Gadget (DayZ)

This game will fail long term if the PK problem isnt addressed

The big fat question is...WHY?

Did he give a big fat check to the developers or something?

Because:

A) Plenty of people have requested the feature.

B) It would be easy to do.

C) It would allow more people to play, especially of Local multiplayer was added to support people with poor internet connections.

D) I personally believe in letting people play how they want and giving them the tools to do so. But maybe the Devs don't want to do that so I guess it's their choice.

In the end I see no reason as to why everyone cannot have what the want. But it's not really my choice and the Devs will do what they think is best. I still don't see why everyone gets so angry at these threads. This game is great regardless of what people like the OP think. That dosen't make him an idiot though.

• Like 1

What PK problem? There are more PvE zombie games than you can shake a stick at and exactly one with open world PvP.

HINT: We may have come for the zombies but they're not what is keeping us here.

Edited by random51

If I want DM/TDM, I'll play Unreal Tournament. What I really want to play is a Z Apocalypse Survival game, so far DayZ is not it.

DayZ is still Alpha though, I remain hopeful it will become the Survival game that it has claimed to be, eventually.

Private servers are shit, it just leads as in the world of local admin control. And they mostly known as kicking and banning bitches, if youre better as them.

If you think humans aren't the biggest challenge to surviving in a post-apocalyptic scenario you need to think again.

When you have limited resources the strong band together and take those resources from anybody who can't defend them. Zombies---by their very nature---are just a mindless environmental hazard.

Then start seeing it. There can't be something for everyone. That statement is immature and uneducated. There can NOT be SOMETHING for EVERYONE. That is just a universal truth to LIFE. Apply it to your opinion of gaming.

amp='1343154

If you want PvE there are a LOT of games out there that are better suited. DayZ doesn't have to be turned into something it's not to satisfy the few who just don't get it.

Gaming is not real life. Maybe you should see that. Someone else having a PvE server does not effect you at all, in fact you won't have to interact with them at all or talk to them. Let them go have their fun. There is no solid reason for why they can't have one besides maybe that the Devs do not want to, which again, it is up to them anyway.

Disallowing someone to do something just because you don't like it is as "uneducated" and "immature" as anything I said.

Gaming is actually one of the few places where there can be something for everyone.

• Like 1

If you think humans aren't the biggest challenge to surviving in a post-apocalyptic scenario you need to think again.

When you have limited resources the strong band together and take those resources from anybody who can't defend them. Zombies---by their very nature---are just a mindless environmental hazard.

Incorrect.

If you want a PvE type Zombie experience on the ARMA 2 engine just lookup: Dynamic Zombie Sandbox.

Thanks, no go play something that is tailored for PvE and not try to gut what makes this project amazing.

You should read up a bit on the dev of Dayz. He doesn't exactly cater to carebears. He knows you can't please everybody, there's no point in trying. The "pk problem" as you put it isn't going anywhere.

Why does everyone end their posts with ".....This game isnt for you" or "....you should be playing L4D" or my personal favourite ".....go back to wow and take your fairy dragons with you". I often read these posts just to see what new retarded sayings the trolls learned in school today. Funny shit.

• Like 2

Incorrect.

Good comeback, I particularly liked the in-depth analysis you used to refute human nature as documented throughout ALL OF RECORDED HISTORY.

The simple fact of the matter is that at the moment we do not have to tools to play co-op unless you play with your friends.

The devs have aknowledged this, and I hope that means we are going to move towards a system where we can actually interact without everyone shooting on sight. Instanced underground hideouts have been mentioned, where people can meet and team up. This would at least create areas where people can't ghost in and go on a murder spree.

I'm all for PvP, and think dayZ is boss, but honestly - how much longevity is there is a game where you gather gear, get shot, gather gear, get shot, gather gear etc etc ad infinitum, ad absurdum, ad tedium?

This isn't a PvP game. At least, not solely a PvP game. It's a zombie apocalypse simulator with PvP elements.

That needs to be the focus. At the moment zombies may as well not exist. I'll give you an example: The other night I was in Cherno when I saw a player running down the street pursued by two zombies. I ducked into a shop and hunkered down, but he still came in and pumped a few shots into me - presumably while zombies were chewing on his ass?

No way that should have happened. No-one should be able to take time out to PvP while they are under attack by zombies.

Zombies need to be the threat, as much as players are. So in a way I blame a lot of those calling for zombie nerfs for the current state of the game, with regards to PvP.

Edited by Bottlerocket
  • Like 4

Because:

A) Plenty of people have requested the feature.

B) It would be easy to do.

C) It would allow more people to play, especially of Local multiplayer was added to support people with poor internet connections.

D) I personally believe in letting people play how they want and giving them the tools to do so. But maybe the Devs don't want to do that so I guess it's their choice.

In the end I see no reason as to why everyone cannot have what the want. But it's not really my choice and the Devs will do what they think is best. I still don't see why everyone gets so angry at these threads. This game is great regardless of what people like the OP think. That dosen't make him an idiot though.

The people requesting these are the VERY SMALL minority

It's easy to do, maybe, not saying it is or it isn't, how would you know?

Still the question is WHY?

Who are YOU or everyone else for that matter to tell the developers of a game how to make their game? Obviously they are going the direction of their vision, so again WHY?

And you talk about having players play how they want and give them the tools to do so...well isn't that what DayZ is? it's an Open World Sandbox where you can play PvE and PvP, so what's the problem?

Edited by jay.pis

I'm all for PvP, and think dayZ is boss, but honestly - how much longevity is there is a game where you gather gear, get shot, gather gear, get shot, gather gear etc etc ad infinitum, ad absurdum, ad tedium?

Entirely different question, one completely unrelated to a supposed "PK problem".

The most obvious answer is: Lots of people still play Counterstrike. :)

Why does everyone end their posts with ".....This game isnt for you" or "....you should be playing L4D" or my personal favourite ".....go back to wow and take your fairy dragons with you". I often read these posts just to see what new retarded sayings the trolls learned in school today. Funny shit.

Because it's true?

Maybe....

Like someone else said, it is impossible to make something for everyone. So it is the most logical to have a target audience/plan and stick with it. Just like what Rocket and the other devs are doing with this project.

In the end I see no reason as to why everyone cannot have what the want. But it's not really my choice and the Devs will do what they think is best.

Letting people play how they want.

Isn't that what DayZ does? It lets you play how you want. Call up any game and tell me it "let's you play how you want" and I'll call you a liar. It let's you play exactly how the DEVELOPERS designed it. Every time. Even Arma/DayZ. There is no "what we want" since we're not the ones coding it.

You claim it would be easy to throw up some PvE servers and let people play the game offline. This goes against the very principles of what this game is all about. I think I'm replying too much to you. You are one of the many who just don't seem to get it. I'd guess every birthday candle you've blown out you were wishing for "world peace" as well.

This game is so utterly amazing. I can see why there can be intense discussions on this forum. There are those who see how amazing the game is, and why it is so and want to defend that. This game represents so much more to the entire gaming community. This goes beyond just this game. Wake up and smell reality.

When I play this game I want each moment I'm logged in to feel like that moment could be my last. Even knowing there's some fluff-version of this world out there on some PvE server would seriously diminish my experience. Why even bother PvP if there are lame PvE servers filled with people loot-whoring and circle jerking? PvE servers would make me lose all interest in what this game is.

are you one of the geared dudes I just killed at NWAF?

either way you're bad if you want strictly PvE....no challenge = boring

Edited by ih8

The people requesting these are the VERY SMALL minority

It's easy to do, maybe, not saying it is or it isn't, how would you know?

Still the question is WHY?

Who are YOU or everyone else for that matter to tell the developers of a game how to make their game? Obviously they are going the direction of their vision, so again WHY?

No one is telling them anything . . . giving someone the ability to host a LAN game and play PvE with his friends literally does not effect them or anyone else at all.

The part that I find the most confusing is that people actually like boring PvE zombie games. PvP is the only thing adding any excitement whatsoever to this game.

An Arma II NPC isn't going to out-think me or out-play me. It isn't going to throw new tactics at me, it isn't going surprise me by learning to counter my tactics.

If I snipe a zombie it isn't going to make it its goal in life to kill me after it respawns. It isn't going to spend 2 hours making sure it has the tools it needs to get the jump on me. It isn't going to practice stealth, use distractions, or dark of night to cross my perimeter undetected.

PvE games last me hours, sometimes days. PvP games can keep me interested for YEARS.

Please stop trying to suck the life out of this game in an effort to make it another boring snoozefest compstomp when you already have plenty of those to choose from.

Edited by random51

because the initial design goal for this experiment was to avoid balance, fairness, and judgment/punishment. to be ruthless and frustrating. all the things that the modern gaming industry has added to every game they put out turning things into this stagnant boring mess. to have players be the primary threat to survival. for rocket to be an architect, and then to have us determine whether the game turned into nothing but rampant player killing or not. not for people to bitch about getting killed by players and demand that some sort of hard coded rules were put into the game to make everyone safe. essentially people say this because the experience the complainers are looking for is in so many other games out there already. this was designed to do something different, not fall into the same crap every major dev company puts out these days. if you dislike the pvp, do something about it, don't look to the developers for your solutions.

No one is telling them anything . . . giving someone the ability to host a LAN game and play PvE with his friends literally does not effect them or anyone else at all.

It affects the developers. :P

And I'll let you sit on that a while so you can figure out why.

Letting people play how they want.

Isn't that what DayZ does? It lets you play how you want. Call up any game and tell me it "let's you play how you want" and I'll call you a liar. It let's you play exactly how the DEVELOPERS designed it. Every time. Even Arma/DayZ. There is no "what we want" since we're not the ones coding it.

You claim it would be easy to throw up some PvE servers and let people play the game offline. This goes against the very principles of what this game is all about. I think I'm replying too much to you. You are one of the many who just don't seem to get it. I'd guess every birthday candle you've blown out you were wishing for "world peace" as well.

This game is so utterly amazing. I can see why there can be intense discussions on this forum. There are those who see how amazing the game is, and why it is so and want to defend that. This game represents so much more to the entire gaming community. This goes beyond just this game. Wake up and smell reality.

When I play this game I want each moment I'm logged in to feel like that moment could be my last. Even knowing there's some fluff-version of this world out there on some PvE server would seriously diminish my experience. Why even bother PvP if there are lame PvE servers filled with people loot-whoring and circle jerking? PvE servers would make me lose all interest in what this game is.

I agree that this game is amazing, and I myself enjoy PvP and every other aspect of this game. But comparing the ability to host offline servers to me frivolously wishing for world piece is a dicy metaphor at best.

Someone else playing PvE by themselves would make you lose interest in your own server you are playing on? You seem to just have some issue with letting other people play the way they want to play. It's not really your business what they do with the game in their offline servers. You seem to be the one that has some serious issues.

If just the thought of someone else playing the game differently than you turns you off of the game . . well . . I don't even really have words for you. That's about as ignorant as it gets. In fact that's borderline insane that you would let someone else's play-style effect you that negatively. You shouldn't worry so much about what other people do.

People can do and say what they want. It's not your business. OP does his thing you do yours, don't let it effect you. He plays PvE on LAN with his buddies you play the game the way it was meant to be played in all of it's PvP goodness and we all win. Literally not hard at all.

Edited by XenoSententia

It affects the developers. :P

And I'll let you sit on that a while so you can figure out why.

And as I said before, it's only the Devs choice. And that everyone shouldn't care.