Hashisx

Weapon Damage Nerfs

Yeah i noticed this last night when i carefully lined up a Zed with my M1911. I put one shot in him and turned away expecting that to be that. Imagine my surprise when he proceeded to pound me as i had to put three more shots into him!

Definitely makes headshots vital. I hope Rocket doesnt lower Zed health though - i like the fact zombies are now a bit more powerful.

Now the Lee Enfield is a two shot player kill.

Edited by DemonGroover

Lee Enfield 12500 > 6722

post-69600-0-41663200-1343345366_thumb.p

Edited by aeterna

lee enfield = 2 shot kill? that is just plain stupid

i liked the fact it was 1 shot kill, countered by how loud it was.

Now its just a waste of a gun

GG with nerfs, killing the game for me

• Like 1

Cool

It's a steep cut in power, but I think this is "better for the game".

Enfield rounds should be especially devastating IMO, but I digress....

What would make this change cooler would be if a set of more rare, more effective guns were released alongside it.

Maybe rare hollow points for appropriate rounds as well, that beef up the damage to a reliable double tap per Zombie for a gun like the 1911.

BTW, this is exactly why I got mauled so badly at the NW Airfield today.

1 man, a 1911, and an AK, don't hold up as well against 7 or 8 zombies.

I thought I was cool for awhile there, being able to clear places like the airfield Rambo style.

Looks like those dayZ are over.

later in the post it is discussed that the loudness of the gun was also reduced, which makes it a bit more balanced in that respect,

i think the pistol nerfs are nice, makes choosing a pistol a little more interesting

But they nerfed how loud it was, too.

Its 1/2 the sound now.

But they nerfed how loud it was, too.

But who cares. I used Enfild for fast killing snipers and don't give a *uck about its loudness.

Too many identical damage values, and very little logic to that new damage table. Was this really intended?

Rocket?

I would like to see diffrent ammo, that could prove intresting. Hollow points, full metal jackets, tracer rounds. Could prove itresting.

I find this to be the single worst thing to happen to the game to date. It's only going to push the obsession for military loot and the KoS strategy to even more extremes. Plus I actually don't find it realistic in any way shape or form.

Edited by Drakezilla

Well, looks like 1911 is the new Makarov! And I do not understand why AKs were nerfed, now they are below the m16 variants >:(

These nerfs make high end late game gear way more efficient than easily accessible weapons (Rifles using STANAG ammo and Sniper rifles aren't nerfed in this patch.)

You basically just have to find an AS50 and go to the coast to kick some noob ass without even risking much anymore, the "equalizer" (Lee enfield) which provided "balance" is no match to your 37K damages rifle.

Amazing. :thumbsup:

(Better watch your back guys, if you let somebody empty a whole makarov magazine in your chest it might very well damage you for up to 6 K blood. Shit son, that gun sure hurts.)

Edited by Nucleqrwinter

Well, looks like 1911 is the new Makarov! And I do not understand why AKs were nerfed, now they are below the m16 variants >:(

USA>>>>>

:D

In real life a 45 cal. round would do the trick the fact that they nerfed it is not a good idea to me.

• Like 2

Too many identical damage values, and very little logic to that new damage table. Was this really intended?

Rocket?

Keep in mind it's an Arma2 patch, not a DayZ patch that caused it.

But Rocket might know something about it.

I don't mind the nerf in damage to be honest, however what is a bit unfortunately is that some of the models have identical stats which begs the question, what's the point in having the multiple choice of weapons then? What I would like to eventually see is upgrades for the weapons such as scopes or extended mags but we're a long way from that :(

scrap the damage, was not aware it was a Arma2 Patch that caused it.

Edited by Meller

Yeah, the damage from pistols is a freaking joke now...I ate through 75% of my pistol ammo taking down about 10 zombies...and generally wondering wtf was going!

4 shots on average to kill a zed with an M1911...Not cool! It was fine the way it was in my opinion. This change was unnecessary.

Edited by soapmak3r

gotta question when the dev says he wont balance guns, then we see nerfs for alot of guns to the same amount of dmg.

Why all of a sudden, 2 years after Arma 2 is released are guns being balanced???

Arma 2 patch or not, this is wrong imo

so....

g17 and m9 are best pistols now (ur goin for headshots anyway) followed my makarov, with the .45s last??

winchester>enfield??

winchester>any other shotty for that matter??

all ak74 variants are trash? akm or bust for low-level military gear now huh?

all smg are REALLY trash, huh?

i don't like it.

• Like 2

Found my first M9SD yesterday, shot a zed no effect dropped the damn thing then for an M1911, nearly the same crap. I always thought the G17 was crap now it's even more useless. Makarov fired fast at least, now the same crap. Enfield a pointless weapon now. :|