get pegged off by a bloody sniper!!!!

i still have fun with it tho, it town campers keep pegging me off i try to aggro as many zeds as i can so i have a horde of 20+ runnin after me and lead them towards the campers if i know where they are lol

make ur own fun with the game

think outside the box

do the unthinkable

climbed to top of a build once, and then thought "shit.. bet some sniper is gonna plug me one now" climbd up there to get away from zeds, so i hopped over the edge and gave the zeds a manwitch, lol, i lost my gear, i made a dumb mistake, but i still turned it into something fun in the end!!

make ur own fun, find the urban legends thread, study a map that u find on google, and go looking for the creepy things posted in that thread

its to easy to have fun with game

my goal is simple, i wanna have a survivour for 5-6 days now!, slowly working my way to a week

Yo, Teldrius, add me on skype (jarehbro) if you want to give it another go sometime, I'd be glad to help out a new player. I've had a great experience with DayZ so far, you just have to get used to a few things.